"Will traitor trump be indicted?" thread...

News and events of the day
JoeMemphis

Re: "Will traitor trump be indicted?" thread...

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:50 pm You also don't get "nuance", do you?

These judges were all presented to Trump by the Federalist Society. They have spent decades grooming judges to overthrow cases like Roe, Loving, Griswold, Lawrence and lately, Obergefell. They put nothing but ideologues on the court whose top mission is to overturn these cases. In that, they join Alito and Thomas.

With me so far?

But Trump himself is a different matter. You KNOW that Trump, being the way he was, demanded of these judges that they support Trump in anything that comes before the Court. And, they had to lie to him and promise fealty to him.

Now, after Jan 6th, they are all running as far away from Trump as they can. They will forever be known as the Trump appointees, and that's a stink they can't get off.

But they don't want an asterisk next to their name in history, and none of them seem to be interested in backing Trump's criminality and insurrections. They've consistently voted AGAINST Trump every time his criminal record has come up.

So yes, when it comes to overturning decades of decided law, Thomas DOES speak for them. But Alito, Thomas and his wife Ginny seem to be the ONLY Trump sycophants on the Court.

But then, you're not interested in anything but personal points against me, so you will run away now that you've been knocked down.
Like everything else nothing but pure speculation on your part. And if it doesn’t pan out as you say you will make some lame excuse and go on to the next conspiracy theory based on nothing but pure speculation.

Here’s some speculation on my part. Those judges on SCOTUS on both sides have a little more respect for the rule of law and a little more respect and love of country than you give them credit.

Now that’s just speculation but I’ll bet it’s way closer to the mark. Not everybody is the ideologue you are or you believe them to be.
gounion

Re: "Will traitor trump be indicted?" thread...

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:25 am Like everything else nothing but pure speculation on your part. And if it doesn’t pan out as you say you will make some lame excuse and go on to the next conspiracy theory based on nothing but pure speculation.
No, speculation based upon how they are ruling. Like yesterday, when they said that Congress could have Trump's tax returns. While I'm sure that Thomas and Alito would have said no, the three Trump-appointed judges again rule against Trump. I don't recall once that they HAVE voted to uphold Trump's criminal actions. The only ones that have are Alito and Thomas. But when it comes to the GOP wish list of cases to overturn, the five vote as a block.
Here’s some speculation on my part. Those judges on SCOTUS on both sides have a little more respect for the rule of law and a little more respect and love of country than you give them credit.

Now that’s just speculation but I’ll bet it’s way closer to the mark. Not everybody is the ideologue you are or you believe them to be.
Oh? So you believe that Clarence Thomas, whose wife was involved with President Trump and the attempts to overturn the election, shouldn't be recusing himself from cases involving his wife? Really?