RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:15 am 
Board Emeritus

I have a hiatal hernia which causes the top portion of the stomach to bulge into the rib cage. This is what's contributing to the acid reflux.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have a hiatal hernia which causes the top portion of the stomach to bulge into the rib cage. This is what's contributing to the acid reflux.

OK, sorry to be such a pain, I guess then I will ask HOW did you get that, is that something you do by physically exerting wrong or is it something else?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:42 am 
Board Emeritus

OK, sorry to be such a pain, I guess then I will ask HOW did you get that, is that something you do by physically exerting wrong or is it something else?

I just noticed this post hence the late response.

I ruined my gall bladder in 1981 when I went on a crash liquid diet. I had to have my gall bladder out and that's when the problem started. I had it out the old fashioned way before the days of scopic surgery. That's how I got the hernia.

As a result, I develped acid reflux. As a result I developed the scarring in my trachea.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:31 am 
Board Emeritus

I have an appointment at the weight loss center in Boston on Wednesday. The plan is to get a gastric bypass in order to curb the acid reflux. My esophagus isn't strong enough for the type of hernia surgery I wanted. I have mixed feelings about it. My biggest fear is that it won't successfully curb the acid, which is the goal of the surgery. I have a million questions to ask.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Update.

Since seeing the bariatric surgeon in December, I have yet to get into my first preliminary appointment before surgery. I waited 2 weeks after seeing him and then I called a few days after that and was told the doctor was away on conferences and to call back the following week.

So, I did and was told she'd give him the message.

Another week goes by and no call.

Another week and no call.

Monday I called and the receptionist told me she sent him an email "I did my part."

No call back.

Today I called my referring physician, the one handling my thoracic case. I spoke to the temp receptionist who said she'd leave a note for his receptionist and she'd call me back.

Still waiting...

So, what is a patient to do when the hospital doesn't return your calls? This is rated as the number 1 hospital in the country by whatever means they rate hospitals. Me thinks they've got highly paid reps to do their propaganda because I sure as hell ain't seeing it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 am 
Board Emeritus

UPDATE

I finally got through to the doctor's office in Boston and did the first step toward gastric bypass. I attended an information conference here in Maine. Now I'm working on getting a referral for office visits here so I don't have to travel to Boston for all preliminary appointments for surgery.