Now the GOP Won't Participate in Presidential Debates

News and events of the day
Drak

Now the GOP Won't Participate in Presidential Debates

Post by Drak »

Run by the Commission on Presidential Debates. Another red flag they want to end Democracy.

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen - Verified @NoLieWithBTC
JUST IN: RNC Chair Ronna Romney McDaniel just announced that the Republican Party will require Republican nominees to NOT participate in presidential debates that are run by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

The commission has run the debates for 34 years.

This is no doubt, an order from Donald Trump. Who had beef with the commission last year after he got owned by Biden.
Last edited by Drak on Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Number6

Re: Now the GOP Won't Participate in Presidential Debates

Post by Number6 »

As Thom Hartmann pointed out on his program today, in the past it was the League of Women Voters who held the Presidential Debates and they asked tough questions. The republicans decided they didn't want the League of Women Voters to run the debates, because of the tough questions, so they pushed to establish the Commission on Presidential Debates. Now, the republicans don't like the Commission on Presidential Debate, because of the hard questions, and so they're wanting to prevent their nominee from participating in any Presidential Debate. I think what they'll push for is for only Fox News to hold the Presidential Debates so they're candidate will get "softball" questions and the Democratic candidate will get tough questions.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:49 pm As Thom Hartmann pointed out on his program today, in the past it was the League of Women Voters who held the Presidential Debates and they asked tough questions. The republicans decided they didn't want the League of Women Voters to run the debates, because of the tough questions, so they pushed to establish the Commission on Presidential Debates. Now, the republicans don't like the Commission on Presidential Debate, because of the hard questions, and so they're wanting to prevent their nominee from participating in any Presidential Debate. I think what they'll push for is for only Fox News to hold the Presidential Debates so they're candidate will get "softball" questions and the Democratic candidate will get tough questions.
Yeah, debates and such are gone forever, or until cons like those here decide they are patriots.

Voting won't matter either when half the states will REFUSE to certify ANY election they lose or send the electors appropriate to a loss, etc.

Covid is gonna get worse while at the same time the fascists will do their thing. I believe 100% there will not be a voting rights law passed and in November there will be chaos when the traitors start all this.

I dont think the system we live with now will exist in 2024. I say this only because I wish people would start ACTING (mostly now referring to our democratic reps) like we are in a STATE OF EMERGENCY, because we are.
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I don't know what they'll insist on next.

I guess it's:

"Moderator MUST BE SEAN HANNITY, and all questions to the GOP candidate must be given, studied, and prepared three days in advance".

P.S. the GOP candidate MUST be allowed to stalk the Dem one all over the stage and ignore all rules and time limits.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:04 pm I don't know what they'll insist on next.

I guess it's:

"Moderator MUST BE SEAN HANNITY, and all questions to the GOP candidate must be given, studied, and prepared three days in advance".

P.S. the GOP candidate MUST be allowed to stalk the Dem one all over the stage and ignore all rules and time limits.
GOP knows all future candidates of theirs will have only one qualification, loyalty to MAGA (no matter who is running MAGA at that time) and the last thing they will need to qualify is an education or intelligence.

Look at the "moron" questioning Fauci, the thread I started on that. Your average post Gingrich elected GOP rep is dumber than the teenager running your local 7–11-night shift. For real.
I sigh in your general direction.