Me and the Snake

Introduce Yourself! Reintroduce Yourself!

Let's get to know each other...

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

glenfs
Board Emeritus

Me and the Snake

Post by glenfs »

While unhooking my trailer at a Lowes DC in Texas I discovered a small Rattle Snake wrapped up where I attach my air and electric lines to the cab. Had it been dark out I would have never seen him. Welcome to Texas.
"my choice is for people like you to be deported -Ike Bana 5/13/18

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

gounion
Board Emeritus

Re: Me and the Snake

Post by gounion »

glenfs » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:32 pm wrote:While unhooking my trailer at a Lowes DC in Texas I discovered a small Rattle Snake wrapped up where I attach my air and electric lines to the cab. Had it been dark out I would have never seen him. Welcome to Texas.
How did you get rid of the snake?

glenfs
Board Emeritus

Post by glenfs »

gounion » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:47 pm wrote: How did you get rid of the snake?
I called security and they came out with a 2x4 which was pretty much worthless but it did seem to stun him. He was pretty small so when he stuck his head up I caught his head with the nail puller end of the wrecking bar I carry wrapped it around and deposited him in the grass.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

ZoWie
Board Emeritus

Post by ZoWie »

We get rattlers in L.A., but I never heard of one in a truck before. One guy did get one in his mailbox, but it was put there by some group he'd offended.

Snake in the grass, indeed.

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

I’d suggest using your truck’s fire extinguisher. Stand back a reasonable distance and give it a long shot of cold CO2 and the snake will leave. Of course, you’d need to get a new fire extinguisher but you can keep the old one if it’s not completely empty, just in case it happens again.
When you vote Left you vote right.

Motor City
Policy Wonk

Post by Motor City »

should get one of those tools

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc9GW3zeIro[/BBvideo]

glenfs
Board Emeritus

Post by glenfs »

Number6 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:50 pm wrote:I’d suggest using your truck’s fire extinguisher. Stand back a reasonable distance and give it a long shot of cold CO2 and the snake will leave. Of course, you’d need to get a new fire extinguisher but you can keep the old one if it’s not completely empty, just in case it happens again.
That is a great idea, where were you when I needed you. :D

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

glenfs » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:48 am wrote:
That is a great idea, where were you when I needed you. :D
I'm wired a bit differently when it comes to problem solving. That's not to say everything I think of is a great idea but it's often an approach no one else thought of.
When you vote Left you vote right.