Your Embryo is Now a Dependent

News and events of the day
ProfX

Your Embryo is Now a Dependent

Post by ProfX »

Georgia residents can now claim embryos as dependents on state taxes
Taxpayers who have "an unborn child (or children) with a detectable human heartbeat" as of July 20 can get $3,000 for each unborn child.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ge ... -rcna41111

Georgia residents can now claim embryos as dependents on their state taxes, the state's Revenue Department announced Monday.

"In light of the June 24, 2022, U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization and the July 20, 2022, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling in Sistersong v. Kemp, the Department will recognize any unborn child with a detectable human heartbeat ... as eligible for the Georgia individual income tax dependent exemption," the department said in a statement.

[snip][end]

Question: if you miscarry after you file your taxes, do you have to rebate some of the tax refund to the gov't? :roll:

OK, pregnant ladies, time to start using the HOV lanes in traffic. Them's two people in your car. (Will the state troopers need pregnancy tests?)
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Re: Your Embryo is Now a Dependent

Post by Libertas »

Child support will be next.

They will get rid of that, and they will legalize rape for a twofer...

1. eliminates any nonsense (they consider it nonsense) about a Woman having a right to terminate pregnancy by rape..

2. GOP men like trump himself want the legal right to rape their wives...and others.

Indulge me, not even a YEAR ago I would have been SCREAMED at by more than one person on this board, two of them are gone now, for this remark...the main two who did. I wish they could come back, and apologize to me and join the fight...
I sigh in your general direction.