RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:52 am 
Board Emeritus

I hear about bills being drafted for lowering taxes, what is occurring in the Russia investigation, and republicans testing the waters for a possible run for president (under the assumption dumb dumb won't be there).

But then I hear this:
North Korea has said it is considering a missile strike on the US Pacific territory of Guam, just hours after Donald Trump warned the regime that any threat to the United States would be met with “fire and fury”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... -fire-fury

Will anything else matter when we're either fried to a crisp or suffering the aftereffects of nuclear radiation?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:17 am 
Board Emeritus

My question is what has Guam ever done to Kim Jong Un.

These are some Chamorro girls from Guam. Far too cute to nuke.

Some more Chamorro.

Again, what have they ever done to him?

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:28 am 
Board Emeritus

Apparently, N. Korea has nuclear missiles that have the range of reaching a U.S. territory. This is no laughing matter. Im seriously worried. And the dumbasses on Facebook, OMG! You should read some of the comments in posts about this. Highlights include blaming Obama for not taking care of it, Trump is showing strength...etc. One asswipe, who apparently is too young to understand the consequences of nuclear war, said he would "vote" for the war. I told him that if he voted for Trump, he already vote for war. Now go enlist!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:31 am 
Board Emeritus

But that's my point - Kim Jong Un is threatening Guam because it's a U.S. territory and within range. That's it.

Meanwhile, if only someone had warned us about Trump Jong Un.

Oh wait. They did.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 am 
Board Emeritus

The Trump administration is the Bush administration on steroids. It will be a repeat of the Bush years with all the corruption, incompetence and wars. We have 63 million Americans and an archaic system to thank for that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:19 am 
Board Emeritus

Here's one of your favorite wing nuts on parade, Rita.

Betty Bowers tweets under this picture: "Radical Cleric Calls for Jihad"

(This wing nut said if Trump nukes North Korea, he will be "doing G-d's bidding.")

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

I've been thinking about what North Korea is threatening to do to Guam. I've looked at the wording they used.

"Pyongyang says it will launch four missiles into waters ‘30-40km’ off US territory in Pacific Ocean"

"“enveloping” the island."

“The Hwasong-12 rockets to be launched by the KPA [Korean People’s Army] will cross the sky above Shimani, Hiroshima and Koichi prefectures of Japan,” the statement said. “They will fly for 3,356.7 km for 1,065 seconds and hit the waters 30 to 40km away from Guam.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... f-nonsense

These new pieces fit together with previous statements, and I'm beginning to think what North Korea plans to do is combine a demonstration of power with an atmospheric test of their new warheads.

Up to date we've seen them testing their missiles, empty missiles. They have to at some point test the whole system including the warheads.

I don't think they will be two stage megaton range warheads, I think they will be kiloton range single stage warheads, uranium or composite blend pits. I don't think they have produced anyways near enough plutonium yet to begin producing the plutonium trigger they would need to go to two stage warhead development much less full production of megaton range warheads.

Now think about it,,, what on Earth can we do about it if they place a ring of fire “enveloping” the island," “enveloping” but not striking directly at the island's center, and no one dies on the island, and nothing is damaged by that “enveloping” ring of fire?

That's the box I think we're in. :|

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

b666h was in no way relative to this ignoramus. b666h ignorance was born more of being forced into
positions his family wanted, not what he wanted. he was lousy a playing the game.

groper45 on the other hand is a malicious narcissist with angry evil intent he cant keep to himself.
even kimJ can SEE this now. kimJ will play him, Too.

soon its too easy to play him, then i dont know what happens. maybe the mil will secure the WH.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:16 pm 
Policy Wonk

Quote:
TIM SHORROCK: Well, you know, starting in the Obama administration, when tensions became high with North Korea, the U.S. began routinely flying B-1—B-2B bombers from Guam to the Korean airspace. Sometimes they’ve been accompanied by Japanese fighters on the way, and then they’re picked up by South Korean fighters as they enter Korean airspace. And, you know, these bombers, while not nuclear-capable, they are capable of widespread destruction. They have incredible amounts of ordnance inside that could probably destroy half of North Korea. And the U.S. has been sending these planes over routinely from Guam, and they did it as recently as two days ago. And so, I think North Korea’s statement was, you know, a warning to the United States that it’s very aware of the base where these planes fly out of and that they may have the capability to shoot missiles at this base

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/8/10/ ... g_war_with

If US planes hit North Korea then they will be coming from Guam.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes, there are several U.S. military bases there.

But, as I was pointing out, there are people who live there, about 65,000 Chamorro, most of whom have nothing to do with the base.

AFAICT, everybody's posturing anyway, and AFAICT the current threat from Lil Kim is to drop some non-nuclear weapons near Guam, just to piss off the Japanese (too), Trump, and to show they can do it.

Rachel Maddow pointed out, correctly, tonight, that only the DIA is reporting that North Korea can and is miniaturizing nuclear warheads to put in their ballistic missiles; so far other foreign or domestic intelligence agencies have not seconded these findings.

Yeah, this looks a lot like ridiculous over the top over-reaction. Perhaps a bit of wagging the dog?

Oh and one more thing: Also on Rachel, Ted Lieu discussed about a bill in Congress requiring an act of Congress for a nuclear first strike which would not allow the C-i-C to do so unilaterally. I hope this goes forward.
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/33179 ... ke-ability

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:11 am 
Board Emeritus

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/8/10/ ... g_war_with

If US planes hit North Korea then they will be coming from Guam.

Tim Shorrock's statement is pretty weird. He said "flying B-1—B-2B bombers from Guam"

All B-1 bombers are B-1B models. The only 2 remaining B-1A bombers were rebuilt into being B-1B's years ago, and i don't know if they are still around now. It is true the B-1B bombers cannot carry nuclear bombs anymore, the bomb arming consoles were removed years ago.

There is no such thing as a B-2B. All 20 of the B-2's are B-2's. They're so expensive and rare they're individually named like navy ships are. They can carry both nuclear and conventional bombs. They can also fly out of the mainland US, reach North Korea, and then return to the mainland US. However they can deploy from Guam.

This is the really weird part: "They have incredible amounts of ordnance inside that could probably destroy half of North Korea."

That's such an incredible outrageous exaggeration that it doesn't even reach the level of being one hundredth of one percent truthful. One could send 10,000 conventionally armed B-1B sorties into North Korea and not destroy half of it. Or a similar number of B-2 conventionally armed sorties.

I would not consider the B-1B's as aircraft which can survive well over North Korea, they haven't been up to the task of penetration into that hostile an airspace for years. That's why they took the nuclear arming consols out of them, and refit them to carry conventional weapons.

What they can do is stay in the air for very long periods of time, and carry large mixed loads of both guided and gravity bombs over an area in which the Air Force has obtained full air superiority, and be on call to launch ground assist munitions as needed during the day and night.

Suppose some troops on the ground in a place like Iraq or Afghanistan get in trouble, they radio for help, and the B-1B loitering on call overhead drops what they need in two to fifteen minutes, and then guides the weapon(s) to their precise pinpoint target.

If they send them over North Korea before the Air Force has obtained air superiority, and has cleansed the ground of the larger ground to air missiles, they will be vulnerable to being shot down.

The B-2's can survive over North Korea doing penetration raids, but we only have 20 of them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:15 am 
Board Emeritus

China sends message through the People's Daily state owned Global Times newspaper in an editorial: the Beijing government speaking to itself:

Quote:
The widely read state-run Global Times, published by the ruling Communist Party's official People's Daily, wrote in an editorial that Beijing is not able to persuade either Washington or Pyongyang to back down. "It needs to make clear its stance to all sides and make them understand that when their actions jeopardize China's interests, China will respond with a firm hand," said the paper, which does not represent government policy.

"China should also make clear that if North Korea launches missiles that threaten U.S. soil first and the U.S. retaliates, China will stay neutral," it added.

"If the U.S. and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so."

Reporting by Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nort ... SKBN1AR005

If you read the People's Daily papers you will see that odd government speaking to itself pattern from time to time.

In that quoted portion Reuters wrote, "said the paper, which does not represent government policy."

I disagree with that assessment, the Reuters author didn't understand, the People's Daily is an official organ of the state, and its subsidiary the Global Times does represent government policy, especially when it speaks in that odd government speaking to itself pattern.

Think of it like this, when someone mutters under their breath to themselves, they're serious.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 am 
Board Emeritus

Here's one of your favorite wing nuts on parade, Rita.

Betty Bowers tweets under this picture: "Radical Cleric Calls for Jihad"

(This wing nut said if Trump nukes North Korea, he will be "doing G-d's bidding.")

What a disgusting evil hateful little man. Jesus would despise him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:02 am 
Board Emeritus

Oh and one more thing: Also on Rachel, Ted Lieu discussed about a bill in Congress requiring an act of Congress for a nuclear first strike which would not allow the C-i-C to do so unilaterally. I hope this goes forward.
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/33179 ... ke-ability

They better get on the ball and do it fast.