Elon Musk, rip-off King!

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Elon Musk, rip-off King!

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:24 am Musk was bood for 10 mins straight last night and chased off stage after he appeared with Dave Chappelle. Apparently he’s nuking Twitter accounts and suppressing any accounts that repost the video. Freedumb of speech, though.
Ha yes, Alejandra Caraballo has been trolling his apartheid ass all morning. :lol:

Alejandra Caraballo
@Esqueer_

Elon is going through some things. He got booed by thousands of people at a Chappelle show and then he got ratioed by a trans woman. How do you like them pronouns?

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1602328785948479488

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

It's also worth noting that this D#ve Ch#ppelle show happened in San Francisco. D#ve Ch#ppelle, who cries cancel culture to sold-out shows. :?

Who in the hell goes to these shows in 2022, anyway? :?

Lol even those people don't like Elon Musk. :lol:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

:lol:

Dag @3fecta@masthead.social
@3fecta

Elmo's pronouns now are loser/pwned

https://twitter.com/3fecta/status/1602332143044235264

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

Musk has gone over the edge. He is no longer American. He's joined the global oppressor class.

That pronouns tweet was the last straw. Prosecute Fauci for telling the truth about covid? Is this guy already living on Mars?

My pronouns are he and him, but my nouns are Musk and Hitler.

If anything does the human race in, it will be the one major flaw in capitalism, which is that it rewards the malignant narcissists and megalomaniacs, while functioning best when these diseased specimens are preparing everyone else for war.

There is no alternative to twitter. Mastodon is weird, and complicated. Other platforms are basically propaganda machines designed to give early teens eating disorders in order to sell more crap to them. Twitter was real people communicating their immediate concerns or breaking news. It worked best when it was getting someone rescued or helping the cops catch a mass shooter. The rest are bubble gum music translated into algorithms. They work best when they create deluded drones whose favorite word is "influencer."

We have lost the best thing on the internet, and the one that came closest to the net's original promise. Twitter was the world's hotline. Was. My verb is "was." The 2020s are a very "was" decade. It's all going wrong.

I see two alternatives to a steady slide into insanity and war. My concepts are (1) A vibrant left that articulates the issues with unrestrained greed in a manner that ordinary non-political people can understand; or (2) An unprecedented bottom-up movement to take back the means of information. Or, of course, both.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:01 am Musk has gone over the edge. He is no longer American.
Oh, but he is.

What he is doing represents a large, obnoxious, longstaanding faction of Americans.
He's joined the global oppressor class.
Apartheid Kid always was in it.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

You are right, and on a technical level you were always right on these issues.

Now you are also right on a practical level.

At some point, it's all oppression. The transmutation of twitter into another means of oppression is every bit as tragic as racism (which it now reinforces).

This doesn't negate my points, because a vibrant left is inherently a left that rejects racial stereotypes and medieval hierarchical thinking.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Drak

Post by Drak »

Straight out of Nazi Germany.

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:48 pm Straight out of Nazi Germany.

Like I said, you and me are dead if he gets his way.

I just tweeted that musk needs to be arrested and jailed for inciting violence, i will be banned i assume.
I sigh in your general direction.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Realizing that I am armed with a one-shot dueling pistol in the face of a thermonuclear missile strike, I chose to duck and cover on twitter. Thank goodness for this board.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:21 pm Realizing that I am armed with a one-shot dueling pistol in the face of a thermonuclear missile strike, I chose to duck and cover on twitter. Thank goodness for this board.
I am surprised how ugly and disgusting musk is. That he is willing to alienate the largest percentage of his customer base for cars, let alone everything else.

I wanted a Tesla and a power wall etc, but now I would go to any other source. i just bought a new car and it was a hybrid, I should have gotten an all electric.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Every upper-middle-class bozo in LA wants a Tesla. I wouldn't be caught dead in one. If I tried to use its auto-driving "feature" I would risk such a fate. The service record is dismal, and the batteries cost so much to replace that you might as well junk the thing and spend what you save on a decent smaller EV. Plus we all know what it's like to work for St. Musk. Chinese died for our sins.

Nikola Tesla would be spinning in his grave, were he not alive on Venus.

My next ride is an electric sports car for sure. You can't beat the torque.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Pathetic.

Former Twitter executive Yoel Roth was reportedly forced to flee his home in the wake of threats spurred by the 'Twitter Files' and increased criticism from Elon Musk

Ramped-up attacks on Twitter against a former company executive are reportedly beginning to have real-world consequences.

Yoel Roth, Twitter's former head of trust & safety, has been forced to flee his home due to intensifying threats of violence, according to a report from CNN, which cites a person familiar with the matter.

https://www.businessinsider.com/twitter ... rt-2022-12
Drak

Post by Drak »

“Elon Musk has formally dissolved Twitter’s Trust & Safety Council responsible for Online Safety and Harassment, Human and Digital Rights, Suicide Prevention and Mental Health, Child Sexual Exploitation, and Dehumanization on Twitter.”

Elon taking extreme steps to turn Twitter into a full on batshit right wing disinformation machine. This guy is owned by foreign adversaries, Russia, China and SA.

We are at war. An information war.

ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Drak wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:13 am We are at war. An information war.
This has been the case for about 10 years now. I'm glad that some other people are starting to get it, because I've been screaming into a vacuum for something closer to 25 years that the means of information are falling into ever fewer hands and most of these hands are attached to members of the international far right.

The roots of the problem go back to the Spanish-American war, hardly one of our finest hours. But here's when things really got out of hand, as accurately summarized in a classic article published by the US Army War College. This gets cited regularly by far brighter people than me.

https://press.armywarcollege.edu/parame ... 4/iss1/36/

If you don't want to take the time to slog through the lesser accomplishments of the bush era, I can summarize the author at the link's point in one line: The Pentagon controlled the information flow, and sold the war. In the span of about a week, they rebooted US public opinion.

Everyone got an education from that.

Twitter is only the latest disaster. There's been something similar at least once a year for most of my adult life. Since 2010 or thereabouts, I've watched the World Wide Web get transformed from a scientists' information library into a transnational right wing agitprop machine. Before that, I had the joy of seeing the movies get bought up by European banks and midtown Manhattan conglomerates, and the nooz get bought up by billionaire media apparatchiks interested mostly in controlling the public perception of the world we all inhabit.

This kind of shit gets old fast.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Flash! Hot off the wires.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63963239
Elon Musk no longer world's richest man

Elon Musk is no longer the world's richest man after a sharp drop in the value of his shares in electric car company Tesla this year.

According to both Forbes and Bloomberg, Mr Musk has been overtaken at the top spot by Bernard Arnault, the chief executive of luxury goods group LVMH.

"The Twitter circus show has hurt the Musk brand and it's a major overhang on Tesla's stock. Musk is Tesla and Tesla is Musk."
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:00 pm Flash! Hot off the wires.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63963239
It is disgusting how much money these bad people have.

There needs to be a wealth tax over a certain amount, maybe 100 million and a SUBSTANTIAL tax.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

This is all because of musk and his followers like here on this board.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/f ... r-AA15cxqx

Former Twitter executive Yoel Roth was reportedly forced to flee his home in the wake of threats spurred by the 'Twitter Files' and increased criticism from Elon Musk
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

https://uinterview.com/news/elon-musk-b ... ppearance/

Elon Musk Booed Offstage In Humiliating Chapelle Show Appearance

https://twitter.com/stokel/status/16022 ... GsgSwtH0vQ
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Scumbag wants to turn it into a hellish place to work

Twitter has stopped paying rent on offices and is considering not paying severance packages to forme
SAN FRANCISCO — Over the past two weeks, Elon Musk has shaken up Twitter’s legal department, disbanded a council that advised the social media company on safety issues and is continuing to take drastic steps to cut costs.

Mr. Musk appears to be gearing up for legal battles at Twitter, which he purchased in October for $44 billion, according to seven people familiar with internal conversations. He and his team have revamped Twitter’s legal department and pushed out one of his closest advisers in the process. They have also instructed employees to not pay vendors in anticipation of potential litigation, the people said.

To cut costs, Twitter has not paid rent for its San Francisco headquarters or any of its global offices for weeks, three people close to the company said. Twitter has also refused to pay a $197,725 bill for private charter flights made the week of Mr. Musk’s takeover, according to a copy of a lawsuit filed in New Hampshire District Court and obtained by The New York Times.

Twitter’s leaders have also discussed the consequences of denying severance payments to thousands of people who have been laid off since the takeover, two people familiar with the talks said. And Mr. Musk has threatened employees with lawsuits if they talk to the media and “act in a manner contrary to the company’s interest,” according to an internal email sent last Friday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/13/tech ... akeup.html

ben shaton

Post by ben shaton »

Toonces wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:31 am Elon has now invented Reddit for people who don't like topics. He has confirmed that Twitter will go from 280 characters to 4000 per Tweet.

For a man who bought Twitter, he doesn't seem to grasp what Twitter actually is.
If Twitter goes to 4000 characters per tweet, why not use Tumblr instead?
Democracy dies behind a paywall.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Now we're getting somewhere with him.

@ericareport BREAKING: Prominent attorneys are investigating whether Elon Musk lied on his application for U.S. citizenship. If it shows that he lied anywhere on the application, its likely he could be stripped of his of U.S. citizenship and deported.

https://twitter.com/ericareport/status/ ... 4522183680
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ap215 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:34 am Now we're getting somewhere with him.

@ericareport BREAKING: Prominent attorneys are investigating whether Elon Musk lied on his application for U.S. citizenship. If it shows that he lied anywhere on the application, its likely he could be stripped of his of U.S. citizenship and deported.

This would be awesome, but until there is more concrete sourcing I wont get my hopes up.
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

ap215 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:34 am Now we're getting somewhere with him.

I'm sure he could find someone to marry him.

Still, the wealthy tend to have different rules, don't they?
Drak

Post by Drak »

Tonight, this fascist fake "freedom of speech" idiot snowflake is banning high profile Journalists who have been covering him.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Look for Tesla stock to get totally pummeled again tomorrow. This dude is self destructing.