Greg Abbott Uses Racist, Dehumanizing Language When Referring To Murder Victims

News and events of the day
Libertas

Greg Abbott Uses Racist, Dehumanizing Language When Referring To Murder Victims

Post by Libertas »

https://www.lonestarleft.com/p/greg-abb ... humanizing

The term "illegal immigrants" is dehumanizing because it reduces individuals to their legal status or lack thereof rather than acknowledging them as human beings with complex identities and experiences. It suggests that their entire existence is inherently unlawful and criminal.
You cant be illegal and a human. Cons are the worst humans alive.
I sigh in your general direction.
Toonces

Re: Greg Abbott Uses Racist, Dehumanizing Language When Referring To Murder Victims

Post by Toonces »

For anyone thinking that the accusation of racism is unfounded, I ask this question.

If the victims were undocumented immigrants from Europe, would he have made mention of the "illegal immigrant' part? Chances are, probably not.

This doesn't necessarily mean Abbott is an overt racist. His intent may be to rile up that particular segment of his base. Still, in doing so he is trying to use racism to his advantage which, let's face it, is racist.

I get it, illegal immigration is an issue but highlighting it is naked bigotry, especially considering that the major of undocumented immigrants are those who've overstayed their visas and did not arrive via the southern border, so if they are far more concerned about those arriving from the south there might just be a racial component to it.
Number6

Re: Greg Abbott Uses Racist, Dehumanizing Language When Referring To Murder Victims

Post by Number6 »

Toonces wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:59 pm For anyone thinking that the accusation of racism is unfounded, I ask this question.

If the victims were undocumented immigrants from Europe, would he have made mention of the "illegal immigrant' part? Chances are, probably not.

This doesn't necessarily mean Abbott is an overt racist. His intent may be to rile up that particular segment of his base. Still, in doing so he is trying to use racism to his advantage which, let's face it, is racist.

I get it, illegal immigration is an issue but highlighting it is naked bigotry, especially considering that the major of undocumented immigrants are those who've overstayed their visas and did not arrive via the southern border, so if they are far more concerned about those arriving from the south there might just be a racial component to it.
If the immigrants are Brown, Black, Asian, or Middle Eastern the term "illegal immigrant" is a racist dog whistle while those from Europe are merely "undocumented immigrants."

When you vote left, you vote right.