Eyes now turn to Ahmaud Arbery trial

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Eyes now turn to Ahmaud Arbery trial

Post by carmenjonze »

Number6 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:26 pm TFG will call the verdict a travesty.

Majorie Taylor Greene will introduce a bill to award the three murders of Ahmaud Abery the Congressional Medal of Freedom.

Lauren Boebert will auction off the shotgun that killed Ahmaud Arbery.

Matt Gaetz will offer the three convicted killers of Ahmaud Arbery jobs in his Congressional Office (provide they introduce him to underage, teen girls).
This country has an extremely serious white-supremacism problem.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Kathy Hochul
@GovKathyHochul

Today’s verdict is a moment of justice for Ahmaud Arbery and his family, but there’s a long road ahead. To honor Ahmaud's memory, we must recommit ourselves to building a fairer, more just state and nation and to fighting systemic racism.

https://twitter.com/GovKathyHochul/stat ... 2189810700

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

That guilty verdict seems pretty good especially after the defense managed to pack the jury with almost all White people.

:D

Somehow that makes it more meaningful that a jury of their peers found them guilty.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Justice Served. Now the former D.A. has been indicted as well for her conduct.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Jackie Johnson - Former District Attorney Arrested After Indictment In Connection Ahmaud Arbery Investigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/us/ahmau ... index.html.

(CNN)A former district attorney in Georgia has been charged after allegedly interfering with the arrest of a man involved in the 2020 shooting death of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery.

Former Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson has been indicted on charges of violating her oath as a public officer and obstructing a police officer.

Johnson was arrested Wednesday morning and released on a $10,000 bond, according to the sheriff's office.

Both charges are in connection to Johnson's alleged actions surrounding the investigation of the fatal shooting of Arbery while he was jogging through a Glynn County subdivision on February 23, 2020, according to the indictment.

Gregory McMichael, his son Travis McMichael and neighbor William Bryan, are charged with murder in connection with Arbery's death. The three pleaded not guilty.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Notice how not one single con has chimed in on this thread, but they're all over the Rittenhouse thread, like MAGAts.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

My only concern was the jury. Those concerns were allayed when I found out there were 11 women in the pool of 16 that would make up the jury of 12. And two of the men were a retired law enforcement officer and a law enforcement instructor. With that I figured they would deal with it straight up.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:15 pm That guilty verdict seems pretty good especially after the defense managed to pack the jury with almost all White people.

:D

Somehow that makes it more meaningful that a jury of their peers found them guilty.
Not really. These almost-all-white jurors aren't owed anything, and there's nothing to be grateful for.

I get that it's not a problem for you, since it's something you won't ever face yourself, but it's atrocious that anyone had to even wonder about the verdict.

Let alone that it took over 2 months to even bring a charge against these Confederate-flag licensce plate noose-knotters.

This kind of outcome is also why your friends are so offended by the months and months and months of protests for racial justice.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:51 pm Justice Served. Now the former D.A. has been indicted as well for her conduct.
marindem01 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:26 pm Jackie Johnson - Former District Attorney Arrested After Indictment In Connection Ahmaud Arbery Investigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/us/ahmau ... index.html.

(CNN)A former district attorney in Georgia has been charged after allegedly interfering with the arrest of a man involved in the 2020 shooting death of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery.

Former Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson has been indicted on charges of violating her oath as a public officer and obstructing a police officer.

Johnson was arrested Wednesday morning and released on a $10,000 bond, according to the sheriff's office.

Both charges are in connection to Johnson's alleged actions surrounding the investigation of the fatal shooting of Arbery while he was jogging through a Glynn County subdivision on February 23, 2020, according to the indictment.

Gregory McMichael, his son Travis McMichael and neighbor William Bryan, are charged with murder in connection with Arbery's death. The three pleaded not guilty.
I remember that! On the old board, I was busting a gut about this dirty individual.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:59 pm My only concern was the jury. Those concerns were allayed when I found out there were 11 women in the pool of 16 that would make up the jury of 12. And two of the men were a retired law enforcement officer and a law enforcement instructor. With that I figured they would deal with it straight up.
:lol:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:56 pm:lol:
What more do we need to say, that comment is like a white supremacist talking in 1962 Georgia.

WOW

Jesus...you know I wouldnt know he had said it if you didnt quote it :lol: I rarely read what the cons say.

But that comment goes down as "what a white male rightwinger would say"
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:06 pm What more do we need to say, that comment is like a white supremacist talking in 1962 Georgia.

WOW

Jesus...you know I wouldnt know he had said it if you didnt quote it :lol: I rarely read what the cons say.

But that comment goes down as "what a white male rightwinger would say"
These guys are projecting their own white-savior complex onto this jury.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:15 pm These guys are projecting their own white-savior complex onto this jury.
Do you mean they are projecting this as a FAVOR to the Black community? I can see that.

Hell, based on this ONE time there was justice I bet they will tell us the justice system is all fine and good.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:16 pm Do you mean they are projecting this as a FAVOR to the Black community? I can see that.

Hell, based on this ONE time there was justice I bet they will tell us the justice system is all fine and good.
Well, they've been saying that since the antebellum era.

They said it throughout segregation, they said it during the Reagan era, they said it after Rodney King, they said it after Tamir Rice and Trayvon Martin, they're still saying it after George Floyd, they'll say it after the next lynching and cop murder.

Expecting different behavior from these cons is crazy.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

I sure hope the Secret Service is getting doubletime, after her saying this.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Bludogdem »

Libertas wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:16 pm Do you mean they are projecting this as a FAVOR to the Black community? I can see that.

You don’t understand the impact a majority group of women will have on a jury. Prosecution Voir dire experts strive for that kind of distribution. Seldom get it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:39 pm You don’t understand the impact a majority group of women will have on a jury. Prosecution Voir dire experts strive for that kind of distribution. Seldom get it.
Source, please.

And don't say it was Lexis Nexis from like 1984.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:48 pm Source, please.

The HILARIOUS part is saying because there are COPS on the jury all will be well, from an area where the DA's office didn't want to try the case in the first place and the police didn't want to arrest the murderers.
Nearly two years before a jury convicted three white men in the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, authorities had said there was no need to arrest them.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/-al ... e-rcna6690

Jesus what a STUPID fucking thing to say! But exactly what we would expect a white con to say, someone who has never had to deal with cops.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:58 pm The HILARIOUS part is saying because there are COPS on the jury all will be well, from an area where the DA's office didn't want to try the case in the first place and the police didn't want to arrest the murderers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/-al ... e-rcna6690
Without the video, when friends and family would talk about it, the first thing out of the mouths of conservative whites would be "playing the victim card."

Laura Hogue, who needs to be disbarred immediately, even said it, flat out.

Conservative whites really do not think of lynchmobbing and slave-patrolling in a free country as victimizing behavior.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Bludogdem »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:48 pm Source, please.

Not something they would openly admit. Good way to loose your job. I’ve had the discussions. And nothing is 100%. But they find it favorable.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:11 pm Not something they would openly admit. Good way to loose your job. I’ve had the discussions. And nothing is 100%. But they find it favorable.
Translation: "I pulled it out of my ass"
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:26 pm Translation: "I pulled it out of my ass"
Used to play golf with a bunch of lawyers. They can teach you a lot.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:11 pm Not something they would openly admit. Good way to loose your job. I’ve had the discussions. And nothing is 100%. But they find it favorable.
So you're once again making up bullshit, pronouncing it as if it's true, and expecting everyone to just accept it because you say so.

Okay, karen.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:35 pm Used to play golf with a bunch of lawyers.
Which one of you is posting this?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Motor City »

https://twitter.com/BerniceKing/status/ ... 0256687104
If Ahmaud’s family had not pushed…

If people had not protested…

If the video had not been released…

If it had been left up to the Glynn County, GA police and D.A.’s office…

This case wouldn’t have even gone to trial.

But people cared.

And people acted.