Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: ATT...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

ATT has The WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ive ever encountered anywhere in this 'us'.

had to get a new wifi mobile unit and for the second time they fucked the account up.
wrong category of pre paid vs post paid or, so one of the 14 voices on the phone said.
so, by #7 voice they said ah, now i see and they fixed it BUT we're going to send me a
new SIM card.
i wasnt sure why but sure go ahead and replace the one that comes in this new unit.

after SIX FUCKING HOURS of calls and calling back to each New number they gave me over
and over...i get an email about the card being shipped.
except...they didnt ship to a COMPLETE ADDRESS.

back on the phone for the 6th of 6hours and four different number calls later and they say
they cant find my account.
that happened most of these calls...no one can find ANY info you give them.
i have four steno pages of notes on who what when today.

now ive gotta go back into the city and downtown for the FOURTH TIME and this time
im going to a diff store where there might be competent help so i dont have to deal
with incompetent help on the fucking phone.

sorry but shit like this has happened since i got this service TWO years ago.
the service is ok but if you have to turn to them for tech support???....i pity you too.
the customer service is the worst possible. you cant make this shit up.

Post subject: Re: ATT...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:43 am 
Board Emeritus

ATT has The WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ive ever encountered anywhere in this 'us'.

had to get a new wifi mobile unit and for the second time they fucked the account up.
wrong category of pre paid vs post paid or, so one of the 14 voices on the phone said.
so, by #7 voice they said ah, now i see and they fixed it BUT we're going to send me a
new SIM card.
i wasnt sure why but sure go ahead and replace the one that comes in this new unit.

after SIX FUCKING HOURS of calls and calling back to each New number they gave me over
and over...i get an email about the card being shipped.
except...they didnt ship to a COMPLETE ADDRESS.

back on the phone for the 6th of 6hours and four different number calls later and they say
they cant find my account.
that happened most of these calls...no one can find ANY info you give them.
i have four steno pages of notes on who what when today.

now ive gotta go back into the city and downtown for the FOURTH TIME and this time
im going to a diff store where there might be competent help so i dont have to deal
with incompetent help on the fucking phone.

sorry but shit like this has happened since i got this service TWO years ago.
the service is ok but if you have to turn to them for tech support???....i pity you too.
the customer service is the worst possible. you cant make this shit up.

Are there any other carriers in your area you can switch to?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Have been researching lately, have Verizon, moving soon to a bigger area/population.

So far Verizon is the most expensive but ATT is very close behind. T Mobile and Metro PCS (same company but different product) allegedly have an excellent coverage map, and are cheaper.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Are there any other carriers in your area you can switch to?

i looked around a bit...there might be a smaller name outfit around here but so far ive not
seen one that has the One quality im looking for and why i keep this att bullshit.

so today...i drive back into the city for the 3RD time to the store, i brought the long 4pages of
names numbers ive entertained via phone(NOT ATT PHONE)...and while they keep mistaking
my wifi for PHONE..today back at the store, the new guy shows how to push the ONE button
differently--not slow but fast--and up comes the screen ive been looking for since i got this
new POS unit home and then DID NOT see it. ever. again.
when i did catch a glimpse it went immediately to a repair screen.
theyve sent me a new SIM card TO THE INCOMPLETE ADDRESS THEY FUCKED UP, IT SHIPPED OUT YESTERDAY. AND, I DONT NEED A NEW SIM CARD.

so with an envelope full of pages, notes, numbers etc i looked at the new monday guy at the store and asked
why it was NONE of these humans knew to work the ONE button that way despite the times
ive pushed the ONE button looking for it to DO something besides send me to a webpage telling
me IM ALREADY SET Up.
holyfuck. :crazy: :crazy:

he managed to set up new NUMBERS for accts ETC...and while he treated me like i had nothing
better to do than fuck with ATT on the phone FOR DAYS and drive into the fucking CITY FOUR times
to ATT store, he managed to do ONE STUPID thing to get it all lined up and organized again.
last thing i said after thanking him for being competent was...do you think i had nothing better
to do for days than call ATT 400 minutes worth and DRIVE INTO THE FUCKING CITY ALL THE WAY TO YOUR STORE FOUR TIMES??

by then he was apologizing for all the bullshit. which is The Least i expected of new guy.