Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: The Party of Roy Moore
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:38 am 
Board Emeritus

With it's election of a serial sexual predator to the WH and stumping for a child molester, the republican party has now become the Party of Roy Moore. It embraces right wing religious authoritarianism and economic terrorism.

We have Mitch McConnell backpeddling on his stance that Moore's accusers were telling the truth to Oh well, if the voters want him who am I to judge. And we have elitists snob Chuck Grassley trashing his constituents by saying they offer nothing to the economy except the sale of beer and the chasing of tail.

They know now that they can start coming out of the closet and show the country what they are---SHIT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

We have Mitch McConnell backpeddling on his stance that Moore's accusers were telling the truth to Oh well, if the voters want him who am I to judge.

That's basically what Chucklenuts-Sanders said when asked about the 16 (or is it 20? the number seems to keep growing) female accusers of Donald Trump. "The voters spoke."

But that's a fascinating question. While I can't disagree with her claim that he got elected despite these accusations (I note something happened that was very similar with the Gropenfuhrer who took over his reality show, Ahhhhhnold the Govinator) ... do we really know whether these voters believed they were all liars ... or, to look at it from a more Ikean perspective ... just didn't care even if their allegations were true? (*) There's a third possibility, of course, that they are so ignorant they weren't even aware this was the case.

And, BTW, while I agree 16 people all saying similar things isn't rock-clad evidence (or 9), that's a lot of smoke pointing to fire, and it's also not true that just because enough people believed them to be liars, that they are actually liars. The problem is, SHS seems to think one follows from the other.

(*) There had to be some percentage of women voters in that 2nd group, and that I find astounding, but then we do have these A-As attending Confederate rallies. As I recall, there was some woman at a Trump rally wearing a "grab my pussy" T-shirt.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 am 
Board Emeritus

(*) There had to be some percentage of women voters in that 2nd group, and that I find astounding, but then we do have these A-As attending Confederate rallies. As I recall, there was some woman at a Trump rally wearing a "grab my pussy" T-shirt.

I doubt they'd be wearing one if the candidate was Bill Clinton.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 am 
Board Emeritus

It is not and never has been about anything other than power. Those same people that support Roy Moore and Republicans because libruls are satanic, anti-‘Murica communists who give money away to black people will bitch when they don’t get their government subsidies no matter the form it takes.

I caught the last 15 seconds of some woman who I guess is some spokesperson for Moore’s campaign saying the people of Alabama weren’t gonna let the media and libruls dictate to them. That same woman would likely have raised holy hell had some 30 year old come sniffing around her 14 year old daughter. And I would bet she bitched about Bill Clinton.

There is no sense of shared community anymore. The break started by Reagan has opened into a chasm.

And, yes, Glen, it is entirely the fault of the right.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

You may be thinking of Janet Porter. She's a right wing christfacist loon who made the claim that anointing voting ballots with holy oil is what won George W Bush the election in FL.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:23 am 
Board Emeritus

You may be thinking of Janet Porter. She's a right wing christfacist loon who made the claim that anointing voting ballots with holy oil is what won George W Bush the election in FL.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: And that children is what's known as "shit for brains".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:24 pm 
Policy Wonk

Roy Moore is the last straw, you can now call me a Democrat

Quote:
The GOP would rather elect a sexual predator who preys on teenagers than a prosecutor who happens to be a Democrat. That's it, I'm switching parties.

My first exposure to politics was at the local level.

I was a 16-year old Junior at Escondido High School who was selected to be a part of a new Youth Commission that was created in the aftermath of the mass shooting at Columbine High School.

I’ll never forget the very first City Council meeting I attended. While I was expecting an elevated exchange of ideas, what I witnessed was a political fight that culminated with the mayor banging her gavel more than 50 times to silence a fellow councilmember...............