It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 pm 
Policy Wonk

Speaking of pain:

Jeff Sessions is leading America back into Reefer Madness
The US attorney general is trying to undo the progress made in liberalizing marijuana consumption in the US. This will only lead to more people in jail
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -marijuana

He is, of course, even threatening to crack down on medical marijuana ...

https://www.wired.com/story/jeff-sessio ... all-wrong/

States that permit medical marijuana have fewer opioid overdose deaths. According to a 2014 study in JAMA Internal Medicine, the 13 states that enacted medical cannabis laws before 2010 had a 25 percent lower average annual opioid overdose mortality rate. Painkiller prescriptions go way down after introducing medical marijuana laws. In a 2016 Health Affairs study, researchers found that doctors in states where medical MJ was permissible, prescribed (on average) 1,826 fewer painkiller doses for Medicare patients between 2010 and 2013. Chronic pain patients who use pot don’t need as many painkillers. A 2015 study in the Journal of Pain found that patients in Michigan who visited local dispensaries were 64 percent less likely to report opioid use, which suggests weed could actually substitute for some painkillers.

[snip][end]

Ironically, Sessions' pot crackdown could make the opioid epidemic ... worse.

BTW: my aunt is now a medical cannabis user ... legal in Florida as of this year. Keebler Elf, leave her alone.

I complain about my pain, but I can't imagine the pain and motional pain veterans have to carry. We need to get our shit together and address the real issues our vets face when they're trying to re-enter civilian life. The present administration and political majority are skirting issues and creating outrage that is divisive and unhealthy for this country. I don't profess to have many answers but one I can give is that we need to get rid of trump and his minions for a start.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 pm 
Policy Wonk

I remember you, philathome. Nice to see ya

Hi, Carmen! I don't get here too often but I try to catch up on everything when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:43 pm 
Policy Wonk

I just followed you on twitter :)

Oh, shit- then you've seen what I've been up to! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(are we great again yet?)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:49 pm 
Policy Wonk

Think Marx and the reserve pool of labor. That is also behind the so-called education crisis. It is about profit and drones.

Btw, Hi Phil!

Hi, Bird.
Wow, things have escalated over the last year or so. I was banned from my local website last year forthreatening a guy (won't go into detail, but it was warranted) and since then the site has been taken over by right wing trolls that won't openly support the developing fascism, but just reading their posts is enough to get the point. Most of them are local business owners who work for the elite and they defend every screwed up policy being proposed. I was reading there last night, nd it's like watching the jerry springer show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

and sorry Phil i mean no disrespect, i'm just not important enough to create my own thread.

No problem. It's good for all of us to be together- old combat veterans from the RR show, the ESS message board (remember Parsnips? :lol: )
Air America (Holy shit, now we're really going back) and who knows where else.
I didn't frequent the RR show board much- I had it bookmarked, but I only posted there a few times way back. Glad you're here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Popped in to say hello, all. Been busy this last year- Tim is out of school and we're still getting him set up for post high school services (been working on it for the last 2 years- changes to Medicaid and OPWDD have been constant, and keeping up has been a problem- especially when cuts to Medicaid makes finding service providers very hard. Still plugging away, though.
The families fine, took a vacation to Florida back in April- the one we had to postpone last October because of the Hurricane. It was my son's birthday and Gail and my 25th anniversary, but we finally were able to get there.
I've been fine- my shoulder is shot, but with so much scar tissue from previous injuries the doctor doesn't want to risk surgery. Getting old really sucks. Shoulder, knees, hand...slowly breaking down....but I am still able to drag myself up and out every day.
I'll be checking in occasionally- Some of you know me on facebook, I can be found there, or on twitter (philathome01). I usually harass Trump and Pence when they post tweets. Usually good for a laugh or two. Trying to get blocked, but I haven't been able to- yet.

Nice Pic!

I haven't been around RFL much either - just too busy. I try to remember to pay the bills though!

Good to see you again (I see you on FB too.)!

-P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:32 pm 
Policy Wonk

Nice Pic!

I haven't been around RFL much either - just too busy. I try to remember to pay the bills though!

Good to see you again (I see you on FB too.)!

-P

I closed the account for now- some weird activity came from my account, so I shut it down for now. let's see what happens- maybe in a week or two down the road I'll check it out and see if it had any activity while I was gone.