It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Uh huh sure. :roll:

125,000 Disney employees to receive $1,000 cash bonus due to tax reform

Disney announced Tuesday it will pay over 125,000 employees a one-time cash bonus of $1,000, as well as make a new $50 million investment into education program for employees.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/125000- ... ogram.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

...trump univ?
are they hiring mericans who are dumb and needing more education so as to deal with customers at a theme park?

disney, trying to suck the youngins into buying that they help people.

im sure theyre giving out scholarships to UnivFla.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

62,000 people work at Disney World, 23,000 at Disney Land. They say 125,000 employees will get this bonus so it sounds like all employees are getting it. They say 88,000 employees will be eligible for the education benefit, if all of the eligible employees took it, it would be $500 each.

"Disney says the two initiatives will cost $175 million in the current fiscal year."

"Disney is also set to buy many parts of Twenty-First Century Fox for $52.4 billion in stock. The company will get Fox's movie studios, networks Nat Geo and FX, Asian pay-TV operator Star TV, and stakes in Sky, Endemol Shine Group and Hulu, as well as regional sports networks."

:|

$175,000,000 / $52,400,000,000 = 0.00333 That's 3.3% of their reinvestment for this year. Less than that if they buy more companies before the year is up. Less than that anyway because they will have reinvestment's in the companies they already hold.

I got a Christmas bonus once. The only time I ever got a cash bonus. It was at my shortest lifetime all time worst job, a lumber mill operated by scoundrels who preyed upon federal, state, and local community investment funds. They actually were a gang of con men.

I started working for them about half way through November, I got a $200 Christmas bonus check just like everyone else two weeks later. I no longer had that job after January 2nd. Thirty days later they shut down operations and insofar as cash holdings they left town in the middle of the night. Those bonus checks were one of the ways they delayed anyone from setting out after them to get that cash back.

I can imagine what the city fathers said: "They must be innocent, it was just bad luck they couldn't get enough trees to saw, because just before the shut down they handed out bonus checks to everyone."

The sawmill community development investment scam is an old classic. They can dupe the same town two or three times with the same sawmill. Once I was on to it and knew what to look for I realized they have a large gang and they've been fleecing towns all over the west for years. I was there for the second fleecing, different fellows showed up and fleeced that same town again for the third time two years later. Then and only then was the mill sold at auction to the same gang of scoundrels, who disassembled the mill and moved that equipment to some other unsuspecting town.