Eyes now turn to Ahmaud Arbery trial

News and events of the day
gounion

Eyes now turn to Ahmaud Arbery trial

Post by gounion »

These guys are in more trouble than Rittenhouse. They didn't raise the money that Rittenhouse did, they didn't become the celebrity he did, so they can't get a big bullshit artist defense lawyer.

But the thing to remember about this trail is, without the video being made public, there never would have been a trial. They never would have been charged. The DA had already told them they were in the clear.

And he HAD the video! So the fix had been in there too.

And the defendants see no reason at all why they can't gun a man down in the street.
Libertas

Re: Eyes now turn to Ahmaud Arbery trial

Post by Libertas »

Is this the one with the all white jury or 11 out of 12?

If there is to be any hope left at all for justice, this might be the final straw.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

This unhooded lynchmob is also going to walk.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:57 pm This unhooded lynchmob is also going to walk.
I dont know what the charges are, but I believe (hope) they will get voluntary manslaughter or 3rd degree murder depending on what charges were included.

If not, there is going to be a holy hell to pay.

PS OT

Just went to my Apple ringtone store to look around and that fucking let’s go Brandon thing is now an iPhone tone you can buy. FUCK
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:42 pm I dont know what the charges are, but I believe (hope) they will get voluntary manslaughter or 3rd degree murder depending on what charges were included.

PS OT

Just went to my Apple ringtone store to look around and that fucking let’s go Brandon thing is now an iPhone tone you can buy. FUCK
Why would you pay holy hell for this?

:|

I cant figure out why anyone wouldn't pay Apple ringtone store for this either.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:57 pm This unhooded lynchmob is also going to walk.
Walking is better than if they had horses and were riding.

:(
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:23 pm Walking is better than if they had horses and were riding.

They substituted the truck for the horse.

It's never preferable for these people to get away with lynchmobbing, ever.

"Now the KKK wears 3-piece suits"
~Public Enemy

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:32 pm They substituted the truck for the horse.
So have most American Indians.

Except there's still a few. Here's two Navajos delivering food to folks locked down at home because of COVID. It's one of my favorite photos:

:D

No one should ever go lynchmobbing, or get away with it if they do.

I also have a dim view toward those suits, and 3-piece suits are even worse.

:evil:

KKK hoods take the evil cake and eat it too.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:42 pm I dont know what the charges are, but I believe (hope) they will get voluntary manslaughter or 3rd degree murder depending on what charges were included.

PS OT

These are the charges......

https://apnews.com/article/ahmaud-arber ... 16bf19eeff
EXPLAINER: What are the charges in Ahmaud Arbery’s killing?
A nine-count indictment charges all three with one count of malice murder, four counts of felony murder, two counts of aggravated assault, one count of false imprisonment and one count of criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MALICE MURDER AND FELONY MURDER?

Unlike many states, Georgia doesn’t have degrees of murder, but instead has malice murder and felony murder. Neither requires prosecutors to prove an intent to kill.
It's not even close to manslaughter. The prosecutions opening statements were devastating. According to the timeline given........For ten minutes or better they basically ran Arbery down with no more feeling than chasing down a stray dog. Guilty, guilty and guilty. All 3 of them should be spending the better part of the rest of their lives in prison.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:32 am These are the charges......

It's not even close to manslaughter. The prosecutions opening statements were devastating. According to the timeline given........For ten minutes or better they basically ran Arbery down with no more feeling than chasing down a stray dog. Guilty, guilty and guilty. All 3 of them should be spending the better part of the rest of their lives in prison.
Conservative whites feared for their lives, so they will walk.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:32 am These are the charges......

What's truly sad is how egregious it has to be for a white man to be convicted of killing a black man. What's astonishing is how the local prosecutors had no intention of charging the three men with ANYTHING AT ALL! It took the public release of the video to cause public outrage and pressure prosecutors.

I think chances are good they'll be convicted. They don't have a Billy Flynn lawyer who can bamboozle the jury with bullshit, like happened with Rittenhouse.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

There is a post on this page that if you went to the dictionary and looked up Internet troll this would be in the definition.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

There's many apples and oranges things between the two cases.

But I find Arbery and Rittenhouse comparisons a bit odd, particularly for one reason. Arbery was unarmed. Rittenhouse had an open-carried AR-15. Arbery was a threat to no one that day. Rittenhouse was.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:59 am There's many apples and oranges things between the two cases.

But I find Arbery and Rittenhouse comparisons a bit odd, particularly for one reason. Arbery was unarmed. Rittenhouse had an open-carried AR-15. Arbery was a threat to no one that day. Rittenhouse was.
There is one thing for sure, when little proud boy crossed the state line with his AR15 (what in the FUCK is he doing with an AR15?) his self defense argument, given what went down later, was obsolete.
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

ProfX wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:59 am There's many apples and oranges things between the two cases.

One similarity is the overprotection of property and in vain, property that isn't even theirs and isnt in need of protecting, and unfounded suspicion held in higher regard than human life in both cases by vigilantes so as to evade the rights of those who were shot and to evade the responsibilities the requirements of authorities.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Motor City wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:07 pm One similarity is the overprotection of property and in vain, property that isn't even theirs and isnt in need of protecting, and unfounded suspicion held in higher regard than human life in both cases by vigilantes so as to evade the rights of those who were shot and to evade the responsibilities the requirements of authorities.
They're just mad because we're no longer the property.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

Closing argument from defense attorney arguing why the defendants should be found not guilty. Basically, because white people are afraid of black people. Seriously:
Defense attorney Jason Sheffield suggested in his closing statement on Monday that the men who killed Ahmaud Arbery were "very scared" of him.

In his closing remarks to the jury, Sheffield appeared to be speaking to the fears of white jurors.

"You heard about Satilla Shores from several witnesses who came to talk to you about what they were experiencing in this once-idyllic neighborhood," the attorney advised. "A neighborhood that was once a place where elderly would walk at night, kids would play after dark."

Sheffield said that his client, Travis McMichael, noticed the change in the neighborhood because of messages posted on Facebook.

"This neighborhood was being covered in suspicious persons, extra watches, neighborhood patrols and concerned citizens," he explained. "The types of things these neighbors would talk about to each other was about the crime that was being committed to them, to their neighbors, crime that they had seen happening across the street from them."

There's a message buried in John Durham's latest indictment — and it isn't pretty

"They told you that what was happening in their neighborhood scared them," he continued. "It caused them concern, it was unsettling to imagine people lurking and sneaking around your property at night."

Sheffield went on to call the incidents "frightening" and said that neighbors were "very scared" before Arbery, a Black man, was killed by McMichael.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Ali Dukakis
@ajdukakis
16m
#AhmaudArbery Jury has reached a verdict, according to sheriff’s deputies.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Drak

Post by Drak »

Spiro Agnew’s Ghost
@SpiroAgnewGhost
33s
Breaking: Arbery Trial Verdicts:

Travis McMichael - GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS.

Gregory McMichael: GUILTY on 8 of 9 counts

William Bryan: GUILTY on 7 of 9 counts
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:46 pm Spiro Agnew’s Ghost
@SpiroAgnewGhost
33s
Breaking: Arbery Trial Verdicts:

Travis McMichael - GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS.

Gregory McMichael: GUILTY on 8 of 9 counts

William Bryan: GUILTY on 7 of 9 counts
Good.

Now let's see how long they spend in Club Fed.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Justice in America can be done (see: Derek Chauvin).

That doesn't mean it's always done, or sufficiently done.

One verdict doesn't mean justice in this country has suddenly, totally, and miraculously become colorblind.

The stats say otherwise.
Last edited by ProfX on Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Number6

Post by Number6 »

TFG will call the verdict a travesty.

Majorie Taylor Greene will introduce a bill to award the three murders of Ahmaud Abery the Congressional Medal of Freedom.

Lauren Boebert will auction off the shotgun that killed Ahmaud Arbery.

Matt Gaetz will offer the three convicted killers of Ahmaud Arbery jobs in his Congressional Office (provide they introduce him to underage, teen girls).
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:53 pm Good.

Now let's see how long they spend in Club Fed.
Up to the judge, what do we know about the judge?
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Final point to the would-be vigilantes of America.

Yes you can make a citizen's arrest of someone committing crimes. That means you can temporarily detain them until the police arrive. Please note, not somebody you "think might" be committing crimes, someone you are certain IS committing crime, and you have evidence. Otherwise, yes, too, a citizen can make wrongful arrest.

For sure, there is no right to be judge, jury, AND executioner of that person. The Punisher might make for cool T shirts, but you don't get to BE him.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Remember, they would not have been QUESTIONED by police let alone arrested without the video.

Just now hearing how nobody in the district attorney office wanted to charge these guys Jesus fucking Christ.

I just heard the prosecutor obstructed justice can someone tell me about that.