It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:24 pm 
Policy Wonk

A good start next up the troll issue.

Twitter today starts enforcing new rules around violence and hate

Twitter today says it will begin to enforce new rules related to how it handles hateful conduct and abusive behavior taking place on its platform. The changes are a part of the company’s broader agenda to craft new policies focused on reducing the amount of abuse, hate speech, violence and harassment.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/18/twitt ... -and-hate/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

I just checked, they haven't gotten around to Trump's account yet.

I suppose it will take a few days. :|

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Gone so far:

EDL
Britian First (whom DJT retweeted a couple weeks ago)
Amren
American Nazi Party
NBPP
Vanguard America
Traditionalist Workers Party

bye

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:08 am 
Policy Wonk

Lawsuits against Little Caesars over halal pizza are dropped after racist threats

Quote:
After receiving racial threats directed at him and his daughter, an Arab-American attorney in Dearborn who filed lawsuits against Little Caesars alleging its halal pizza was fraudulent has dropped the cases.

Majed Moughni, who is Muslim and of Arab descent, said he decided to drop the two remaining lawsuits after receiving threats on social media from a man who sent him an instant message on Facebook on Oct. 26 that read: "You better stop your lawsuit against Little Caesars you" followed by an expletive and a racial slur used against Arabs and blacks.

In addition, the man then posted to his Twitter account a tweet with photos of Moughni and family members, including his daughter, that read: "Muslim lawyer who wants to sue #LittleCaesars for $100,000,000 and his wife's Facebook, daughter goes to" followed by the name of a school she attends, according to screenshots taken by Moughni.

Alarmed, Moughni then notified police and filed motions recently to drop the two lawsuits.

On Dec. 4, Wayne County Circuit Judge Annette Berry agreed to dismiss the lawsuits that had been filed against Little Caesars Pizza on behalf of Muslim customers in metro Detroit. They alleged they were sold pizza with pepperoni advertised as halal that was actually regular pepperoni with pork, a food forbidden in Islam..............

Quote:
........"It identified my family, my 11-year-old daughter and the school she had attended," Moughni said. "Instead of standing up against the injustice, I had to switch gears and do whatever I could to protect my daughter and any students ... even if that meant walking away from the Little Caesars injustice."........

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

What's different this year from last year in Manhattan is that all the food carts seem to have a new pimp. There are a lot more of them, and they all say "Halal food." I wonder if it really is. The nice thing is that so far no one's made a public stink about promoting that dreaded Islam. I suspect, this being Manhattan, they won't either.

Twitter has a long way to go if it wants to restore the status quo ante Russia. It was fun until the middle of last year, and ever since it has lost its soul.