RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:13 pm 
Policy Wonk

Popped in to say hello, all. Been busy this last year- Tim is out of school and we're still getting him set up for post high school services (been working on it for the last 2 years- changes to Medicaid and OPWDD have been constant, and keeping up has been a problem- especially when cuts to Medicaid makes finding service providers very hard. Still plugging away, though.
The families fine, took a vacation to Florida back in April- the one we had to postpone last October because of the Hurricane. It was my son's birthday and Gail and my 25th anniversary, but we finally were able to get there.
I've been fine- my shoulder is shot, but with so much scar tissue from previous injuries the doctor doesn't want to risk surgery. Getting old really sucks. Shoulder, knees, hand...slowly breaking down....but I am still able to drag myself up and out every day.
I'll be checking in occasionally- Some of you know me on facebook, I can be found there, or on twitter (philathome01). I usually harass Trump and Pence when they post tweets. Usually good for a laugh or two. Trying to get blocked, but I haven't been able to- yet.

Attachments:
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG [ 109.09 KiB | Viewed 743 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Popped in to say hello, all. Been busy this last year- Tim is out of school and we're still getting him set up for post high school services (been working on it for the last 2 years- changes to Medicaid and OPWDD have been constant, and keeping up has been a problem- especially when cuts to Medicaid makes finding service providers very hard. Still plugging away, though.
The families fine, took a vacation to Florida back in April- the one we had to postpone last October because of the Hurricane. It was my son's birthday and Gail and my 25th anniversary, but we finally were able to get there.
I've been fine- my shoulder is shot, but with so much scar tissue from previous injuries the doctor doesn't want to risk surgery. Getting old really sucks. Shoulder, knees, hand...slowly breaking down....but I am still able to drag myself up and out every day.
I'll be checking in occasionally- Some of you know me on facebook, I can be found there, or on twitter (philathome01). I usually harass Trump and Pence when they post tweets. Usually good for a laugh or two. Trying to get blocked, but I haven't been able to- yet.

yo, phil, hows it going. good to see you. really. see you.
yah the getting old thing...yah.

imho i think 'they' want injured and old to go die since theyre making this enormous
deal noise about people and pain meds. if old people dont, if vets dont,....need
them for being alive this long then who the fuck does. not our pols.

they just want to remove a sector of the population who will die from pain related issues,
its not the goddamn meds they give to relieve the pain.
ya know?

but i digress as usual.
:wave:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Speaking of pain:

Jeff Sessions is leading America back into Reefer Madness
The US attorney general is trying to undo the progress made in liberalizing marijuana consumption in the US. This will only lead to more people in jail
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -marijuana

He is, of course, even threatening to crack down on medical marijuana ...

https://www.wired.com/story/jeff-sessio ... all-wrong/

States that permit medical marijuana have fewer opioid overdose deaths. According to a 2014 study in JAMA Internal Medicine, the 13 states that enacted medical cannabis laws before 2010 had a 25 percent lower average annual opioid overdose mortality rate. Painkiller prescriptions go way down after introducing medical marijuana laws. In a 2016 Health Affairs study, researchers found that doctors in states where medical MJ was permissible, prescribed (on average) 1,826 fewer painkiller doses for Medicare patients between 2010 and 2013. Chronic pain patients who use pot don’t need as many painkillers. A 2015 study in the Journal of Pain found that patients in Michigan who visited local dispensaries were 64 percent less likely to report opioid use, which suggests weed could actually substitute for some painkillers.

[snip][end]

Ironically, Sessions' pot crackdown could make the opioid epidemic ... worse.

BTW: my aunt is now a medical cannabis user ... legal in Florida as of this year. Keebler Elf, leave her alone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Chronic pain patients who use pot don’t need as many painkillers.

veterans will attest to this.

picking this issue strikes many people as a threat in that the preference seems those in
need of some relief go die.

veterans are killing themselves due to pain issues not being treated or dealt with.
as well, the outrageous number of 98,000 DIE each year from medical fuckups.

those, that, those numbers are outrageous but not a peep from the blowhards on it.

this 'opioid' thingy is a bullshit distraction. no one covers the daily shooting deaths anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:23 am 
Board Emeritus

I remember you, philathome. Nice to see ya

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

veterans will attest to this.

picking this issue strikes many people as a threat in that the preference seems those in
need of some relief go die.

veterans are killing themselves due to pain issues not being treated or dealt with.
as well, the outrageous number of 98,000 DIE each year from medical fuckups.

those, that, those numbers are outrageous but not a peep from the blowhards on it.

this 'opioid' thingy is a bullshit distraction. no one covers the daily shooting deaths anymore.

All of this is because the ultra-privileged class, which is worldwide and runs by its own rules (or lack thereof), really does want all of us dead. Resistance is not a word taken romantically from sanitized historical accounts of WWII, nor is it inspired by Star Wars, though sometimes you'd think it was. The name came about precisely because the perception of many is that the situation is the most existential since WWII. It is a struggle of the first order, and this time the bad guys aren't wearing uniforms and drawing fire. It's more complicated than that. Meanwhile, even James Taylor is doing the stand and fight riff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

All of this is because the ultra-privileged class, which is worldwide and runs by its own rules (or lack thereof), really does want all of us dead. Resistance is not a word taken romantically from sanitized historical accounts of WWII, nor is it inspired by Star Wars, though sometimes you'd think it was. The name came about precisely because the perception of many is that the situation is the most existential since WWII. It is a struggle of the first order, and this time the bad guys aren't wearing uniforms and drawing fire. It's more complicated than that. Meanwhile, even James Taylor is doing the stand and fight riff.

resistance means your life or your death by all accounts of life and death on this planet.

if nooze covered daily how many lives are wiped out, and, how large the population grows Daily
Despite deaths...many things about daily life might change....and prolly not for the better which
is why so few ever bring it up.
the mass of human life on some continents is moving, on the move, at rates no country
can keep up with. aid Orgs know the numbers but meh, who wants to listen to them.

there are populations being left to die daily and die they do. nooze doesnt notice becuz
corp wallst doesnt want them to. the dead were under-serving the rich and wasting space anglos
can and will use for drilling.

in the US....the old and the poor. thats a lot of humans not wanted anymore.
there aint enough room to bury them all so burn they will.
..and few will even notice.

a few weeks back driving into the city, i and everyone else driving at that time, drove past
a body lying on the sidewalk. was it dead? ... could be by the flattened nature of the body
position. sure didnt look like someone taking a nap.
and we all just drove on by.
ill never forget that. never forget that i too drove on by.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

we are expendable mi amigos. we are a drag on the pockets of the 2% who only keep majority
of lessor humans around in hopes they will have money to spend, er, give, to the 2% who are
selling shit to everyone on the planet. somehow giving the 2% money for some plastic piece of shit
doesnt register with the population as it once did. ohboy now the 2% are In Trouble.

they just need a few suckers around to buy their shit otherwise theyd work to get rid of anyone
who isnt...rich.
thats about the only quality jared and his ilk consider....if youre born with money you can hang around.
no money?....um, tuff shit you dont get nuthin, no med no food no squat no nuthin.

yet they dont want to hand out birth control. go figure. :?

so, to me then, that just indicates how much they like having slaves around.
no slaves who would they bitch and complain about? ....themselves??
oh lordy, i make myself laugh. :rw) :rw) :rw)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:13 pm 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:arrow: Hey! phil!! Good to see you. Yes, it has been quite a while~ :hnk:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:33 am 
Board Emeritus

I just followed you on twitter :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Think Marx and the reserve pool of labor. That is also behind the so-called education crisis. It is about profit and drones.

Btw, Hi Phil!

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:00 am 

i'm thread jacking this as i like the title. :D hello all, been a shitty 4 yrs but I AM back now. have missed everyone so much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:38 am 
Board Emeritus

Glad to see you are still on this earth, earthy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:48 am 

Glad to see you are still on this earth, earthy.
good to see you too Seeker.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:56 am 
Board Emeritus

i'm thread jacking this as i like the title. :D hello all, been a shitty 4 yrs but I AM back now. have missed everyone so much.

It's good to see you. I remember you going way back from the Randi Rhodes boards.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 am 

It's good to see you. I remember you going way back from the Randi Rhodes boards.
indeed. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:07 am 

and sorry Phil i mean no disrespect, i'm just not important enough to create my own thread.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:46 am 
Policy Wonk

Great to see you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:06 pm 

Great to see you!
so good to see you. :D thank you for reminding me about this place!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:34 pm 
Policy Wonk

Hey Earthy welcome back

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hi Earthy!

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:20 am 

Hey Earthy welcome back

thanks. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:21 am 

Hi Earthy!

Hi Carmen! :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:32 pm 
Policy Wonk

yo, phil, hows it going. good to see you. really. see you.
yah the getting old thing...yah.

imho i think 'they' want injured and old to go die since theyre making this enormous
deal noise about people and pain meds. if old people dont, if vets dont,....need
them for being alive this long then who the fuck does. not our pols.

they just want to remove a sector of the population who will die from pain related issues,
its not the goddamn meds they give to relieve the pain.
ya know?

but i digress as usual.
:wave:

I ain't gonna die- if all the broken bones and two strokes didn't kill me, good luck trying. Besides- only the good die young. if there's any truth to that, I'm gonna live forever.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:33 pm 
Policy Wonk

:arrow: Hey! phil!! Good to see you. Yes, it has been quite a while~ :hnk:

I see you on facebook. I don't get much time to socialize there, usually I'm at work and just re-posting stuff I come across, but I'll be sure to say hi.