RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:18 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah she turned out to be pretty cool, and interesting. Same for his son Jamie, who is a big name in liberal Evangelicalism, a real Amen Corner type. Their daughter stays out of the public eye, entirely. Who tf can blame her.

Bakker is only interested in how much money he can separate from the fools that call or watch his shtick. Nothing more, nothing less. Previously he was basically apolitical iirc and he just grifted like the other televangelists depending on their particular stripes. Now he sees politics helps move his dollar needle.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:55 am 
Board Emeritus

What I would give for Jesus to actually exist, show up looking like Wesley Snipes, and that hard fucking SLAP motherfuckers like Bakker would get, oh that would be AWESOME

:rw) Ooo Bird, go get 'em!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Former general Jerry Boykin wishes the pentagon would do something about the gays and their pride parades. It's a "social experiment" and we shouldn't have parades celebrating how people have sex. Pentagon officials aren't "stopping this stuff."

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/jerr ... ide-event/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:06 am 
Board Emeritus

If you think Rick Joyner, Pat Robertson, Bryan Fischer, and Jerry Boykin were insane, get a load of Rick Wiles.

America is in the grips of a deep state ruled by "Luciferians" who celebrate homosexuality and baby killing. Russia broke its grip from Satan and is now doing god's will by their hard line treatment of the LBGT community.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/rick ... satanists/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

If you think Rick Joyner, Pat Robertson, Bryan Fischer, and Jerry Boykin were insane, get a load of Rick Wiles.

America is in the grips of a deep state ruled by "Luciferians" who celebrate homosexuality and baby killing. Russia broke its grip from Satan and is now doing god's will by their hard line treatment of the LBGT community.

Bryan Fischer is probably on Scruff.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:28 am 
Board Emeritus

Bryan Fischer is probably on Scruff.

https://test.queerty.com/bryan-fischer- ... s-20130509

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Someone needs to tell the Levitican that the USSR wasn't' a paradise for gays.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 am 
Board Emeritus

It never ceases to amaze me what grown-ups believe.

Quote:
“Lawlessness is what the devil, Satan, is attempting to create,” Rohrer said, explaining that the “enemies of Christ”—by which he meant globalists, Islam, and the cultural “establishment”—are “all working together” because “they hate God, they hate the Constitution, they despise Jesus Christ, they want to destroy Israel and the United States and they are using chaos and division as their way of creating the circumstances … out of which will come the Antichrist.”

I see a lot of projection here. They are the ones that want to rewrite the constitution and put it in biblical standards (just ask Mike Huckabee), if Jesus came back today, he'd be labeled a hippy and communist, they love Israelites until Jesus demands their submission, and they sow chaos and division with their bullshit about religious freedom.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/sam- ... ntichrist/
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:03 am 
Board Emeritus

they love Israelites until Jesus demands their submission,

Generally, these days, they prefer being called Israelis. ;)

But yeah, one of the key factors in Christian Zionism - Carmen knows about this too - is that many evangelicals saw the founding of Israel in 1948 as part of prophetic events leading to the Second Coming.

... but you're right, it all starts with the Israelis accepting Jesus as their Messiah (*) ... or maybe, at least, we need 144,000.

(*) Though both genealogies in the New Testament showing his supposed descent from King David don't work, AND contradict each other. Incidentally.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:36 am 
Board Emeritus

But yeah, one of the key factors in Christian Zionism - Carmen knows about this too - is that many evangelicals saw the founding of Israel in 1948 as part of prophetic events leading to the Second Coming.

... but you're right, it all starts with the Israelis accepting Jesus as their Messiah (*) ... or maybe, at least, we need 144,000.

(*) Though both genealogies in the New Testament showing his supposed descent from King David don't work, AND contradict each other. Incidentally.

I was using biblical lingo. But yeah, they do expect them all to convert---or burn in hell.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:28 am 
Board Emeritus

lol

dork

cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, one knows about the alleged genealogies. As for the Apocalypse of John, is it 144,000 total meaning 12,000 from each tribe or 144,000 from each tribe? Inquiring minds want to know. One wonders what John of Patmos was smoking/ingesting or maybe simply engaging in extreme ascetic behavior triggering hallucinations and visions. According to Ehrman and others there was much discussion as to whether the Apocalypse should have been included in the NT.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, one knows about the alleged genealogies.

They contradict each other. One attempts to show his descent from King David through Mary .. grand, but the monarchy in Biblical Israel was patrilineal.

The other supposedly shows his descent from King David through Joseph. But the rest of the Gospel says Joseph was not his birth father, only adoptive, and again, the patrilineal descent for the monarchy had to go through your birth father.

I usually start bringing up this point when Christian missionaries start asking me "why don't Jews accept Jesus as the Messiah". This is why I get into my point about why he wasn't. :twisted:

Quote:
As for the Apocalypse of John, is it 144,000 total meaning 12,000 from each tribe or 144,000 from each tribe?

12,000 from each of the 12 tribes are supposed go through one of the 12 gates into the New Jerusalem: 144,000 total. Have I mentioned the Bible is full of numerology?

There is definitely gematria in the text: "666" = Emperor Nero.
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/enc ... /nero.html

It's going on elsewhere in the New Testament. John Michell and Margaret Starbird occasionally get into this. Sacred numbers, hidden words.

Quote:
One wonders what John of Patmos was smoking/ingesting or maybe simply engaging in extreme ascetic behavior triggering hallucinations and visions.

He may have been an absinthe/wormwood drinker. That's one theory, anyway.
http://entheology.com/peoples/revelatio ... ic-vision/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

They contradict each other. One attempts to show his descent from King David through Mary .. grand, but the monarchy in Biblical Israel was patrilineal.

The other supposedly shows his descent from King David through Joseph. But the rest of the Gospel says Joseph was not his birth father, only adoptive, and again, the patrilineal descent for the monarchy had to go through your birth father.

I usually start bringing up this point when Christian missionaries start asking me "why don't Jews accept Jesus as the Messiah". This is why I get into my point about why he wasn't. :twisted:

12,000 from each of the 12 tribes are supposed go through one of the 12 gates into the New Jerusalem: 144,000 total. Have I mentioned the Bible is full of numerology?

There is definitely gematria in the text: "666" = Emperor Nero.
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/enc ... /nero.html

It's going on elsewhere in the New Testament. John Michell and Margaret Starbird occasionally get into this. Sacred numbers, hidden words.

He may have been an absinthe/wormwood drinker. That's one theory, anyway.
http://entheology.com/peoples/revelatio ... ic-vision/

Wormwood, aka absinthe. Well, basically.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 am 
Board Emeritus

This reminds me of the divide between the Sunni's and Shia's. Who is Mohammed's true successor?

Is Jesus a direct descendant of King David? The numbers don't add up.

Religious wars seem to be all about trivia and semantics.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:46 am 
Board Emeritus

lol

dork

:rw) I'm definitely sharing this!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:12 am 
Board Emeritus

Is Jesus a direct descendant of King David? The numbers don't add up.

Literally, because one of those genealogies seems to try and make it look like there were exactly 14 generations between Abraham and David, and 28 generations between David and Jesus.

Mathematically, that doesn't work. Although 14 is a nice sacred numerological number (7x2).

Quote:
Religious wars seem to be all about trivia and semantics.

I'm not into starting any wars, but the point of those genealogies was to convince Jews that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah. "Moshiach" = "anointed," the king descended from David who should be anointed at his coronation.

I'm just saying those genealogies don't work. Heck, long before modern scholarship, people noticed that in the 1st centuries CE.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Literally, because one of those genealogies seems to try and make it look like there were exactly 14 generations between Abraham and David, and 28 generations between David and Jesus.

Mathematically, that doesn't work. Although 14 is a nice sacred numerological number (7x2).

I'm not into starting any wars, but the point of those genealogies was to convince Jews that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah. "Moshiach" = "anointed," the king descended from David who should be anointed at his coronation.

I'm just saying those genealogies don't work. Heck, long before modern scholarship, people noticed that in the 1st centuries CE.
Not to mention the torturous device used to try and place the birth in Bethlehem. No Roman records of any census/tax by Augustus let alone the goofy idea that they would require people to go to their "ancestral home."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:24 am 
Board Emeritus

Lance Wallnau says that angels trickled down gold dust on him during prayers. God is "taking the wheels off of Pharaoh's chariot" that's why Hollywood is going insane. :rw)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lance Wallnau says that angels trickled down gold dust on him during prayers. God is "taking the wheels off of Pharaoh's chariot" that's why Hollywood is going insane. :rw)

One would like some of whatever Lance is smoking.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:30 am 
Board Emeritus

One would like some of whatever Lance is smoking.

It's not what he's smoking, it's what he's drinking. It's called Kool-aid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:00 am 
Board Emeritus

"For anybody still watching CNN, Shame on you! Shame on you! Because you are supporting communism. You are supporting the hashtag of fake news. That is a fact!...You know what needs to be done? President Trump, please, pull CNN's licence! ...that place should be shut down for treason, for espionage, for sedition, you name it."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:04 am 
Board Emeritus

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2017 ... ars/217109

Quote:
ROBERT DAVID STEELE: This may strike your listeners as way out but we actually believe that there is a colony on Mars that is populated by children who were kidnapped and sent into space on a 20 year ride. So that once they get to Mars they have no alternative but to be slaves on the Mars colony. There’s all kinds of --

ALEX JONES (HOST): Look, I know that 90 percent of the NASA missions are secret and I’ve been told by high level NASA engineers that you have no idea, there is so much stuff going on. But then it goes off into all that, that’s the kind of thing media jumps on. But I know this: we see a bunch of mechanical wreckage on Mars and people say, “Oh look, it looks like mechanics.” They go, “Oh, you’re a conspiracy theorist.” Clearly they don’t want us looking into what is happening. Every time probes go over they turn them off.

[...]

JONES: Well I don’t know about Mars bases, but I know they’ve created massive, thousands of different types of chimeras that are alien lifeforms on this earth now.

Go listen to the video at the link. THIS is the weird shit that is Alex Jones.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:22 am 
Board Emeritus

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2017/06/29/alex-jones-guest-children-have-been-kidnapped-and-sent-slave-colony-mars/217109

Go listen to the video at the link. THIS is the weird shit that is Alex Jones.

This individual has WH press credentials.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:29 am 
Board Emeritus

I think I know who's running the Martian slave colony.

Crafty little bastid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next