Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Old School RRMB Member
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:05 am 

Howdy all,

I'm not sure if posters will remember me. I posted a lot on the old RRMB during her Air America days, and two other RRMB incarnations after she left AA. I wasn't posting as religiously during Randi's last gig on Clear Channel. After Randi went off the air, I lost contact with the RRMB community entirely. I tried to remain in contact on Nichole Sanders board, but it wasn't the same. I've been chatting on Randi's You Tube channel. A fellow chatter sent me this link. I seem to have found where many of Rhodes Scholars are hanging out these days. Nice to see many familiar names. Sorry I lost you!

Anyway glad Randi is back on the air. I'm living in the UK these days. Fearful for both the future of the UK, US, EU and globe with Alt Right Nazis attempting to destroy all the liberal democratic institutions. Hope to catch up.

Viva La Resistance!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Howdy all,

I'm not sure if posters will remember me. I posted a lot on the old RRMB during her Air America days, and two other RRMB incarnations after she left AA. I wasn't posting as religiously during Randi's last gig on Clear Channel. After Randi went off the air, I lost contact with the RRMB community entirely. I tried to remain in contact on Nichole Sanders board, but it wasn't the same. I've been chatting on Randi's You Tube channel. A fellow chatter sent me this link. I seem to have found where many of Rhodes Scholars are hanging out these days. Nice to see many familiar names. Sorry I lost you!

Anyway glad Randi is back on the air. I'm living in the UK these days. Fearful for both the future of the UK, US, EU and globe with Alt Right Nazis attempting to destroy all the liberal democratic institutions. Hope to catch up.

Viva La Resistance!

Yeah, sure you are BlueBuddha.

Get back to me when you find that old avatar, eh?

Haha.

Side note: Brother "viva la resistance" David is as vocal as ever but he doesn't hang out in this joint.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:59 am 
Board Emeritus

Brother David is currently modding, I believe, over at Randi's youtube chat.

Proviso; participating in chat is a bit like being on a MB where stuff you say disappears in about five seconds, as opposed to a day or so.

I still prefer MB's, but it seems Randi doesn't want one anymore.

As for Nicole Sandler's ... well, it's a story I'm tired of revisiting. One day she decided the people on the board weren't listening to the show, and it was gone.

Plus ... technical difficulties, and a tech guy who was a 9/11 truther head case.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hi BB! Long time no. Nice to see ya!

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:05 pm 
Policy Wonk

Welcome back!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Howdy all,

Viva La Resistance!

THERE you are :cool:

You are my savior at randi rhodes chat (lets not let anybody here know our screen names over there)

And NOW that I see your name, I remember you of course from RRMB

Wonderful to have you here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

welcome!

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:12 pm 
Policy Wonk

welcome back

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:19 am 
Board Emeritus

Hello!

I was a semi-regular on Randi's board (all versions of them). The message board format is a dinosaur compared to the new media--Facebook, twitter, Google+ (the latter not very popular to other members here except for me). But I still like it the best because it offers more of a discussion without outsiders jumping in and making it a thousand page derailment of mess.