All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: The FUBAR Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Put 'em here, folks.

I'll start it off.

1. The Progressive Conservative Party (huh?) in Ontario, Canada conducts its party voting in the following manner:

Vote online
Online ballots are printed out
Printed ballots are scanned into an app
App counts votes.

They are very into efficient government. This does not look like an efficient way to count votes.

Post subject: Re: The FUBAR Thread
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:10 am 
Board Emeritus

Put 'em here, folks.

I'll start it off.

1. The Progressive Conservative Party (huh?) in Ontario, Canada conducts its party voting in the following manner:

Vote online
Online ballots are printed out
Printed ballots are scanned into an app
App counts votes.

They are very into efficient government. This does not look like an efficient way to count votes.

You've heard of "rock the vote?" How about Hack the vote?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:17 am 
Board Emeritus

I'd not heard of this guy until my sister sent me an email to an article about Waterville Maine Mayor Nick Isgro.

http://mainebeacon.com/waterville-mayor ... tatements/

Waterville is a big town with shops, opera houses, headquarters for various political parties and candidates, business, firehouses, police stations, bars, dives, diners...you get the idea. I live about 25 miles from it.

Anyway, our current governor Paul LaPage was once mayor of this small city so I have to ask, WTF is wrong with Waterville? It's not like it's a bastion of right wingers sporting MAGA hats, parading the confederate flag, and listening to country music.

This is more proof that nazis are taking over the country. So far, they have taken over a once respectable political party. The republican party is FUBAR.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

i met a older couple from upstate NY, traveling around the west they are.
when i mentioned the ogallala Aquifer he asked 'what is that'...'where is that'?

so i sez to him, you live in this country you eat food grown in this country yet you dont know
where it comes from or how its watered. That, my new friend, is how blinded we are with
on-going daily 'political' distractions.

so then i told him about the largest aquifer in this country and how its going dry.

this couple had Never Heard of this before.
i told him we actually get this kind of news in the west.
then i mentioned the new 'trade warz' beginning under groper and how convenient they
are since the soy crops for one, will be short limited and cost a crapload more meanwhile
the farms are going bankrupt so 'trade war' is just another distraction from factual reality.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh, anyone knows food comes from supermarkets. They make it out back, or something. We don't want to know because the people who do it aren't our kind. Or something.

Americans would have understood the Libya war much better had they been aware that Libya sits over the biggest aquifer in the Sahara, and water is worth more than oil there. The Nooz talked about important gas pipelines, but nothing about the world's largest water project. The Nooz parrots what power wants us to know and not know.

Americans don't know shit. In general, the view that humans evolved from other species becomes more prevalent in a fairly tight relationship with increasing GDP. The plot is very amenable to a linear regression and a curve, with an equation that can predict a very general ballpark estimate for other countries not plotted. There's only one outlier.... the USA. High GDP, low belief in evolution. Amazing. It's this one misplaced dot on an otherwise orderly chart.

One starts to wonder whether the United States is a FUBAR.