Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Microsoft Edge is undoubtedly an improvement over Internet Explorer, but a vast majority of Windows 10 users prefer Chrome and Firefox. In fact, nearly 60% of the worldwide market uses Chrome (according to StatCounter), which has to be the reason why Microsoft is resorting to questionable methods in order to convince Windows 10 users to stick with Edge rather than switch to another browser, such as Firefox or Google Chrome.

With just a few weeks left to go until Microsoft is ready to roll out its Windows 10 October 2018 Update, a few testers have reported seeing a new warning prompt when they try to involve a third-party web browser, stating: “You already have Microsoft Edge – the safer, faster browser for Windows 10.”

They’re then given two options: “Open Microsoft Edge” or “Install anyway.” Windows 10 also gives users the ability to disable the prompt altogether, but if any technologically illiterate individual sees a window pop up informing them that the software they are about to install is “unsafe,” chances are they will heed that warning.

The good news is that The Verge has learned from sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans that the warning message will not be included in the final version of the October 2018 Update. That’s not to say that it will never be added, but at least for the time being, we don’t have to worry about our parents calling us to tell us that they tried to install Firefox and are now convinced that their computer has an incurable virus.
Yahoo News

I noticed, for awhile, Edge would come up when my computer came on but it's not doing that anymore. I think I figured out after that happened how to correct it (but I don't remember how I did it) and now I have no browsers automatically opening. I have to click on Firefox to open it and I use Chrome only when I need to use Google Earth.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Haha, good luck with that, Microsoft

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have 10 on laptop, do I even have EDGE on there? I use chrome and dont even know if I do where it is.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:19 pm 

I like Firefox, but I do get frustrated with it. It starts running slow after awhile and I have to refresh it. I used Edge earlier this week when I was having issues with Firefox and it does fine after a bit of getting used to it. I don't have any problem with using Microsoft products. I mean, Google is such a monster monopoly now, Edge and the Bing search engine feel like the underdogs to me.