The REAL reason there is a labor shortage!

News and events of the day
gounion

The REAL reason there is a labor shortage!

Post by gounion »

It's easy to see. Two and half million people that weren't planning to retire DID retire during COVID. They won't be coming back to the workplace. Couple that with increased policing of companies employing undocumented workers, and we see what's going on.

Most of the retired workers weren't working minimum-wage jobs, and so as the jobs came back, lower-wage workers rose in the ranks to replace the retirees. My workplace has been hiring and promoting like crazy.

So there's fewer people to take minimum-wage jobs.
Libertas

Re: The REAL reason there is a labor shortage!

Post by Libertas »

Like the real reason gas prices are up is because demand is up and OPEC has a friend, a violent fascist friend in Trump and they want him back in power.
I sigh in your general direction.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

The labor shortage is, for the most part, essentially a shortage of workers desperate enough to work hard jobs for artificially low wages below the price point set by the open market. The odd thing is that I thought conservatives liked it when markets determined prices.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:48 pm The labor shortage is, for the most part, essentially a shortage of workers desperate enough to work hard jobs for artificially low wages below the price point set by the open market. The odd thing is that I thought conservatives liked it when markets determined prices.
:lol:
I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Post by gounion »