Elise Stefanik Promised Trump That House GOP Would Handle Alvin Bragg - Ring of Fire

News and events of the day
Libertas

Elise Stefanik Promised Trump That House GOP Would Handle Alvin Bragg - Ring of Fire

Post by Libertas »

Wow you are all such fucking traitors
from du

CNN is reporting that Republican Representative Elise Stefanik has been serving as the intermediary between House Republicans and Donald Trump, even going as far as to assure him that the House will do everything they can to deal with Alvin Bragg and his investigation. The fact that these lines of communication are happening at all is mind-blowing, but the fact that Republicans are refusing to do actual work so that they can protect Trump should be enough to drive people to the streets in protest. Ring of Fire's Farron Cousins discusses this issue.

=================

*This transcript was generated by a third-party transcription software company, so please excuse any typos.

According to a new report from CNN n this week, house Republicans have basically set up a back channel to Donald Trump to funnel him information about everything Republicans are doing in the House of Representatives. And Elise Stefanik has emerged as pretty much the point person that goes and runs to Trump every time they have a hearing in the house or every time they launch a new investigation. And most recently, CNN says, Stefanik personally assured Donald Trump that, uh, they would offer her, the Republican caucus would offer an aggressive response to Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's potential indictment of him. So Stefanik is not only feeding Donald Trump information about everything that's happening, which by the way could include information that Donald Trump should not know, but she also went and made a promise that, Hey, don't worry, we're gonna handle Alvin Bragg for you, even though that's out of their jurisdiction, even though that's not their job, even though Bragg has not done a single thing wrong, that is what she allegedly promised him.

Now, the funneling of the information, right, just the regular information, not the Alvin Bragg stuff, there's probably nothing technically wrong with that. Legally speaking, Donald Trump as the former president, does still have a security clearance. So even if they are feeding him classified information that he's not supposed to have, it's probably not illegal because he still has the clearance. However, the promising that we are going to abuse our power in the House of Representatives to make this prosecutor that's going after you pay, I, I think Stefanik should be removed from office for that. I know she won't be, but this is 100% in abuse of power, and this is collusion with the former president to abuse that power. This is the kind of thing that Merrick Garland needs to stand up and be like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Now you're, you're treading into my territory. Now where I have jurisdiction over this, I absolutely firmly believe that, uh, uh, Merrick Garland should go ahead and appoint a special prosecutor now to look into these House Republicans and their efforts to intimidate and punish an independent, uh, uh, uh, district attorney, just because he's investigating Donald Trump. This is illegal. This is an abuse of power, which is illegal in the United States. I know it doesn't ever get punished, but it's technically illegal based on our laws.

And here we have this report from CNN

Of all places saying, this is what happened. Stefanik made these promises. They're assuring Donald Trump that they're gonna take down Alvin Bragg before Bragg can take down Trump. If that's not an abuse of power that deserves to be prosecuted, then I don't know what is.

https://youtu.be/W28Rxhafdc4
I sigh in your general direction.