They Stole Ashley Biden's Diary

News and events of the day
ProfX

They Stole Ashley Biden's Diary

Post by ProfX »

Trump campaign rejected offer to buy Biden daughter's diary
https://www.axios.com/2022/08/25/trump- ... hter-diary

Donald Trump's 2020 presidential campaign rejected an offer to buy President Biden's daughter's stolen diary, federal prosecutors say.

Why it matters: The revelation comes amid a criminal investigation into how the diary and other property belonging to Ashley Biden ended up in the hands of right-wing journalists.

Driving the news: Two Florida individuals pled guilty on Thursday to transporting stolen property across state lines for their roles in selling Ashley Biden's diary to Project Veritas, the organization run by conservative provocateur James O'Keefe.

The criminal information filed as part of that guilty plea reveals those two people, Aimee Harris and Robert Kurlander, received $20,000 each for the material.

[snip]

While Project Veritas purchased the diary, it did not publish it, and the group has denied any wrongdoing amid an investigation involving a raid on O'Keefe's home.

The diary was eventually published by the right-wing news outlet the National File.

[snip][end]

I don't think the Trump campaign had a sudden onset of ethics. It's just even they were not dumb enough to know how self-damaging & dangerous this could have been to use as a political weapon.

For all those who complained about attacks on Barron - and yes I get Ashley is an adult woman - but why the hell is her own diary, which may show her own struggles with addiction or whatever else, in the "public interest"? Just because she's Joe's daughter? Hasn't his family been through enough?

There is no more poorly named, misleading organization than "Project Veritas." I can think of many other names I would give to an organization that bought a stolen woman's diary, and were probably disappointed they couldn't weaponize it the way they wanted to, but ended up publishing it, anyway....
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Re: They Stole Ashley Biden's Diary

Post by Libertas »

The vile scum who owns project veritas should be screamed at by anyone and everyone who sees him in public.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Re: They Stole Ashley Biden's Diary

Post by carmenjonze »

There is no bottom level.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells