All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:38 am 
Board Emeritus

Mysterious loud booms are being heard around the world and no one knows why

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/clima ... -knows-why

Quote:
Something very strange is going on, and it seems to be happening all around our planet. Reports continue to emerge of booming sounds of mysterious origin echoing from the sky, from Colorado and Alabama to the Middle East, United Kingdom and Australia, according to News Corp Australia.

The sounds, understandably startling for those who hear them, are certainly not the voices of gods, although their source has thus far defied scientific explanation as well.

A recent example occurred in Alabama, when a thunderous noise shook houses and frightened residents on Nov. 20. Not long after, explosion-like sounds were also heard in Colorado, although officials now believe that the Colorado clamor was unrelated to the worldwide phenomenon, likely caused by oil and gas extraction.

There's a lot more woo woo speculation about the cause(s) at the link.

I know what causes most of them. :|

I've been hearing them for years around here. And I heard them when I lived in Montana as well. Mostly they happen in the middle of the night. They wake me up.

I heard a loud one today at about three AM. another one on October 11th at about four AM, one on September 30th at about one AM, and another real loud on one on September 25th at about three AM.

In the middle of the night I hear a loud boom and feel the Earth shake. The next morning when I wake up, (again), I look to see where the earthquake was, when in the middle of the night it was, and how big and how deep it was.

I always find the loud booms I hear recorded at: https://earthquaketrack.com/

Here they are:

Today, a 2.1 magnitude, 4 km depth
Planada, California.

October 11th, 2.1 magnitude, 11 km depth
Mariposa, California.

September 30th, a 2.2 magnitude, 25 km depth
Midpines, California.

September 25th, a 2.4 magnitude, 4 km depth
Tuolumne City, California.

The shallow ones are the loudest.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:25 am 
Board Emeritus

Dangnation, looks like Donnie has been going to Taco Bell again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:04 am 
Board Emeritus

It was about 10 years ago we experienced them in my small town here in Maine. Nothing since, but it sounds like an explosion and the house shakes slightly. That was the first time. The second time I was out walking maybe a day or two later and heard it again. I looked around, nobody else was in sight and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

I've heard one or two that can't be explained by earthquakes or sonic booms. Sometimes the atmosphere can duct sound from thunder or whatever, and do weird things with it, but I have no idea if that's what's happening.

Apparently the boom from Krakatoa blowing up circled the globe several times.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:42 pm 

common sense that the fracking may be what's causing the earthquakes?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fracking can cause earthquakes, or at least the high-pressure waste water injection can. This was proven in Oklahoma.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:46 pm 

Fracking can cause earthquakes, or at least the high-pressure waste water injection can. This was proven in Oklahoma.

:rw) so long and thanks for all the fish right?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Human-caused earthquakes are a new idea, and a very interesting one. It's a bit scary, yes. They say the Salton Sea might have soaked into the ground to the point where it can set off several hundred miles of the San Andreas Fault. If that happens, most of SoCal is toast.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

i did also see the Ogallala aquifer can be replenished, that rains can eventually soak down in
which is a surprize to me since i thot it was totally locked and finite at empty. non-replenishable.
however...it would take about 1000years for rains of any kind to soak down into the aquifer
and make any difference. this aquifer which is not a big hole, instead it has numerous depths, high and
low areas and presently both TX and KS are shit the fuck out of luck on the Ogallala. Nebraska still has some holes
filled with water more on the surface than deep.

1000 years...so by the time the pines return to forests the ogallala aquifer will have water again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Then there are the mysterious low-frequency hums that get reported all over the place. Taos NM has a real good one, but given the amount of weed that some people smoke up there, I would imagine they hear lots of things. All I ever heard in Taos was distant thunder. Unless it's gotten too big, mostly what you noticed was the stars at night. That could practically get you high right there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

maybe they are groper seeking booms.

good lord have you read what this oaf eats EVERY DAY?....2bigmacs 2fishsands fries shake.
what they dont say is How Many Times a day he ingests this. this is one order.
he has some place...the plane the office, someplace that Is Packed with the shit he eats. :shock:
kfc macs few other shitty places. HE EATS THIS SHIT EVERY DAY.

he doesnt eat the kitchens food. he eats shit instead.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, the new Lewandowski book claims he and his campaign ate regularly at McDonald's.

The craziest thing is he can easily freaking afford to eat those $36 burgers at Manhattan Chez Douchebag ... why do they eat fast food?

The prez would regularly eat 2 Big Macs, 2 Fillet-o-Fish, and a Malted Milkshake at one sitting. Elvis be damned, I was joking above, but I hope they used their fumigation equipment at Trump Tower.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:16 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, the new Lewandowski book claims he and his campaign ate regularly at McDonald's.

The craziest thing is he can easily freaking afford to eat those $36 burgers at Manhattan Chez Douchebag ... why do they eat fast food?

The prez would regularly eat 2 Big Macs, 2 Fillet-o-Fish, and a Malted Milkshake at one sitting. Elvis be damned, I was joking above, but I hope they used their fumigation equipment at Trump Tower.

Pretty simple. Because those hamburgers suck. Look, I did a two-week cruise several years ago. We ate at the fancy places on ship all through the cruise. Only place I could get a burger was at the pool, and they all sucked. When I got home, the first places my wife and I wanted to go was to Wendy's and to get a pizza!

Of course, because of those years of eating habits, I can no longer eat any of it. My diet has changed - for the better. I found new foods to eat and don't miss them much at all.

But it does surprise me that a man raised rich has food habits of the commoners.