RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bring it! :rw)

Veritas can make a load of posts, too.

Veritas and pax. all in one day...you are a totally remarkable academician-like person and I bet you don't even realize that such is the case.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

1---- gounion ------- 29141
12--- carmenjonze -- 6882

This data would mean more had I left the dates of membership in, and computed a posting rate. I'd have to go to days from day shown in the list to today and divide. I think a spreadsheet could do this for me. Still... too much work.

And then we still leave out variables. GoU was gone for a while. Carmen's style is different. Less back and forth.

The data tells me to stay out of THAT one.

2011, wow... it's been that long... that means AAP imploded that year... jeez where does time go?

Glen was on AAP and demonstrated a capacity for rational thought. I've been at the message board thing since they were called BBS's, you had to pay for connect time outside your local toll free area, and 2400 baud was hauling ass. Those last two kept posts short..........

Modding a political board is like herding cats when they're in a biting and scratching mood. Been there... got the tooth marks. Thanks Plunderer and Bernie for taking it on for five years now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Veritas and pax. all in one day...you are a totally remarkable academician-like person and I bet you don't even realize that such is the case.

I just read a lot. ;)

Not bad for a dumb ole' toolmaker, with nary a drop of college.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Carmen's style is different. Less back and forth.

Less back and forth from CJ?

What planet have you been living on?

There is, like, almost nobody else in the known universe that I dread more with regard to the "back and forth" than CJ.

LOL.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Heh, well let it be said: it's true that I never became known for backing away from conflict. Old friends like Shine On, HV, ProfX, Sam, ap, Motor City, Viewer, Roy, Rita, Madge, the Kernel (can't really say I consider him a "friend" but we have been posting together on at least a monthly basis for almost a decade) have observed..let's just call it the most intense of it.

But like Madge, things are different these days. I am glad for it.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Still, carmen doesn't get as extended as when GoU takes on a righty. That can be 10 posts easy.

(Keep in mind that I love you both. We go way back in both cases.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Still, carmen doesn't get as extended as when GoU takes on a righty. That can be 10 posts easy.

And that's just a conservative estimate. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Like the Lady said, there's the old carmen and there's the new carmen.

I've witnessed the old carmen take on various dorks for many, many pages, way more than ten posts...more like on the order of a hundred posts, and beyond.

(Yeah, sort of like that Buzz Light Year theme of "to infinity and beyond.")

What seems to happen here at RFL is that the dorks run away from carmen much quicker these days. I'm sort of glad for that, mostly because I figure she's got better things to do with her time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:13 pm 
Policy Wonk

So, you're just talking out your ass, because someone don't share the undying blind love you share for Bernie.

Again, my problems with Bernie are fact-based. Why did he promise all the help to Canova against Wasserman Shultz, but now he won't do anything more than write one email?

I see your view: Anyone who isn't as crazy-far-left as you is a Republican. And facts won't sway your false assumption.

Just another purity judge.

So it looks like the only way for you to talk is out your ass.

actually was talkin out my fingers :rw) what false assumptions? whats crazy far left about me?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:30 am 
Board Emeritus

actually was talkin out my fingers :rw) what false assumptions? whats crazy far left about me?

No, YOU are the one making accusations. Prove them, or retract them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:06 am 
Board Emeritus

1---- gounion ------- 29141
12--- carmenjonze -- 6882

This data would mean more had I left the dates of membership in, and computed a posting rate. I'd have to go to days from day shown in the list to today and divide. I think a spreadsheet could do this for me. Still... too much work.

And then we still leave out variables. GoU was gone for a while. Carmen's style is different. Less back and forth.

I took a quick peak at their profiles.

GoU --> 15.02 posts per day

CJ --> 16.56 posts per day

Yeah, when taking into account GoU's absence for some period of time, they are both making a comparable number of posts each day.

Some folks must be able to type about as fast as they speak. Not me, otherwise I'd probably be spending almost all of my time learning to play keyboards.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:30 am 
Board Emeritus

Heh, well let it be said: it's true that I never became known for backing away from conflict. Old friends like Shine On, HV, ProfX, Sam, ap, Motor City, Viewer, Roy, Rita, Madge, the Kernel (can't really say I consider him a "friend" but we have been posting together on at least a monthly basis for almost a decade) have observed..let's just call it the most intense of it.

But like Madge, things are different these days. I am glad for it.

I'm working on it. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:15 am 
Board Emeritus

I'm working on it. :)

As are all of us.

I'm often amused at how Buddhism and physics intersect at this point - one thing in particular is always taking place in this universe, things are changing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

As are all of us.

I wouldn't say all of us. Some of us see no reason to change.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Change is inevitable, even for those that deny this sort of ultimate reality about how the universe operates.

In other words, don't sweat it...they too are changing, even if they cannot or will not take the time to figure it out and offer some description about how these process are proceeding for them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'll keep that in mind. Patience is a virtue, so I'm told.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'll keep that in mind. Patience is a virtue, so I'm told.

My impressions are probably pretty lame, but here it is.

I perceive you as a warrior in your younger years and you are gradually progressing into a place of greater wisdom...along with these changes you are discovering that you have a pretty remarkable capacity for patience.

Thing is, you always had this capacity for patience, else I sort of doubt you'd have hung around places like RFL all these years talking with dorks like me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

I agree but I'd like to add I prefer bills, preferably in large denominations. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:59 pm 
Policy Wonk

No, YOU are the one making accusations. Prove them, or retract them.

sounds like you are making accusations too

Quote:
gounion » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:02 pm wrote:

So, you're just talking out your ass, because someone don't share the undying blind love you share for Bernie.

Again, my problems with Bernie are fact-based. Why did he promise all the help to Canova against Wasserman Shultz, but now he won't do anything more than write one email?

I see your view: Anyone who isn't as crazy-far-left as you is a Republican. And facts won't sway your false assumption.

Just another purity judge.

So it looks like the only way for you to talk is out your ass.

or am I wrong?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

sounds like you are making accusations too

or am I wrong?

Hey, I'm pretty sure he said somewhere that I'm a Republican.

Must be some sort of alternate universe type-of-thing where someone would think that I'm a Republican.

I seriously doubt that GoU can express himself in the real world the way we see him doing here in the cyberspace realm. Way too much tongue-in-cheek, which I figure his real world job would not tolerate. So, I conclude that this forum is a bit of an outlet for him.

Still, I tend to feel that it would be nice if he could distinguish friend from foe, and regardless of his assessment, treat all of us with a bit more dignity and respect. But, hey, it's almost a certainty that I'm just pissing in the wind on that wish.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Must be some sort of alternate universe type-of-thing where someone would think that I'm a Republican.

I seriously doubt that GoU can express himself in the real world the way we see him doing here in the cyberspace realm. Way too much tongue-in-cheek, which I figure his real world job would not tolerate. So, I conclude that this forum is a bit of an outlet for him.

Still, I tend to feel that it would be nice if he could distinguish friend from foe, and regardless of his assessment, treat all of us with a bit more dignity and respect. But, hey, it's almost a certainty that I'm just pissing in the wind on that wish.

If only.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:45 pm 
Policy Wonk

yea I disagree with people sometimes but it doesn't mean I dislike or don't respect them still, not trying to destroy them as a person, and other times things come out wrong or are taken wrong lots of room for interpretation,tone,context and misinterpretation on the net. but I like to believe those things can be overcome by talkin it through or learning something that I didnt know or consider.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

yea I disagree with people sometimes but it doesn't mean I dislike or don't respect them still, not trying to destroy them as a person, and other times things come out wrong or are taken wrong lots of room for interpretation,tone,context and misinterpretation on the net. but I like to believe those things can be overcome by talkin it through or learning something that I didnt know or consider.

You know, GoU has had more than enough time (since his grand return some months back) to recognize that you are far and away one of the most gentle spoken and kindest individuals to share their thoughts with us at a place like RFL.

At times, when GoU starts giving you shit, it's about all I can do to not step in and slap his rude-ass, sorry-self back to another dimension.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:04 pm 
Policy Wonk

ShineOn wrote:
You know, GoU has had more than enough time (since his grand return some months back) to recognize that you are far and away one of the most gentle spoken and kindest individuals to share their thoughts with us at a place like RFL.

At times, when GoU starts giving you shit, it's about all I can do to not step in and slap his rude-ass, sorry-self back to another dimension.

well thanks for the compliment, you know Im not for that type of thing though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

well thanks for the compliment, you know Im not for that type of thing though.

That's sort of my point...it's so obvious with you that there really shouldn't even be any need to say anything at all.

Yet, somehow it gets my goat when I see someone go after you the way GoU did recently. Now, that is more of a reflection on me than anything else...why do I still have the tendency to want to become so combative?

Seems like a pathetic waste of time...and quite obviously it blocks the sunshine from coming in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next