RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Today I had a shipper put the wrong load on my trailer. The person in charge said it was because I gave them the wrong BOL number. It was an 8 digit number and they weren't talking about the last digit. It would be mathematically impossible to give a shipper an 8 digit number that corresponded with one of their load numbers.

Unless it was the first or last digit which was wrong. The person at that shipper must be prone to errors and in jeopardy of losing their job. As they went so far as to call my dispatcher to complain about my "mistake". Not knowing that I dispatch myself and own the truck.

Once they learned that lie wouldn't fly they lied again by claiming the company I get my freight from gave two trucks the same load. Which cant happen because we dispatch ourselves and the computer is set up so once I buy a load that load becomes frozen and nobody else can touch it.

Had there been a computer glitch that allowed such a thing to happen, there would have been thousands of loads double bought instead of just one.

My favorite thing in the whole ordeal was the more upset that person became the calmer I got. The more insulting they came the politer I became. It was driving them nuts and in the end resulted in me winning the argument and the day.