RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have no issue with this their material is shared by the viewers anyway i'm just worried about capitalism & consolidation doing away their great work for a cheap buck Media Reform & strong regulation rules is truly needed plus i don't like seeing them get harassed with threats by the trolls for their work.

Journalists debate stepping back from Twitter

If Twitter is the town square for journalists, some are ready to step away.

That's happening this week at the online news site Insider — by order of the boss. Reporters have been told to take a week off from tweeting at work and to keep TweetDeck off their computer screens. The idea of disengaging is to kick away a crutch for the journalists and escape from the echo chamber, said Julie Zeveloff West, Insider's editor-in-chief for the U.S.

https://www.newsday.com/business/techno ... 1.26568642

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

twitter is not "journalism".
its tweets. stupid comments humans think up in response to stupid behaviors of other humans.

thats it. its fast yes. you want a story out there twitter is the place to yell Fire.
however, twitter is not solid foundation, its twitter. tweets. stupid things your fingers type as a Reaction.
..you know, like snorting cocaine then feeling, experiencing, a "reaction".
i dont see the difference.

not saying tweets dont have a solid place for humans, dire situations etc. as usual tho humans turn
it into the only thing theyre capable of doing. tweeting. 140 letters.

human verbal communication is becoming one of the first abilities human will lose.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

btw...experiencing a reaction seems to be the new fangled way of having an emotion.
instead now its a 'reaction'.

350million humans all "reacting" across merica.
umohboy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

these pols dont realize how demeaning tweeting is for them personally.

even youngins are getting sick of tweeting, they dont see much accomplished beyond
the occasional need to yell "run"!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Does the old good version of Tweetdeck even still work? I thought twitter changed the API after they bought it so the old code wouldn't stream everything any more. That was a great way to get news. It was remarkable to watch the Japanese earthquake suddenly melt the Internet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

im sppd to learn about tweet deck so far ive not done it.
i get twitter for some reasons and its good to have.

its stupid when lazy humans just use it to fuck other things up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:34 pm 
Policy Wonk

Journalists should step back from being the mouthpiece for special interests in their reports and articles so they can provide useful necessary and timely information.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

news desks should QUIT hiring out of work politicians like Christie and Santorum.
they are useless and dont Deserve to be speaking to the public on national news.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:33 am 
Board Emeritus

news desks should QUIT hiring out of work politicians like Christie and Santorum.
they are useless and dont Deserve to be speaking to the public on national news.

Agreed 100%

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:32 pm 
Policy Wonk

Twitter is just a way to share information. It's up to the reader what they do with that information. As with anything, verify. Always have the question handy, "Is this true?"

Not enough people do that, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:57 am 
Board Emeritus

What a weird article.

So, because some journalists still haven't learned how to regulate their Twitter use in the 12 years this platform has been around, that's supposed to mean...what, exactly.

New media, same old luddite complaints. :problem:

It's interesting that they talk about Maggie Haberman, though, who is really worth following on Twitter, where she's quite prolific and informative. https://twitter.com/maggieNYT

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

The old good version of Tweetdeck arranged tweets in columns set up by the user and let everything flow through almost too fast to read it all. I couldn't decide which movie it reminded me of. The Matrix was on the short list. It worked best when tweets were shorter and didn't have as many images in them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

The old good version of Tweetdeck arranged tweets in columns set up by the user and let everything flow through almost too fast to read it all. I couldn't decide which movie it reminded me of. The Matrix was on the short list. It worked best when tweets were shorter and didn't have as many images in them.

I've been on Hootsuite and Buffer for the past 5-6 years or so. Both of those really run circles around Tweetdeck, which did improve when Twitter bought it out. But yeah, when Twitter, FB, Insta, etc., started locking down their platforms to 3rd parties, things changed even more.

It's why I don't have a lot of patience for these kinds of articles and bellyaching about these platforms by people who barely even use them, or understand what they're for, let alone know how to use them. I've watched this technology change over the years and get how it affects regular users bc I am one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

twitter is not "journalism".

Twitter is not supposed to be journalism, it's a microblogging platform for short messages.

Quote:
its tweets. stupid comments humans think up in response to stupid behaviors of other humans.

Not exactly, no.

We're in a spot where domestic and foreign policy is being made by Twitter, fbofw, so it's kind of pointless to write it off as mere stupid comments. It's that and whole lot more.