RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tonight is the final episode of The Big Bang Theory and after a 12-year run and 280 episodes it will be hard to get used to not seeing new episodes. I'll admit when I first read about this show in 2007 I thought the idea of the show was stupid and I didn't watch it. It wasn't until 2010 that a friend told me about how funny the show is and so I decided to watch an episode. After that one episode I was hooked. IMO, it's the funniest comedy show ever on television.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

i didnt ever find it all that humorous. i will watch tonite tho since ive seen bits of it here there.

theres a familial thingy going on where family members seem to get their own shows too.
sorta inbred but we shall see. sheldon will be retiring when they get done with that character if ever.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Seems to be a time of many TV endings. I don't really see a pressing need to put these in spoiler boxes, but fine, let me warn you, if you care, these are key plot details of season finales, present or upcoming.

Avengers hit its Endgame. It's widely thought Agents of Shield is heading for its final season.

Game of Thrones appears headed for a finale that may shock a lot of people, not where they saw the show ending.

Gotham just ended, and Batwoman appears poised to start on the CW. (In her universe, it seems Batman is already dead, or missing.)

Arrowverse fans will note Arrow is headed for its final season, and - spoiler alert? - we see Oliver's tombstone, with date (2019), in the final future flash forward. We know he made a deal with the Monitor, and we still don't know its nature. Except in this year's season finale, the Monitor tells him what everybody thought - that he will die in the Crisis in Infinite Earths, which is the crossover happening in December.

The Flash season finale ended with a similar teaser. We know for a while "future daughter" Nora (who has ceased to exist from timeline changes) told the Flash he would vanish during the crisis in 2024. Well, final scene, that "future paper" morphs into showing a new date for that same disappearance - also now 2019 - with the Crisis again looming in December.

Legion is apparently in its third and final season soon. I guess we will find out if David Haller is the world's savior, or destroyer, or a bit of both. I ("Prof. X") will be in the season. I was as shocked as anybody else by the Season 2 finale. Legion in the comics was morally ambiguous, but I certainly didn't expect the David of the show to so suddenly morph from what seems to have been its (unstable but good-natured) hero, to its villain, with the Shadow King now working with his former friends to hunt him down. (Certainly what he did to "Sid" was unacceptable, though he refuses to acknowledge that.)

Of course, given that you're never all that sure what on the show is actually real, given its nature, you also have to wonder.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:09 am 
Board Emeritus

Congratulations on an amazing 12 year run BBT best of luck to the cast & crew.