What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Nirvana? Steve McQueen? Homer Simpson? Anna Pavlova?

Your passion is covered...Just talk about it!

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

Motor City
Policy Wonk
Posts: 4678
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:37 am

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by Motor City »

where a lot of popular rock music came from in the 60s, lots of borrowing, sampling, reworking of old blues songs

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYy716zmXcM[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVdpXdpzvYY[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eed4Rfu6Ug[/BBvideo]

User avatar
TheFox
Policy Wonk
Posts: 3839
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by TheFox »

Day Tripper
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFsqY_5SIic[/BBvideo]

Please, Please Me
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3NTVkHwD5I[/BBvideo]

McCartney
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MWVo1fjRsQ[/BBvideo]
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3_8wdvTjq8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Number6
Board Emeritus
Posts: 14800
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by Number6 »

TheFox » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:27 am wrote:Day Tripper
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFsqY_5SIic[/BBvideo]

Please, Please Me
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3NTVkHwD5I[/BBvideo]

McCartney
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MWVo1fjRsQ[/BBvideo]
I took a 3-mile walk this afternoon and when I came back onto this forum I saw your post. During my walk, I was listening the album The Beatles 1962 - 1966 and both Day Tripper[/u] and Please Please Me were playing on the album. It was good to here their songs again and it reminded me of the time the songs were first releases.
When you vote Left you vote right.


User avatar
TheFox
Policy Wonk
Posts: 3839
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by TheFox »

The ever essential soul comforting music to help us get through.

Broken Down Palace

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmqNE0tq4mQ[/BBvideo]
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3_8wdvTjq8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Motor City
Policy Wonk
Posts: 4678
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:37 am

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by Motor City »

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GG5eIql5E[/BBvideo]

Greta Van Fleet announce debut album details, release date, and new song
.......Announced Friday morning, Greta Van Fleet's debut record Anthem of the Peaceful Army is pegged for an Oct. 19 release. According to a press release all 10 tracks are original recordings written collectively by brothers Jake, Josh, and Sam Kiszka and drummer Danny Wagner. The debut record was recorded in Nashville and Royal Oak and produced by Marlon Young, Herschel Boone (The Rust Brothers), and Al Sutton recorded.




The announcement also reveals that the album explores the following: "fresh starts, love, integrity, innocence, adventure, diversity and peace, the life cycle and its inherent responsibilities, courage, masked deceptions, revolution, and truth."
.........


User avatar
Libertas
Board Emeritus
Posts: 18976
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by Libertas »

Steve Perry and the drive for success and money destroyed one of the greatest rock fusion bands of all time. (I was also a fan of his music, it was just very very different)

Not sure what to call the original pre Perry Journey, Rock something combined.

Most of you likely dont know what I am talking about as to comparing the original band to the Perry version, you may have not heard those first two albums, 3 really but the first two are historic and remarkable and amazing and this is when they had one of the all time greatest drummers of all time, Aynsley Dunbar...he was replaced soon after the 3rd album and as I recall the reason was alcoholism. Too bad, because he belongs in a different category than almost ALL others.


[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g974yBrYBUE[/BBvideo]


[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djsp6bjb3cE[/BBvideo]

Do yourselves a favor, check out these albums, play them all the way thru

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5At4xJ-7nys[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i38vu0HMvM[/BBvideo]


I am going nuts, my guitar player is at his summer place and his antique Fender amp is at the shop, hoping it gets fixed. I cant play till he gets back...

Dunbar belongs in the category with Baker, Rich, etal.
Excuse me while I use a BROAD BRUSH to say anyone who spends one minute defending anything rump is just as guilty as he is of all his crimes

User avatar
carmenjonze
Board Emeritus
Posts: 24942
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:41 am wrote:Steve Perry and the drive for success and money destroyed one of the greatest rock fusion bands of all time. (I was also a fan of his music, it was just very very different)

Not sure what to call the original pre Perry Journey, Rock something combined.

Most of you likely dont know what I am talking about as to comparing the original band to the Perry version, you may have not heard those first two albums, 3 really but the first two are historic and remarkable and amazing and this is when they had one of the all time greatest drummers of all time, Aynsley Dunbar...he was replaced soon after the 3rd album and as I recall the reason was alcoholism. Too bad, because he belongs in a different category than almost ALL others.


[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g974yBrYBUE[/BBvideo]


[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djsp6bjb3cE[/BBvideo]

Do yourselves a favor, check out these albums, play them all the way thru

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5At4xJ-7nys[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i38vu0HMvM[/BBvideo]


I am going nuts, my guitar player is at his summer place and his antique Fender amp is at the shop, hoping it gets fixed. I cant play till he gets back...

Dunbar belongs in the category with Baker, Rich, etal.
Dunbar is the very best, who played with the very best. One of my favorite and most versatile rock drummers of all time.

Stop calling the cops on us.

User avatar
Libertas
Board Emeritus
Posts: 18976
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:50 am wrote:
Dunbar is the very best, who played with the very best. One of my favorite and most versatile rock drummers of all time.
Every-time I shoot my mouth off about this drummer or that drummer, I remind myself who your favorite rock band is

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWRMOJQDiLU[/BBvideo]
Excuse me while I use a BROAD BRUSH to say anyone who spends one minute defending anything rump is just as guilty as he is of all his crimes

User avatar
Number6
Board Emeritus
Posts: 14800
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by Number6 »

Anne Murray is one of my favorite female artists.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peWwHTTKmVw[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-hTCwaKhSw[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wagjpWtRII[/BBvideo]
When you vote Left you vote right.

Motor City
Policy Wonk
Posts: 4678
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:37 am

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by Motor City »

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ajl1ABdD8A[/BBvideo]

its an interesting lyric " madly in anger with you", an anger crush



User avatar
TheFox
Policy Wonk
Posts: 3839
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by TheFox »

There is no escape, just face the music...

I Need a Miracle
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdqH-HWE1Ug[/BBvideo]

I'll Take a Melody
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es2mEhIdQDc[/BBvideo]

Weather Report Suite
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN6mjNMNytY[/BBvideo]
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3_8wdvTjq8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
TheFox
Policy Wonk
Posts: 3839
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by TheFox »

Two of US

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9DlrlPCPKo[/BBvideo]

Dig a Pony

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35JXUuNseOM[/BBvideo]

Get Back

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6gKe9Fr2ok[/BBvideo]
Last edited by TheFox on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3_8wdvTjq8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;




Big Joe
Policy Wonk
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by Big Joe »

I'm really diggin' this young band. I see hope for rock and blues these days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8aNK3XMP5w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Motor City
Policy Wonk
Posts: 4678
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:37 am

Re: What music do you currently listen to? {Retitled}

Post by Motor City »

Big Joe » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:15 pm wrote:I'm really diggin' this young band. I see hope for rock and blues these days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8aNK3XMP5w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
they are pretty good

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7YEKzHZqjA[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO62scTZ7Qk[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-lGhKrypb0[/BBvideo]

keeps the magic in his heart





Post Reply