Trump Proposed Launching Missiles at Mexico

News and events of the day
Drak

Trump Proposed Launching Missiles at Mexico

Post by Drak »

According to former Sec of Def, Mark Esper. I guess he was so speechless he was unable to mention any of this before cashing in with a book. What is his scared oath? Because it’s not to the USA.

It is one of the moments in his upcoming memoir that the former defense secretary described as leaving him all but speechless.

Former President Donald J. Trump asked Mark T. Esper, his defense secretary, about the possibility of launching missiles into Mexico to “destroy the drug labs” and wipe out the cartels, maintaining that the United States’ involvement in a strike against its southern neighbor could be kept secret, Mr. Esper recounts in his upcoming memoir.

Those remarkable discussions in 2020 were among several moments that Mr. Esper described in the book, “A Sacred Oath,” as leaving him all but speechless when he served the 45th president.

Mr. Esper, the last Senate-confirmed defense secretary under Mr. Trump, also had concerns about speculation that the president might misuse the military around Election Day by, for instance, having soldiers seize ballot boxes. He warned subordinates to be on alert for unusual calls from the White House in the lead-up to the election.

The book, to be published on Tuesday, offers a stunningly candid perspective from a former defense secretary, and it illuminates key episodes from the Trump presidency, including some that were unknown or underexplored.
When Mr. Esper raised various objections, Mr. Trump said that “we could just shoot some Patriot missiles and take out the labs, quietly,” adding that “no one would know it was us.” Mr. Trump said he would just say that the United States had not conducted the strike, Mr. Esper recounts, writing that he would have thought it was a joke had he not been staring Mr. Trump in the face.
This is the leader of the Republican Party. The guy the party swears fealty too. Cons on this board vote for these people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/us/p ... trump.html
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
marindem01

Re: Trump Proposed Launching Missiles at Mexico

Post by marindem01 »

The Traitor wanted to George Floyd Protestors as well. Just shoot them leg or something.

Fuck Cons everywhere.

The Troll is all upset that Democrats will take freedom away, but ignores this shit from the low life sucum sucking draft dodger he defends.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I can just see it now. We launch a whole bunch of missiles at Mexico, blowing up drug labs. Of course, not a one causes a teeny bit of collateral damage to any towns or people nearby. :roll: I mean, look, Mexico may not be a technological powerhouse like the U.S., but I bet they have radar that can tell where the missiles came from. :roll:

So, of course, after all that happens, and Mexico's leaders are furious, Trump would deny we did it. Even though there are radar traces showing they came from the direction of the U.S. "Who fired them? Wasn't us. Must have been Antifa." :roll:

And, BTW, you only need to look at stories from Mexico about how harshly these drug cartels like the Zetas will retaliate. Boy would there be blowback.

Gosh, this man was stupid.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Drak

Post by Drak »

ProfX wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:10 am
Gosh, this man was stupid.
The apple of stupid doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
· 1h
I’m still trying to figure out the recent media outrage about my father possibly wanting to target Mexican drug cartel manufacturing facilities in Mexico… Is that supposed to be a bad thing???
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

A missile strike aim at Mexico....of course both the PRC and Russia would never have reacted to such thing right?
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Drak wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:58 am The apple of stupid doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
· 1h
I’m still trying to figure out the recent media outrage about my father possibly wanting to target Mexican drug cartel manufacturing facilities in Mexico… Is that supposed to be a bad thing???
Don Jr, you seem to be missing the part where he would then deny we fired them - as if somehow Mexico would be incapable of figuring out where they came from by the radar traces. :roll: "Oh shit it must be Costa Rica or Cuba firing missiles at us." :roll:

So Don Jr., got another question. Would you be OK with Canada or Mexico blowing up drug manufacturing labs/facilities in the U.S. with missile attacks? I'm gonna bet the answer is no. :roll:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Could put this in other threads, but I'll just drop it here.

Esper also says ...

[from twitter]
60 Mins tweeted...
"We had developed a plan, initial concept of how [sending 250,000 troops to the U.S.-Mexico border] might happen. And I was just flabbergasted," former Secretary of Defense Mark Esper tells @NorahODonnell.
[end]

Stephen Miller drafted a plan to send 250,000 military troops to the U.S.-Mexico border, and Trump was considering approving that, too.

... BTW, that of course would be a total violation of Posse Comitatus. And Esper knew it.