Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Help Identify This Bike
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

So I took a flier on a roadside purchase of a moped. I honestly know next to nothing about them. I'd never rode one. And I had no idea about price.

The original asking price was 550, but I got it for 350, and figured I wasn't risking THAT much. I can always cut my losses, and a moped is the best transportation to classes.

Now I get it home though and I can't figure out ANYTHING about it. On the title its identified as a 2004 Model: Bianche. I get almost nothing when I search that. On the keys it says "Gingqi".

All I get for that is this:
http://www.buymyscooter.com/used-scoote ... cooter.php

It's an add that expired 3 years ago, and it's not my bike. I have a chrome handles and both kick-start AND electric start. Mine is more "retro" looking.

That's it. That's really all that I can find.

I've looked everywhere I can think on the bike and can't find a plate telling anything more about it.

It's not just about finding out value or whether I got a good deal. I don't know a damn thing about maintenance. I don't have a manual. I've never owned one. I don't know about oil. I don't know how many CCs the engine is. It says it will do 40mph but I probably will never find that out.

I just don't feel comfortable knowing nothing about it. So I thought perhaps some of you motor-heads might be able to identify my bike for me.

Here's some pics that might help:

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:02 pm 

http://www.gas-scooters-on-the-web.com/ ... iew-1.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

http://www.gas-scooters-on-the-web.com/moped-review-1.html

Thanks you rock. I looked all over and couldn't find that. It seems like I did ok if 899 was the new price.