RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Lefties keep spouting that the Democratic Party is either now or was "for the people". Well that got me to thinking who was the last President who belonged to the Democratic Party that qualified as being for the people.

Obama...nope he tried his best to pass the TPP. Maybe with Obama we should add the caveat for the American people. As the TPP would have been great for people in third world nations not so much for us.

Clinton....nope signed both NAFTA and the defense of marriage act.

Carter....nope even if you ignore how bad the economy was with Carters double digit inflation-interest rates and unemployment. You cant ignore that it was under Carter that the era of deregulation began.

LBJ....or....JFK....I am not sure as I was to young to know but maybe. LBJ did start the great society and while it has been an abject failure at least he did try. But, then if you factor in all the young men LBJ sent off to die in Vietnam.....nope.

Which leads us to JFK. Who was gunned down before he had a real chance at so much. But, many good things did start under his leadership and had he not been killed I believe that both Vietnam and Cuba would have been handled differently.

So lets give it up for JFK the last President from the Democratic Party who was "for the people". Just a short 55 years ago. Yes sir one thing about the Democratic Party is that they are "for the people". Don't believe it, just ask any Democrat.

Last edited by glenfs on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 am 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:arrow: What's a "Democrat President"? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:34 am 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: What's a "Democrat President"? :roll:

A Democrat President would be a President who is a member of the Democratic Party.

While I am not very good with grammar. I believe I worded that correctly. Now if I were going to use the word Democratic in the title I believe it would have to be worded, who was the last Democratic Party President who was for the people or words to that effect. Unfortunately there isn't enough space for a title that long.

Again I could be wrong but, don't believe I am. After all you wouldn't say you were a Democratic you would say you are a Democrat when referring to your party membership.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:05 am 
Policy Wonk

Ignore glen, he ain't worth the time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

A "Democrat president" is a RAT, linguistically. It's another attempt by the right to knowingly and calculatedly hijack the language in order to control the dialog. People who actually have a chance of independent thought fall for it, and don't think independently.

The whole "Democrat Party" thing is a litmus test for me. I see it, and I know it's time to disregard anything the RAT person is saying at that particular time. Were they to say "Democratic," I'd be more inclined to take them seriously. Their loss.

LBJ was the last one that actually walked the talk, and he hung himself politically with his unpopular war. JFK was fine on the one-time Democratic ideological core, but that's probably one of the reasons he got shot. Truman, dunno, probably fine, and since there was an actual real war declared by Congress and everything, I'm willing to cut him a fair amount of slack on the nuclear bomb. He couldn't follow FDR's act, though, when the war ended.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

A Democrat President would be a President who is a member of the Democratic Party.

While I am not very good with grammar. I believe I worded that correctly. Now if I were going to use the word Democratic in the title I believe it would have to be worded, who was the last Democratic Party President who was for the people or words to that effect. Unfortunately there isn't enough space for a title that long.

Again I could be wrong but, don't believe I am. After all you wouldn't say you were a Democratic you would say you are a Democrat when referring to your party membership.

glen, you aren't stupid but don't try to play innocent with us. You know perfectly well republicans purposely shorten the name "Democratic" to to Democrat" make it a derogatory term. Calling a person a "Democrat President," a "Democrat Senator," or referring to the Democratic Party as the "Democratic Party" is insulting and your title of this thread is insulting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

The only reason I tolerate you is you dont play these games.

I call republicans names because they deserve it.

I know tolerate is kind of rough, but you are a republican, right?

And it is a fact the republican agenda today is to cause death and destruction, therefore...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

The only reason I tolerate you is you dont play these games.

I call republicans names because they deserve it.

I know tolerate is kind of rough, but you are a republican, right?

And it is a fact the republican agenda today is to cause death and destruction, therefore...

Besides, they started it. I realize that answer would get me a "but you finished it" from my elementary school teachers, followed by sitting on the bench for the rest of the recess. Still... they did... now they're fair game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Besides, they started it. I realize that answer would get me a "but you finished it" from my elementary school teachers, followed by sitting on the bench for the rest of the recess. Still... they did... now they're fair game.

No, it is because they are the terrible things I call them, and worse. Dont believe me? What more would it take?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

They do a lot of nasty shit, no argument there. Then they say we're doing it, so no one will notice that they are.

Still, each to their own. I prefer to stay away from buzzwords when preaching to the converted. You have noticed, I'm sure, that when I think what they're calling a horse is really a pregnant yak, I let them know. And yes, when words like "military attack," "psyop," and such are justified by the evidence, I let them fly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:15 pm 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut

:arrow: It's the Democratic Party, glen, and you already knew that. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is what glen does. He starts a thread and then when it's clear that he's been exposed for the fool he is...he abandons his thread forever. I've tried pretty hard for as long as I could stomach it to differentiate between glen and the likes of the kernel and the scoutster. But glen has gone around the bend. He's become a virtual clone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:30 pm 
Policy Wonk

This is what glen does. He starts a thread and then when it's clear that he's been exposed for the fool he is...he abandons his thread forever. I've tried pretty hard for as long as I could stomach it to differentiate between glen and the likes of the kernel and the scoutster. But glen has gone around the bend. He's become a virtual clone.

glen totally lost it after his Draft Dodging Hero Romney lost in 2012. glen was absolutely sure that Mitt Witt was going to win. It really hurt when Romney lost the South Carolina Primary.

glen kept posting threads about "President Romney". After Mitty lost, glen went around the bend.

Yes, glen is very at doing the Run, Dodge and Jump (Run in with thread of dubious belief, Dodge the questions thrown at him about the dubious information in the thread and then he runs away as fast as his little feet can carry him).

glen is under deluded belief there is a Republican in the White House. But glen would prefer be deluded and lied to.....it keeps him happy.

Last edited by marindem on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:08 pm 
Policy Wonk

For which people?

I'm sure many here would argue Trump is the current and most recent President for white people.

And Barack was the the First and most recent President for gay people.

Apparently, Obama was also the First and most recent President for Jewish people...

Then, of course, there was Bill, who was the First President for black people...

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

:D

In all seriousness, if you're asking who was the last President (D or R) one could say made a concerted effort to represent all Americans, well, that's a tough one. We've been very polarized for a looooooong time...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well I see I hit a nerve here. As so many attacked me personally, once again ignoring the rules of the board and also went after perfectly correct wording. There was nothing insulting in the title of this thread. Finally any of you who whined about the title while at the same time have all sorts of names for the Republican Party are nothing more than Liberal Hypocrites.

Libertas is the only person who demonstrated they are not a hypocrite.

Finally this thread is 100% spot on as only one person could point out whom they believed was the last President from the Democratic Party who was for the people. That person said LBJ. Something I dispute because of the Vietnam War.

Also if I wanted to insult members of the Democratic Party I certainly would be more creative than simply using the word Democrat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

Glen.

The word "democrat" is a noun, and "democratic," is an adjective. Do you say "the last Republic President?" No, so please, don't pretend to be ignorant.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen.

The word "democrat" is a noun, and "democratic," is an adjective. Do you say "the last Republic President?" No, so please, don't pretend to be ignorant.

Hey I do not know grammar even on a third grade level. So if you say democratic is the correct wordage I will take your word and change it.

The title was not meant in any way to be insulting. However I truly don't understand how people who use the words we read here as opposed to Republican or GOP can claim to be offended when the word democrat gets used in the context in which I used it in the title.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

I had to use Prez to make it fit lest any of you are in someway offended.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

Hey I do not know grammar even on a third grade level. So if you say democratic is the correct wordage I will take your word and change it.

The title was not meant in any way to be insulting. However I truly don't understand how people who use the words we read here as opposed to Republican or GOP can claim to be offended when the word democrat gets used in the context in which I used it in the title.

I don't think you were trying to be insulting either, but regardless of your claim to ignorance of grammar (actually usage) with all the complaints about Republicans using "democrat" wrongly in the last ten years, I would think that it'd sink in by now; if only via osmosis.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 pm 
Policy Wonk

Glen.

In glen's case he is not pretending.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:20 am 
Board Emeritus

Glen, a couple of years ago you claimed you suffer from dyslexia after people starting calling you out on your post then magically your posts dramatically improved. Now you claim having the grammar not even at the third grade level but your posts disprove that. Quit trying to con us because we know when your lying.

As for your title of this thread not meant to be insulting, that's a truckload of BS that you're unable to deliver.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:28 am 
Board Emeritus

Paul Manafort
Carter Page
Michael Flynn
Roger Stone
Jeff Secessionism
Stephen Miller
Sebastian Gorka
Betsy DeVos
Erik Prince
Alex Jones
Roger Ailes

State Department ad copy for Mar-A-Lago

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:38 am 
Board Emeritus

It depends on your yardstick.

Do they claim to be a populist and outsider? Almost every politician does. It's the thing, now.
It depends on how you define populism. Funny thing, Trump campaigned on alt-right right-populism, but may be shedding it for a more mainstream position. Still, his incompetence and corruption aren't going away.
Carter certainly is one many folks consider left populist. But yeah - he wasn't perfect (for the left, I mean) - that's why Ted Kennedy ran against him in 1980. Among other things, he supported the MX Missile program, and yes, some deregulation.

Populism is a strange and problematic thing to define. What is for the people? Some folks claim tax cuts for the uber wealthy benefit the masses. (I think they're lying, but still.)

Until one answers that question, the OP question can't be answered. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:04 am 
Policy Wonk

Jeff Secessionism

Carmen, you just plain rock.

You Go Girl, It Ain't Man's World.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bomb NK to take attention off of espionage charges.

Will happen soon, watch.