Board Emeritus

Take it for what it's worth.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:39 am 
Board Emeritus

Hilarious!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:40 pm 
Policy Wonk

Picture may be funny, but I am tiii...iired of jokes about Trump. It really is no joking matter.

His shiny veneer of stardom is marred and adding to it no longer makes a difference.

I believe he, as a loser president, will lose reelection, unless... the Democrats have a very weak candidate.

We have to remember the dear Republican candidate before, the worst president in history, George W. Bush, won reelection against the rational Senator John Kerry.

You see, American politics isn't much to laugh about.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:45 pm 
Policy Wonk

But laugh. It is funny.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Picture may be funny, but I am tiii...iired of jokes about Trump. It really is no joking matter.

His shiny veneer of stardom is marred and adding to it no longer makes a difference.

I believe he, as a loser president, will lose reelection, unless... the Democrats have a very weak candidate.

We have to remember the dear Republican candidate before, the worst president in history, George W. Bush, won reelection against the rational Senator John Kerry.

You see, American politics isn't much to laugh about.

Nah, GOP hasnt won a prez election since Bush the daddy. Reagan stole one of his, treason.

But since daddy they havent won.

What happens is alleged liberals talk about "weak" candidates in the DNC and call people like Hillary weak or flawed. Plant the seed, do it early and often.

That is how it works.

Example, anytime you point out what a nightmare Trump is, respond by saying we wouldnt have him but for the "weak" democratic candidate (who actually won, by the way)

Of course if there were no 3rd party voting alone, problem solved. Or if people didnt whine and stay home because Hillary gave a speech.

Yeah, I dont blame a rabid dog for biting me, trump is the rabid dog, or for that matter the vile and filthy pieces of human shit who support him, as much as I blame ALLEGED progressives who sat on their hands. FUCK THEM

If I had ten dollars for every one of them who said "give me a reason to vote for Hillary, not against Trump" I could buy a new car.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of you in that category has BLOOD on your hands.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:00 pm 
Policy Wonk

Nah, GOP hasnt won a prez election since Bush the daddy. Reagan stole one of his, treason.

But since daddy they havent won.

What happens is alleged liberals talk about "weak" candidates in the DNC and call people like Hillary weak or flawed. Plant the seed, do it early and often.

That is how it works.

Example, anytime you point out what a nightmare Trump is, respond by saying we wouldnt have him but for the "weak" democratic candidate (who actually won, by the way)

I wasn't aware Clinton won. I remember Obama won, Bill Clinton won, Carter won, Kennedy won.
Elections are flawed and it is important to fix it. That is going to take time and a lot of work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:26 pm 
Policy Wonk

I have to disagree about humor. Humor is one of the most powerful weapons in our arsenal. Ridiculing The Grabber, is not the same as watching a stand-up comic making jokes about his mother-in-law. I remember once reading that Lenin himself feared ridicule more than counter-revolutionists. Nothing puts a would-be dictator off balance more than when people show no respect, and only point and laugh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have to disagree about humor. Humor is one of the most powerful weapons in our arsenal. Ridiculing The Grabber, is not the same as watching a stand-up comic making jokes about his mother-in-law. I remember once reading that Lenin himself feared ridicule more than counter-revolutionists. Nothing puts a would-be dictator off balance more than when people show no respect, and only point and laugh.

Yep, and dont you know if only we had a better candidate we would have won, sigh

Wait, we did win.

Like in Ohio 2004, Supreme Court 2000, etc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:32 pm 
Policy Wonk

Yep, and dont you know if only we had a better candidate we would have won, sigh

Wait, we did win.

Like in Ohio 2004, Supreme Court 2000, etc

Yes, as Randi used to say, we can't just win, we have to win OVERWHELMINGLY.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think mockery is an effective weapon against all politicians. This emperor, with no clothes, seems more sensitive than most to it. It's why I urge people to use it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:56 pm 
Policy Wonk

I think mockery is an effective weapon against all politicians. This emperor, with no clothes, seems more sensitive than most to it. It's why I urge people to use it.

I don't know.

I did step back on laughing. It is a release that we need for ourselves. I think it is a weak weapon for anybody just to make fun of them. Trump is probably more energized by the attention, frankly. He is a special egocentric personality.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

First they ridicule you... (Ghandi).

Humor is one of the oldest and most potent political weapons, because it challenges the alt-fact narrative that autocrats push out. It makes the emperor naked to the world.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:29 pm 
Policy Wonk

Humor is one of the oldest and most potent political weapons, because it challenges the alt-fact narrative that autocrats push out. It makes the emperor naked to the world.

Exactly, and Trump has very thin skin. He's only energized by adulation. When he's criticized or poked fun of, he starts behaving erratically.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:50 am 
Policy Wonk

"First they ridicule you" is a misuse of the quote. "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." If Gandhi ever actually said that, he was referring to nonviolent protests.

No matter to me, the politicians we have are not of high birth. Trump and the current politicians couldn't care less what the plebeians say. They are too busy running over them as they steal everything they can.

Imagining a politician with thin skin is too much. Trust me. A joke battle is not our first line of defense.

A war of words that could be our defense is the truth. Trump's biggest weapon is lying. The reason he tweets is to avoid defending his words.

Confefe that. But again I will say jokes are harmless entertainment.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:22 am 
Policy Wonk

Exactly, and Trump has very thin skin. He's only energized by adulation. When he's criticized or poked fun of, he starts behaving erratically.

Sometimes it looks like he's about to have a heart attack. He's over weight and excitable. But that I'm sure is not the effect you want. Jokes pointed at him will make him angry, like he was with Alec Baldwin. Beyond that, I don't see any effect it would have on him. He has been down in the polls and I haven't seen that persuade him.

Humility is not one of his strong traits. Maybe it would work on his nerves after four years of it. Nah.