RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:58 am 
Board Emeritus

It was just standard knowledge that the office of the presidency was supposed to be held by one with dignity and intelligence. Granted, everyone who has held the office has chipped away at this little by little. Remember LBJ ordering pants?

But the man for the most part presented an air of dignity and respect at least in public. And of course, intelligence. And there are different types and degrees of intelligence, such as mental and emotional.

Even George W. Bush presented a respectable degree of emotional intelligence. He didn't whine all the time about how the media was picking on him, at least not publicly.

But now we have a reality star in charge, a man child who lacks emotional stability and intelligence and shows it publicly with tweets about fake news and typos galore. And the whole world laughs at him and shakes their head at the stupidity of the American populace.

It is said that history is written by the winners. If the republican party takes over all of our treasured institutions, especially education, the next generation will read about the Assclown in Chief as the most intelligent, (because you know, he's "like a smart person") brave, strongest, and righteous man that ever walked the face of the earth. Much like N. Korean's have been brainwashed to believe that their dear leader doesn't shit.

The truth about the Donald Trump presidency can only be read at underground meetings in the cover of darkness. Those involved will risk imprisonment and torture.

But my hope is that history books will talk about how our federal government became so corrupt that the people lost hope and many didn't bother to vote because we were given a choice between a shit sandwich and a toxic waste sandwich and many voted for a buffoon reality star because they wanted to send a message to the establishment for turning their back on them.

End of rant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 am 
Board Emeritus

But my hope is that history books will talk about how our federal government became so corrupt that the people lost hope and many didn't bother to vote because we were given a choice between a shit sandwich and a toxic waste sandwich and many voted for a buffoon reality star because they wanted to send a message to the establishment for turning their back on them.

In the dictionary of euphemisms, I hope this gets listed as a prime example of "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

I'd have more respect if they voted for Jill Stein, or hell, Gary Johnson. They weren't much more competent, but they would have been less of a clownish embarrassment. Or wrote in Bernie. I can't agree that Hillary Clinton was even as bad a shit sandwich as Donald - maybe not filet mignon on a baguette either, but for crissakes, please. She would have been better. She would have at least been competent.

Macron might not have been "anti establishment" in France, but he was better than the fascist queen to his right.

This is the biggest joke of all: DONALD IS THE ESTABLISHMENT. Somebody on one of the talking head sets said the other day he's like a Russian oligarch, but just not Russian. :D I think that's a perfect description.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:57 am 
Board Emeritus

I voted for Clinton because she wasn't the toxic waste sandwich. And the presidency wouldn't have been ruined like it is now. Clinton would take those trips overseas, shake hands with foreign dignitaries and looked presidential. The reality star can't even shake hands without looking ridiculous.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:01 am 
Board Emeritus

She's very well liked abroad. In fact, some leaders of some countries just can't figure out why Americans, her own people, don't like her.

I know she would have more respect in Europe. Mainly because she wouldn't go there and talk idiotic nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:10 am 
Board Emeritus

I know she would have more respect in Europe. Mainly because she wouldn't go there and talk idiotic nonsense.

Or shove them out of the way or crank their hands and arms like starting a lawn mower.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:06 am 
Board Emeritus

Senator Al Franken: I think he's (Trump) devalued the presidency.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Exactly what I've been saying. I may have used stronger terminology, but it says the same thing.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com