RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

All of this is true. Smartphones carry as much instrumentation as a spacecraft, and they covertly give up anything possible. We hear a lot about Android, being devised by a spyware company and all that. We don't hear as much about some of the data Apple has been caught with.

One can easily imagine a future in which your health insurance company monitors your physical activity, setting rates accordingly. And where location tracking, accurate down to a few meters, is routinely done by any agency that has authority, and a few that don't.

The only sure way to stop it that I know of is to throw the phone into the nearest body of salt water.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

combine all the personality info FB et al have gathered from willing 'givers' add to that the
stream of DNA info all these outfits have Been Given by, virtually, the same people as on FB
and the new robots will be more human like than the human-like robots around us now.

who needs blood sucking humans when you can have machines that dont poop or use plastic water
bottles. problem is...what do you do with all the robots?
you can send them to space, they can work outside without oxygen! water! food!

on earth they can work for amazon. they chop up the humans remaining, box them and
drone ship them..somewhere. drop the box on the porch.

why would paul ryan want people to have "more babies"...theyre such a bother vs robots.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

combine all the personality info FB et al have gathered from willing 'givers'

Every internet user is a willing giver.

Quote:
add to that the
stream of DNA info all these outfits have Been Given by, virtually, the same people as on FB
and the new robots will be more human like than the human-like robots around us now.

?

Quote:
who needs blood sucking humans when you can have machines that dont poop or use plastic water
bottles. problem is...what do you do with all the robots?
you can send them to space, they can work outside without oxygen! water! food!

on earth they can work for amazon. they chop up the humans remaining, box them and
drone ship them..somewhere. drop the box on the porch.

why would paul ryan want people to have "more babies"...theyre such a bother vs robots.

Yes many a dystopian novel has been written about this.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

All of this is true. Smartphones carry as much instrumentation as a spacecraft, and they covertly give up anything possible. We hear a lot about Android, being devised by a spyware company and all that. We don't hear as much about some of the data Apple has been caught with.

One can easily imagine a future in which your health insurance company monitors your physical activity, setting rates accordingly. And where location tracking, accurate down to a few meters, is routinely done by any agency that has authority, and a few that don't.

The only sure way to stop it that I know of is to throw the phone into the nearest body of salt water.

We should just start calling them trackers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

some guy from lyft on cbs morning last week saying the goal for lyft was to remove cars from the roads.
to get humans out of cars.
make them solely dependent on private co's like lyft for all their transportation needs.

what a suck ass wurld ahead if thats the shit envisioned by the looming corp goons.
it was about the same time i caught a chat on virtual...how wearing that eye thing makes humans puke.
the brain Does Not Tolerate Being Fooled Well at all and forces the human body to VOMIT up the fake shit.
but they were hoping to make that go away so everyone can see the world thru virtual fake eyes.

fooling the brain seems to be in big demand these daze. ive always hoped the brain were smarter than fake reality.
the mantra of 'fake news' from the rw sources of fake news..just another virtual deal. virtual news.
soon you can get all the fake news from your virtual goggles, it wont matter by then if its actual factual or not.
...just sit down and put the fucking goggles on, honey.

Last edited by rainwater on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

some guy from lyft on cbs morning last week saying the goal for lyft was to remove cars from the roads.
to get humans out of cars.
make them solely dependent on private co's like lyft for all their transportation needs.

what a suck ass wurld ahead if thats the shit envisioned by the looming corp goons.
it was about the same time i caught a chat on virtual...how wearing that eye thing makes humans puke.
the brain Does Not Tolerate Being Fooled Well at all and forces the human body to VOMIT up the fake shit.
but they were hoping to make that go away so everyone can see the world thru virtual fake eyes.

fooling the brain seems to be in big demand these daze.

Well, that's all propaganda is. It's been going on in the west since at least the Gutenberg Press and the Holy Office for the Propagation of the Faith (i.e. The Inquisition). So of the complaints about widespread dissemination of communications technology since that time, too.

Quote:
ive always hoped the brain were smarter that fake reality.
the mantra of 'fake news' from the rw sources of fake news..just another virtual deal. virtual news.
soon you can get all the fake news from your virtual goggles, it wont matter by then if its actual factual or not.
...just sit down and put the fucking goggles on, honey.

Are you talking about Oculus?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Has anyone besides me noticed how stupid people look with those VR goggles on? They're looking all over the place at nothing. And yes, the big thing now is trying to figure out a way so they don't make you puke.

They'll get me to wear one of those damn things about when they force me to stop driving and ride around in some corporate right winger's robot pods. As in, over my dead body.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

seems the US is developing a virtual wurld where you can see things but theres nothing to touch.

you can visualize the words of laws and rules you just cant use them anymore.
you can read about trees you just cant find one to touch.
you can visualize green open space you just cant find any.

between FB and sinclair...every day is becoming virtual. made up shit.

they can get away with this becuz humans are bored. theyve seen it all done it all eaten it all.
most anything can move in when the human population is bored.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, that's all propaganda is. It's been going on in the west since at least the Gutenberg Press and the Holy Office for the Propagation of the Faith (i.e. The Inquisition). So of the complaints about widespread dissemination of communications technology since that time, too.

Are you talking about Oculus?

never heard of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

never heard of it.

Then you should look it up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

seems the US is developing a virtual wurld where you can see things but theres nothing to touch.

you can visualize the words of laws and rules you just cant use them anymore.
you can read about trees you just cant find one to touch.
you can visualize green open space you just cant find any.

between FB and sinclair...every day is becoming virtual. made up shit.

they can get away with this becuz humans are bored. theyve seen it all done it all eaten it all.
most anything can move in when the human population is bored.

You are operating in the virtual world by participating in this message board. None of us are immune, or innocent.

We all use computers with cobalt components derived from present-day slave labor.

The virtual world is every bit as real as the so-called real world. It's just online. It's not made up. If it were, we would not be talking about it -- on a message board, of all places.

Every internet user is playing a part in developing this virtual world...it's been going on since the early 90s.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Has anyone besides me noticed how stupid people look with those VR goggles on? They're looking all over the place at nothing. And yes, the big thing now is trying to figure out a way so they don't make you puke.

They'll get me to wear one of those damn things about when they force me to stop driving and ride around in some corporate right winger's robot pods. As in, over my dead body.

I noticed they kind of look like sexy cat ears when they're worn on the top of the head:

Which probably saves Gotham a lot of fake ear makeup stuff, fuss and bother.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

I noticed they kind of look like sexy cat ears when they're worn on the top of the head:

Which probably saves Gotham a lot of fake ear makeup stuff, fuss and bother.

You see that picture and you think of sex. Really?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

You see that picture and you think of sex. Really?

I said they look sexy. I didn't say I thought of sex.

In this context sexy means interesting or trendy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Then you should look it up.

you could have said what its about.
why should i look it up?...i dont just type shit in the search. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Facebook Admits to Scanning Private Messages, Releases Privacy Policy Updates

Facebook is scanning private messages its users are sending to each other over Facebook Messenger, the company admitted in response to a Bloomberg story Wednesday. Separately, the company also announced updates to its privacy policies with simpler explanations on the types of data it gathers.

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/fa ... 202743819/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

All 2 billion ppl. Well, those that never took their phone numbers out of their personal profiles.

Facebook: ‘Malicious actors’ used its tools to discover identities and collect data on a massive global scale - WP

Quote:
Facebook said Wednesday that “malicious actors” took advantage of search tools on its platform, making it possible for them to discover the identities and collect information on most of its 2 billion users worldwide.

The revelation came amid rising acknowledgement by Facebook about its struggles to control the data it gathers on users. Among the announcements Wednesday was that Cambridge Analytica, a political consultancy hired by President Trump and other Republicans, had improperly gathered detailed Facebook information on 87 million people, of whom 71 million were Americans.

But the abuse of Facebook’s search tools -- now disabled -- happened far more broadly and over the course of several years, with few Facebook users likely escaping the scam, company officials acknowledged.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:47 am 
Board Emeritus

when this lil FB punk in his tshirt speaks he reminds me immediately of prezgroper. they run the same plays.
gosh we really didnt see this coming, not to worry, we'll take care of it.

is this the nouveau riche speak humanity must now content with?
its the same tactic: “People will just believe you. You just tell them and they believe you,”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Facebook rolls out $40K user data abuse bounty ahead of Zuckerberg's Congressional testimony

Ahead of Mark Zuckerberg’s Senate testimony today, Facebook has rolled out a number of product updates — including a bounty hunting program of up to $40,000 for user data violations — meant to address (and blunt) the criticism he’s likely to face.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/10/faceb ... testimony/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

so, if FB 'doesnt use' its joiners info to solicit money from advertisers...where does FB get
the "billions" of worth it and DOW claim?

where does the money come from?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

someone asked this weenie something about the alexa(diff name) machines if they Also Share
the info they HEAR and of course are asked...and boy he got slippery.
i Gathered Then that all these lil machines offering total laziness to humans gather and then Also
Share...Pool...alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the info they pick up.

you know....like having a Live Mic in your home desk pocket bathroom bedroom car Etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

where does the money come from?

Same revenue stream as from people who watch "free" (i.e. over the airwaves/aerials broadcast) TV, (which is people without satellite, cable, ... or broadband) ... advertising.

People with Facebook pages aren't paying Facebook, but people who write apps that Facebook hosts for them, also pay Facebook.

Google also offers consumers a lot of stuff that's free, including search, gmail, youtube, etc. ... but their main revenue stream comes from those guys whose pages always seem to be on top of everything else you see below as a search result. They pay for placement, that they always appear on top/first.

Google makes a lot of money from businesses who pay to make sure your eyeballs hit them first, when you search for something.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

i guess i set my net shit up pretty well since i just dont get all this ad shit.
i get spams from one place only. well, 98% of them are from twitter.

i dont use google.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:42 am 
Board Emeritus

Worthy read.

Congress grilled Mark Zuckerberg, but lawmakers really should look in the mirror - WP, opinion

Quote:
How did this happen? Because, like the relationship of Stanford to Silicon Valley, NIH — headquartered in Bethesda, Md. — forged a close relationship with the nearby Johns Hopkins University and its privately funded Applied Physics Lab — the mission of which is to “provide solutions to national security and scientific challenges with systems engineering and integration, research and development, and analysis.” So, it was easy for biomedical researchers to share data with nonmedical computer scientists.

Indeed, it seemed important to do so. Such collaborations offered the potential of using new computing technology to help predict the onset of debilitating and expensive conditions such as diabetes. Maybe more importantly, NIH was legally required to do so free since the data was collected by the federal government, with taxpayer dollars.

Public-health officials saw the Gila River Indian Community as a natural laboratory to experiment not just with solutions for diabetes, but with personal information. The medical information collected from their bodies — information about number of pregnancies, blood pressure, weight — became a valuable resource for improving and even defining general knowledge about the disease. In the process, however, it was translated into digital form that would enable it to be reused for knowledge projects unrelated to diabetes or even biomedicine.

As a result, before it was made unavailable to the public last fall for “permissions restrictions,” the “Pima Indian Diabetes Data Set” was cited nearly 100,000 times for uses that ranged from predicting when fires might erupt in New York City’s underground power grid to teaching students in introductory computer science classes how algorithms work. The problem: Akimel O’Odham had no idea that information about their intimate bodily experiences was helping others make money and fuel entire new industries. To make matters worse, they saw no improvements to their health and continue to struggle to find the resources to heal themselves.

The case of the Pima Indians diabetes data set is just one among hundreds, if not thousands, of examples of how citizens who put their trust in state-sponsored institutions were also unknowingly supporting the growth of industries they have come to fear. The experience of Akimel O’Ohdam is especially egregious because this community was first dispossessed of their land and then of their personal information. They are pathfinders for the health, and perhaps wealth, of others.

More in link

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:50 am 
Board Emeritus

How interesting.

Squire Patton Boggs cuts ties with Trump's personal lawyer after FBI office raid

Quote:
Cohen, a longstanding personal lawyer to the president, formed a strategic alliance with Squire Patton Boggs in April last year. Details of the business partnership between were sparse; however, the US firm announced that Cohen would help “advance the interests” of the firm’s clients and work with its notable lineup of lobbyists.

As recently as 15 February, the firm indicated to Legal Week sister title The National Law Journal that its strategic alliance with Cohen was still in place. As of Monday afternoon, the firm’s press release trumpeting the partnership last year was no longer visible on the firm’s website. The firm did not answer questions about exactly when its alliance with Cohen finally ended, or whether Monday’s FBI raid took place at the firm’s offices.

FBI officials reportedly swarmed Cohen’s offices at Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan, as well as a hotel where Cohen was staying. Squire Patton Boggs – which is also currently advising Cambridge Analytica on the investigation into its use of Facebook data for the Trump election campaign – is one of several law firms with offices at Rockefeller Center.

According to the statement by Cohen’s own lawyer, McDermott Will & Emery partner Stephen Ryan, the FBI seized privileged communications between Cohen and “his clients” on behalf of the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, Ryan said. The move was taken, in part, through a referral by the Office of Special Counsel, Robert Mueller, according to Ryan.