Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Twitter reveals big changes to conversations and new camera features

Twitter is teasing some of the biggest changes to its social media service since it first launched in 2006, aiming to make good on the company's promise to promote "healthy conversation."

The company is also introducing new features to enhance pictures and video on the app in an effort to encourage users to make more use of the cameras on their smartphones, a move that adds features similar to those found on the apps of some of its main competition: Instagram and Snapchat.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-med ... es-n982571

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dunno, I tweet screen shots and photos all the time now. Most of what I do on twitter is sharing art. They tell me that Instagram is better for that, and it probably is, but you know who owns that.

AFAIK, twitter has been multimedia for quite some time, with a tweet really being a bundle of related data objects. They've been trumpeting a new user interface in beta for some time now. Seemingly at random, sometimes I'm asked if I want to take it out for a spin. I did once. It'll take some minor getting used to, but it works.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah I had the video rolled out to me this morning. Ha, same morning OG/FB utterly fell flat on its face, which was a shame because I have some deadline-driven stuff to do there.

It’s going to take a bit to top IG/FB, which only thought to do it in order to kill Snapchat. It might just work. We’ll see how TE does with the newer features. And most importantly to Tw, how well it serves up those ads.

Stop calling the cops on us.