The Critical Race Theory/so-called Cancel Culture Thread

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: The Critical Race Theory/so-called Cancel Culture Thread

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:30 pm Joe, you believe what you've said so you didn't lie.

But what you've said that is false is what you believe.

:|

We've had wave after wave, why are their waves is the question that needs an answer.

What I propose is the answer is that when a wave crests it is because folks get scared and they distance more and wear masks more wherever they go, and that causes the wave to crest then diminish.

Then when the wave has diminished the folks lose their fear and go back to their normal lives, they stop distancing and stop wearing masks as much, and then the infections mount and that sets off the next wave.

The masks work very well when most of the folks wear them most of the time. The proof is in the answer to that question, why are there waves?

Vaccination will not answer that question because we had waves before we had vaccine. Masks and distancing were the only thing we had for those first waves.

:)
:lol: keep begging the white-conservative sociopath to see it your way.

Hey, why not try putting burnt cork on your face and getting down on your knees and singing "Mammy." That always works so well with them.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:19 pm :lol: keep begging the white-conservative sociopath to see it your way.

Hey, why not try putting burnt cork on your face and getting down on your knees and singing "Mammy." That always works so well with them.
I'm not begging. Why are you here?

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Today in Just Be Civil and Comply With Whatever the White-Is-Right Conservatives Want And Hey Maybe They'll Be Nicer To Us Because That Has Always Worked So Well Throughout History:
sam lefthand wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:28 pm

^another person who has never read even three words of actual critical race theory in his life...

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by JoeMemphis »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:30 pm Joe, you believe what you've said so you didn't lie.

But what you've said that is false is what you believe.

We've had wave after wave, why are their waves is the question that needs an answer.

What I propose is the answer is that when a wave crests it is because folks get scared and they distance more and wear masks more wherever they go, and that causes the wave to crest then diminish.

Then when the wave has diminished the folks lose their fear and go back to their normal lives, they stop distancing and stop wearing masks as much, and then the infections mount and that sets off the next wave.

The masks work very well when most of the folks wear them most of the time. The proof is in the answer to that question, why are there waves?

Vaccination will not answer that question because we had waves before we had vaccine. Masks and distancing were the only thing we had for those first waves.

I can’t explain every wave. But I think it has more to do with other factors besides masks. Seasonality, variants, etc. Once mask mandates were lifted the first time and then reinstated, fewer businesses enforced the mandates and fewer people wore masks. Call it Covid fatigue I guess. So call me a skeptic on masks. I followed whatever was required by the local health regulation despite my misgivings.

As I said before, the only thing I’ve seen that really impacted the numbers was the vaccines. Hopefully the therapeutic drugs will have as big an impact.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:38 pm I can’t explain every wave. But I think it has more to do with other factors besides masks. Seasonality, variants, etc. Once mask mandates were lifted the first time and then reinstated, fewer businesses enforced the mandates and fewer people wore masks. Call it Covid fatigue I guess. So call me a skeptic on masks. I followed whatever was required by the local health regulation despite my misgivings.

As I said before, the only thing I’ve seen that really impacted the numbers was the vaccines. Hopefully the therapeutic drugs will have as big an impact.
What you are saying simply isn’t factual. Actual numbers show it to be false. Masks work. Why do you think there aren’t any superspreader events linked to airplane flights?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:38 pm I can’t explain every wave.
And you've never read even one sentence of critical race theory in your propagandized, rightwing life.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:32 pm Today in Just Be Civil and Comply With Whatever the White-Is-Right Conservatives Want And Hey Maybe They'll Be Nicer To Us Because That Has Always Worked So Well Throughout History:

^another person who has never read even three words of actual critical race theory in his life...
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:19 pm :lol: keep begging the white-conservative sociopath to see it your way.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:52 pm
First Black high school principal in Texas town ousted over allegations he pushed critical race theory - Chron
Principal James Whitfield submitted his resignation to the school board during a closed session meeting on Monday, November 8, after members voted in September to not renew his contract.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

I sure would hate to live in Texas.

I wonder if James Whitfield has read three words of the critical race theory.

He has an education degree, not a law degree for which he might have needed to read that legal race theory.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:01 pm
Read some -- any -- critical race theory.

It's clear that you haven't.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

This Is What Racial Purity Cons Do Not Want To Be Taught. Just Think, People Learning Racism Is Wrong....What's Next.....Equality?

Prior Lake Student Says She Was Target of Racist Attack, Demands Accountbility.

https://kstp.com/news/prior-lake-studen ... y/6297475/.

How dare this 14-Years Old African-American Girl demand accountability for the disgusting behavior of White Student.....we can never teach that racism is wrong.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:36 amwe can never teach that racism is wrong.
Conservative whites do not believe racism is wrong.

They think they're the victims of racism when you criticize their lifestyle choice.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:24 pm Read some -- any -- critical race theory.

It's clear that you haven't.
Show some of it to us.

When I want someone to read something or to watch a video I give them a link or quote it in a post, sometimes both.

I want you to watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7v_TdLviUE
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:58 am

troll

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Business executives and wealthy Republican donors helped fund attacks on critical race theory during campaigns - CNBC
Several business executives and wealthy donors helped fund groups that targeted critical race theory, which was a hot-button issue during elections this fall, campaign finance records show.

The fight over critical race theory, an academic concept taught primarily in college- and graduate-level courses, was especially prominent in the Virginia gubernatorial race. Republican Glenn Youngkin defeated Democratic former Gov. Terry McAuliffe after pushing to ban the teaching of critical race theory in the commonwealth’s schools.

The battle over the concept is likely to heat up further with next year’s midterm elections on the horizon. Republican officials have already signaled that education issues such as the teaching of critical race theory will be a campaign focus. Critical race theory, also known as CRT, is an academic approach to studying the impact of racism. Conservatives have recently used the term to describe any anti-racism discussion or even any mention of race in schools.
1776 Action, a separate dark money group that also opposes critical race theory and is supported by people linked to former President Donald Trump, such as Newt Gingrich and Ben Carson, has donated $10,000 to the Fight for Schools PAC. The Presidential Coalition, which was founded by longtime Trump ally David Bossie, has given $5,000 to Fight for Schools.

Another anti-CRT organization, the 1776 Project PAC, has backed school board candidates in various states, including Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey and Ohio. The group was founded by author and political commentator Ryan Girdusky,

The 1776 Project PAC received a $1,000 donation from Pete Farrell, the chairman and founder of medical equipment company ResMed. Eric Gray, the vice president of insurance company Gray & Co., donated the same amount to the committee.

Both Girdusky of the 1776 Project and Prior of Fight for Schools noted in separate statements to CNBC that their committees were largely funded by small dollar donors. Records show that PACs combined have raised over $735,000.
Conservative whites and their grinning, tapdancing minstrels are being manipulated by deep-pocket propagandists.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:09 amtroll
And I suppose you're Cohen the Barbarian standing there next to me.

If you wonder what that's all about watch that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7v_TdLviUE

If you want me to read some, any, critical race theory then provide a link to some.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:58 am
A Trolling Troll That Trolls.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:24 am If you want me to read some, any, critical race theory then provide a link to some.
These seem like good starting points.

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/what- ... ck/2021/05
https://bookriot.com/critical-race-theory-books/
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/cr ... ace-theory
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:24 am
troll

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:26 am A Trolling Troll That Trolls.
Troll is trolling.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:26 am A Trolling Troll That Trolls.
It sounds like you're going fishing in a boat.

Have fun!

On topic, have you found and read any critical race theory?

Carmen's been getting after us to read some, but she's being ornery and has not provided a link to some.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:38 amCarmen's been getting after us
"Us"?
to read some, but she's being ornery and has not provided a link to some.
I've provided a ton of links on this topic across several threads, over the past year.

Read it, or don't. But if you're going to comment on it without having ever read any and it shows, don't be get indignant when I remind you of it.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

Excellent X, an actual starting place to find something about the topic to read.

:D

Once I had a title of a book I looked at Google books and found a good preview of the book, about half of it is in the preview, that makes it something substantially accessible to forum members here. Here's a link to that for anyone who actually wants to read some of what is about:

https://books.google.com/books?id=ruoTC ... IC&f=false

Thanks, over the next coupe days I'll read from it.