Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: A [bad] Day in the Life
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here is how a bad day for a trucker unfolds. First when I got up at 5am it was 83 degrees and my truck's air won't work at the idle so I slept in that heat all night. Then when I got to San Antonio it was raining like Noah's flood and three attempts to get to my consignee failed due to closed [flooded roads].

I then went to a truck stop to come up with plan B. Which was find a fourth route which I did. Leaving the flooded parking lot a ran into a hole that might have damaged my LF Rim. I will know in the AM if the tire is low.

I then made it to the Cons where I sat inline for 4 hours for my turn at the dock. When I got into the dock I was told I had the wrong paperwork and to leave the dock and go to the office on the other side of the building. After another hour I got the paperwork straightened out and was back in the dock.

While being unloaded one of the skids toppled over scattering cargo everywhere. Which being non-union I was allowed to help pick up. [no charge] I then was finally unloaded hours after my original appointment time.

I then received a phone call from the company I have my equipment leased to wanting to know why I was late. As the person I report to forgot to tell the person she reports to what was going on as I kept them completely updated during the day.

I then got to the truck stop and ate a sub par buffet that cost me $20 with tip. I then went back to my truck where some idiot from Blue Beacon forced me to move from a completely safe and legal spot because it was on their property. [ along wit 4 other trucks]

I then had to park in the pay lot across the street costing me another $10.

Then I was told no idling [my truck will idle for 15 to 20 minutes] because of the hotel.

And that is what constitutes a bad Monday in the trucking world.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quit fucking lying about unions. You just can't help yourself, can you?

Here's the truth: Union workers are more productive than non-union workers. They are also more skilled.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:31 pm 
Policy Wonk

yea, hear it can get quite bad at times

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quit fucking lying about unions. You just can't help yourself, can you?

Here's the truth: Union workers are more productive than non-union workers. They are also more skilled.

I am not going to argue with you about this. Because anyone who ever has to deal with Union Workers on a one on one basis know the truth. Union workers are lazy, don't give a shit about the job and will not do one lick of work beyond what the minimal requirement is.

Which is why so many of the Union places I used to go are now no longer there. Like the American Can place I used to go in Missouri where those hard working union men got there minimal volume of work done in less than 4 hours. Then spent the rest of the shift playing cards.

Or the retired brewery workers I used to play poker with in Milwaulkee who used to sit around and brag about what little work they used to do. Yes those breweries are no longer there.

Then there is my personal favorite, the place on the Jersey side of Philly where that hard working caring Unionman refused to unload 2 pallets and about 6 boxes because somebody forgot to schedule an appointment. [it would have taken maybe 10 minutes] Not caring that he was working for a building supply company and contractors were waiting for that freight. Along with the contractors at the other stops on the trailer. I don't know if that place is still in business but, if I had to bet.......

It isn't the pay or the benefits that cause those companies to close or relocate. It is the lack of production. The lack of caring and the I don't give a shit attitude. As any person that ever has to deal with a union joint knows all to well.

https://www.forbes.com/2011/07/08/labor ... omics.html