S. 4926: Respect for Child Survivors Act

News and events of the day
gounion

S. 4926: Respect for Child Survivors Act

Post by gounion »

Why are we not surprised? https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-ch ... ct-1768981
bipartisan bill was introduced to U.S. Representatives on Wednesday regarding the welfare of child sex abuse victims. Here is the list of Republicans that voted against it.

The bill, entitled Respect for Child Survivors Act, was led by Republican Texas Senator John Cornyn and co-sponsored by Democrat Delaware Senator Chris Coons, Republican South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham and Democrat Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar.

The motion was passed with a total of 385 votes in favor of the bill. This included 215 Democrats and 170 Republicans. There were 18 Representatives who did not vote on the bill.

There were 28 Republicans who voted against the bill. Their names have begun to circulate on social media.
Those included the worst of the worst, including Gosar, MTG and of course Ralph Norman. Wonder if Glenn’s proud.

I mean, the goddamned bill was written by Cruz and Graham, what could these assholes be against?
Number6

Re: S. 4926: Respect for Child Survivors Act

Post by Number6 »

It makes me wonder if the 18 republicans who voted against it are the "groomers" they and their conservative supporters keep complaining about? I'm surprised Gym Jordan's name isn't included with the "Groomer 18."
When you vote left, you vote right.
gounion

Re: S. 4926: Respect for Child Survivors Act

Post by gounion »

Number6 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:02 pm It makes me wonder if the 18 republicans who voted against it are the "groomers" they and their conservative supporters keep complaining about? I'm surprised Gym Jordan's name isn't included with the "Groomer 18."
Just another thread the cons will ignore. They don't REALLY give a fuck about children that have been molested. They're just pawns, like the children the cons dropped off in DC with only t-shirts on in 15 degree weather.