RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:20 am 
Board Emeritus

I'm sorry to read what you are going through, Izzzatso. I hope you are able to find a good pair of reading glasses. I too am virtually blind without mine.

Uh, reading? My focal point without glasses is 3 inches. I can see nothing beyond that clearly. From 10 feet I can't read a billboard.

Under Sphere on the glasses RX, the OS is -10.50, pretty damn blind.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:24 am 
Board Emeritus

Uh, reading? My focal point without glasses is 3 inches. I can see nothing beyond that clearly. From 10 feet I can't read a billboard.

Under Sphere on the glasses RX, the OS is -10.50, pretty damn blind.

I just had my eyes done less than a year ago, prescription I mean, and now I need to do it again.

I broke my little toe on my left foot, ouch.

I have a colonoscopy in a few weeks, ugh.

My only child by blood is a homeless heroin addict (who wont talk to me because last time he asked for money I said no), but other than that I am doing pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:45 am 
Board Emeritus

I just had my eyes done less than a year ago, prescription I mean, and now I need to do it again.

I broke my little toe on my left foot, ouch.

I have a colonoscopy in a few weeks, ugh.

My only child by blood is a homeless heroin addict (who wont talk to me because last time he asked for money I said no), but other than that I am doing pretty good.

i'm fucking sorry. guess it's time for me to go away for a year or two. bye all

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

I dont understand that response.

I was responding to you only because it was the post above mine, and wanting it to feel like a community here the way we do in group therapy.

I was just sharing, nothing more or less. The part about my son I have told almost nobody, but as time goes by and shit gets more real in politics and so on I just figured what the hell.

In fact it was your comment about eyesight that caught my attention and got me to share, so thanks for getting me to share, but please help me understand your response. I dont want to judge, I want to understand.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, Izz, it isn't time for you to go away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm sorry - I know Lib does things that upset people here - but Izzy, in this case, I swear it definitely seems to me he was just doing the same thing as everybody else in the thread - not trying to minimize or belittle anybody else's pain or tell them to go away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm sorry - I know Lib does things that upset people here - but Izzy, in this case, I swear it definitely seems to me he was just doing the same thing as everybody else in the thread - not trying to minimize or belittle anybody else's pain or tell them to go away.

That never even occurred to me, at all.

I was sharing, building off of what he said about eyesight.

If anything, this thread was inspired by Izzy, his braveness to share with all of us his pain, something most wont do.

Inspired me to do the thread and then today I figured what the fuck, I will share the part about my son. Izzy is the reason for the thread and the reason others are probably more comfortable sharing, I know it makes it easier for me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

So is now the point I should tell everybody my Dad is battling Alzheimer's, and my Mom has cancer (lymphoma)?

Yeah, I'm not big into the personal sharing stuff, and at best, I usually do it privately.

Anyway, I'm fine. I think, anyway.

Oh yeah, other than bad shit is happening to both parental units at once, and I'm dealing with it, because my brothers live elsewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

So is now the point I should tell everybody my Dad is battling Alzheimer's, and my Mom has cancer (lymphoma)?

Yeah, I'm not big into the personal sharing stuff, and at best, I usually do it privately.

Oh yeah, other than bad shit is happening to both parental units at once, and I'm dealing with it, because my brothers live elsewhere.

Sounds rough, I mean cancer is terrible and all that but the Alzheimer's adds a dimension that is probably just terrible. I was lucky or my parents were, neither suffered much of anything other than both dying of old age.

I was lucky in that I didnt have to deal with them having Alzheimer's, I dont know how I would have done with that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

"In the micro-drama of loss, in other words, we are nearly always both villain and victim. That goes some way toward explaining why people often say that losing things drives them crazy."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:26 am 
Board Emeritus

:(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well I wish Izzy would come back, and I wish trump would go away, that is it for today.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

I was feeling OK until the gloom and doom on this board became the cure for sanity again. Now, having posted only here and about the Oscar fubar, I will be on my merry way, getting on with life in the real world.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

I was feeling OK until the gloom and doom on this board became the cure for sanity again. Now, having posted only here and about the Oscar fubar, I will be on my merry way, getting on with life in the real world.

:thumbup:

Agreed. I reached Righteous Anger Fatigue recently as well and am now doing what I can in the real world to move the needle a bit. My adrenals are exhausted and this has ceased to even be entertaining.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Today I'm in full burnout on the Righteous Anger, and getting there on the FTM (Frack The Media). Saw Truth last night. Flawed movie, directorial and backstory problems, but as I remember l'affaire Rather, pretty much the way it went down. I got angry last night thinking of how thoroughly this particular Republican dirty trick innoculated goober against some real baggage in his past.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:25 am 

getting ready for work....glad this is pay week, also its my monthly excursion to massage envy....I highly recommend it... 8-)

will go into work and make fun of our trumpanzee co-workers, then have a REAL discussion about another topic, usually brought up by one of us, today its my turn....my topic? WTF is going on with the L.A.Lakers?? :shock:

have a good one.... :mrgreen:

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.
LYNDON B. JOHNSON, 1960

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

The usual heirs fighting over the booty, coupled with Magic Johnson quietly becoming the next L.A. sports king (Dodgers, Lakers, and counting). Oh, and right now they don't have any top players.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

Sunny and warm (70 degrees) outside. Feeling great and moving about like I was 20 years younger.
Went to my usual Tuesday morning bowling session with friends and averaged 197 for four games. Came home and helped a neighbor put down a weed barrier in our complex so we can add a pair of Bird of Paradise plants, stepping stones, and wood chips. Getting ready to continue reading The Idiot by Fedor Dostoyevsky. Later tonight, I exercise by doing 30 minutes on my stationary bike and lift some weights.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 am 

The usual heirs fighting over the booty, coupled with Magic Johnson quietly becoming the next L.A. sports king (Dodgers, Lakers, and counting). Oh, and right now they don't have any top players.

this shyt is playin out like a shakesperean tragedy right now....

i'm also currently reading David Cay Johnston's book "The Making of Donald Trump"

so far, so good....

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.
LYNDON B. JOHNSON, 1960

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

When you lose something pray to St Anthony and he will help you find it. Really before you laugh try it and believe it and you will find what you lost.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

getting ready for work....glad this is pay week, also its my monthly excursion to massage envy....I highly recommend it... 8-)

will go into work and make fun of our trumpanzee co-workers, then have a REAL discussion about another topic, usually brought up by one of us, today its my turn....my topic? WTF is going on with the L.A.Lakers?? :shock:

have a good one.... :mrgreen:

You from Ohio? I am from one of the best places in the world. Mogadore Ohio.

http://www.mogadorevillage.org/

http://www.mogadorefootball.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

When you lose something pray to St Anthony and he will help you find it. Really before you laugh try it and believe it and you will find what you lost.

And if St. Anthony doesn't answer, what then?

Too many people are searching for happiness and the vast majority of them won't find it. Instead of searching for happiness, let happiness find you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

And if St. Anthony doesn't answer, what then?

Too many people are searching for happiness and the vast majority of them won't find it. Instead of searching for happiness, let happiness find you.

Praying to St Anthony focuses your mind and causes you to remember where you put the item. It is a mindtrick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

If it's a trick, you don't need to pray. You just need to focus.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:26 am 
Board Emeritus

If it's a trick, you don't need to pray. You just need to focus.

That incredibly loud "DOH" came from glen, not Homer Simpson.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next