new theory...movements...

News and events of the day
rainwater

new theory...movements...

Post by rainwater »

a new theory moving around..the planet..ponders the "new movement".
..the 'new movement' indicates a planetary anger distrust abuse battering general
fucking up of all things bragged about the last century as being the wonder and saving
notions of the planet.
(which always seemed heavily capitalist by theme wanting all to join the same wagon
and give RWG more money.
)

in any event good or bad...the theory moving around seems to..address...the discomfort
SO many 2legs with BRAINS are feeling experiencing and stressing. EveryWhere.
not just them..in india..or SAfrica. its jersey and miami and...where You live.

ive lived when diff movements joined together, civil rights, voting rights, antiVietnam, nixon.

if this distrust this anger this...discomfort...the pop is experiencing came together to
become a movement of the pop demanding better treatment as citizens humans and
humans part of this country as a whole....we'd be listened to.

not saying i wanna hug the RW Qrs...AT ALL. im hearing chat of if we all 'came together'
over the ISSUES we deal with daily, ALL of us...we would have a movement.
a politically powerfall movement. but that would take...Clarity, of issues.

civil rights came together--It was first--with the antiwar movement as a step to strength.
that is why they came together. power to the people

we are many dissatisfied by numbers of issues we face in capitalist economy where you either
'get rich or fuk you'...doesnt satisfy any people any longer.

there could be a powerful human movement.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids They speak for all that is cruel stupid They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it. Fuck them.
HST.
ZoWie

Re: new theory...movements...

Post by ZoWie »

Gives support to the idea that most people are pissed off, but few really understand why. I'm convinced that covid has crystallized something we haven't seen in a while regarding opposition to the way things stand regarding control by favored classes over everyone else's lives. Right now, though, it seems to be still at the diffuse discontent stage. The question comes to be who will be the ones to get a considerable political boost from it. There appear to be a lot of different groups trying.

The situation as we go forth has a lot of variables that people haven't really wrapped their heads around yet. One that gets my attention is how the subscription model is being applied to everything. Entertainment is the one everyone sees, but there are so many others. Health care comes to mind. It's all going to concierge doctors and huge yearly fees for access to health networks over and above what's already being paid to insurance companies to cover the ka-ching when you actually use them. In LA, some Cedars thing is about to start charging ten grand a year. They haven't yet said what you'd get for that besides what they offer now for inflated fees and/or dealing with some other company's insurance bureaucracy.

Etc etc. Obviously the economic system is completely broken, and the social consensus isn't doing a whole lot better, but what comes of it is chaos math at this point. Our job is to be in the right place at the right time with the right rhetoric to serve our cause.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

without a doubt.
the pols arent sure which direction to turn. they realize this "movement" potential.
Gives support to the idea that most people are pissed off, but few really understand why. I'm convinced that covid has crystallized something we haven't seen in a while regarding opposition to the way things stand regarding control by favored classes over everyone else's lives. Right now, though, it seems to be still at the diffuse discontent stage. The question comes to be who will be the ones to get a considerable political boost from it. There appear to be a lot of different groups trying.
yes, this is really bugging me and most i know--im stunned by this---most i know have shut off tv
cables and refuse to be "hounded" by news only applicable to RWG while mericans--the one time
'middle class' public-- suffers.
its not good enough people pay for cable tv now in order to see anything from the last 20years one
must pay them More, have More costly equipment and give up More personal info to More corp orgs
just to get tv theyre already paying... money...for. what youre paying is not enough anymore.

whatever monetary help people got from gov they now pay back via INFLATION costs which all go to
the wallst corps. you silly humans seem to have cost them money. OHMY!
..the subscription model is being applied to everything. Entertainment is the one everyone sees, but there are so many others. Health care comes to mind. It's all going to concierge doctors
and yes....the concierge med...yah, thats a real money maker. thats for those who want pain meds
and are willing..to pay the initial "buy in" which runs--depending on location--anywhere from 1500
to 15,000bucks. Min. no shit.
they realize RWG just leave the contry get the pain meds elsewhere which then deprives our
corp docs from that money!! cant have that now can we.
they created this money maker 'med scheme' for rwgs to make it easier for them.
they sell it as you pay the fee you have access to a "Dr" 24/7 anytime you want!!!!
but mostly...its about ease of getting pain meds in country for RWGs.

imo joints like faux snooze are intentionally driving people groups ideas clarity apart.
confusing issues so they make little sense VS Reality leaving the public seeming against one another.
in the end--odd that term in Maya#2---in the end the people are beginning to realize we are all
pissed about the same shit.

i have chats with total strangers, always about the same things and we agree. im surprized by this
in the pretty damn con area.
land, water, climate, med, pol/AKA-celebs, over-pop...always the same chats. same topics.
same disgust and resentment towards 'merica the great' letting its citizens hang for profits.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids They speak for all that is cruel stupid They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it. Fuck them.
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

by making sure the large merican population is divided, the RWG rule.
its a major tactic and faux news has perfected it, for some reason.

as long as the people are fighting with or fearful of their neighbors their towns
cities and govs, they can blame one another for all and any issues meanwhile ignoring
huge factual reasons for why things like..life..are so fucked up today.

theyve got people becoming shopaholics addicted to cardboard boxes on their door steps
vs working together to find more practical safe ways to spend their life not their money.

they tried this dividing the people during the Nam war protests and it worked for a while.
then it didnt.
all sorta people, mericans, came together and Collectively Put issues on the table vs freaking out
on airplanes or making obscene threatening 'tweets'. ;)

theyve managed to weaken the people of this country by lying and faking "stories" on a daily
basis for over 5years now. meanwhile a virus comes along likely from melting perma frost
in russia. it came from russia and migrated and mutated, but hey its easier to blame china
since no one wants to talk about melting perma frost and the Enormous holes it is leaving
all across Siberia releasing tons of bacterias virus and sundry issues all being ignored but
this does not make the news.

NO instead its comic asshole from NY who had a teevee show who becomes in charge of
the Huge con-try and behaves as tho hes still on a teevee show: there was NO DIFFERENCE
for him. he did not know the diff: he was on camera, is all he knew.

i dont blame the pols more than the capitalist political empire we have. theyve all been paid to
be and do. they got in office on meager salaries mostly, within a couple years theyre millionaires
after being a lowly pol on a gov salary. theyre millionaires suddenly. why its part of the PERKS
they go after for being a pol. they know this. why else would you want to be a pol...today?
you want a getaway yacht docked on the potomac so you too can FLEE as needed. JoeM.

the RWG have all grouped up while dividing the entire rest of the pop of the country they
claim as TRADEMARK or pol convenience.

we the people are not as divided as RW media is making it seem. or sound.
dont forget the NOISE factor when you are being brainwashed. over and over.

faux at nite with fuckerC blabbing his psychosis is beyond brainwashing: it is sedition.
and theyre all making tons of money for this sedition action.

RWG have crippled this country. they dont want all this population..but they make money
by having them and driving them into crazy. THEY..make money. fuck the people. yee. haw.

you want "deals" tween sadist and putey?....thats one of them. ignore reality of millions
of years of perma frost capturing all the disease the planet could muster now melting
and releasing all it captured over millions of years and acreages.
cough. cough.

RWG dont want power to the people. division has been the goal since obama.
they will do most anything. they have..done most everything.
they have multi divided the USofA.

we are all our own "racial" gaggles now. which is Not America.
RWG media's created this division at the behest of sadist and thus demanded the people all group up
in some fashion so as Not to be effective.

i say...come together. power to the fucking people. its almost too late but joining
up would be such a relief for both sides of this disinfo conjob tv show since 2015.
if "the people" dont come together and force it--them, pols, RWG, to change and deal with Reality
they will regret it.

He got muddy water, he one mojo filter
He say, "One and one and one is three"
Got to be good-lookin' 'cause he's so hard to see

Come together, right now...Over me
HST.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I'm not sure if I understand everything being argued on this thread.

I can say this:
All of humanity has a vested interest in combatting climate change.
Solidarity on the Left is the key to building coalitions and social movements for change - the intersectionality of many of the different kinds of oppression and discrimination and exclusion provides a key tool for building such coalitions.

That's it. I'm done.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Professor speaks wisdom.

If left wing unity were a class, I'd get an A. It's not, and I get ostracized by said left. So I go on anonymous BBSs instead. I've learned my lesson.

The left is nothing special. It falls victim to the same underhanded tactics, power grabs, and general mistrust. The races are at one anothers' throats half the time. So what else is new in American politics?

My long, ultimately unhappy career in the American left taught me one thing... you can't stop people from acting like people.

--------

We don't know where covid came from. I tend to believe that its initial outbreak was at that wet market in China, and that the lab leak didn't happen to cause it, but we still don't know its origin. We do know that the permafrost is melting, and that indeed some old stuff is coming out of the ooze. There's that comet hitting the earth, though to be exact about it, even if a real comet hit in Times Square, it wouldn't be an extinction level event. Climate might be. We don't know yet. We do know that we're doing it to ourselves.

Thing is, viruses mutate and jump species regularly with or without old DNA/RNA coming out of melted ooze, and we're probably never going to know. We might someday identify patient zero, but I wouldn't even bet much on that.

--------

Follow the money.

People can't make effective decisions that give any kind of satisfactory control over their lives. They make shit wages while 10 billionaires put themselves into low earth orbit. This works on people. They don't notice it, kind of like a mild case of Omicron, but it's there. It's working on all of us.

Yes, ordinary consumers can cut the cord (drop cable), but then they still must subscribe to 20 different services to get internet, streaming, e-commerce, health advice, and an ever-growing number of other things that we used to do on a one time basis as needed. Even Photoshop. Sooner or later, someone's going to add up all the subscriptions and get flabbergasted at how much it all costs all of us. There will be a big flap over this, lots of talk about how Big Business did it to us again, and no political change whatsoever.

UNLESS WE WANT IT.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

Follow the money.

People can't make effective decisions that give any kind of satisfactory control over their lives. They make shit wages while 10 billionaires put themselves into low earth orbit. This works on people. They don't notice it, kind of like a mild case of Omicron, but it's there. It's working on all of us.

Yes, ordinary consumers can cut the cord (drop cable), but then they still must subscribe to 20 different services to get internet, streaming, e-commerce, health advice, and an ever-growing number of other things that we used to do on a one time basis as needed. Even Photoshop. Sooner or later, someone's going to add up all the subscriptions and get flabbergasted at how much it all costs all of us. There will be a big flap over this, lots of talk about how Big Business did it to us again, and no political change whatsoever.

UNLESS WE WANT IT.
im not talking about "the left". im not even sure what it means other than those not "the right".

my point was about the inevitable coming together of humans, humanity, once denial of objectives is
not ignored or disabused by lies and planned teck divisiveness rought by humans.
we, the people, are all basically bitching about the same things just from differing views determined
by money, wealth and incomes. ability to tolerate the conundrum the system is now facing which is
its inability to sustain 8billion humans...let alone the animals and plants needed to chow them.

humans are recognizing..the short comings all non yacht-owning humans are facing. all humans notice.

as for costs of shit today...yeh many are seeing fees for so much crap theyre dumping it all.
i know some whove gotten rid of the teevee. i know two who dumped the fancy phone and went to
flips and now..one of the biggies is adverting a folding phone...like a flip. prolly 1000bucks. :roll: gtfoh.

so my point is about people coming together no matter the differing personal issues since the larger
human issues are affecting the personal issues.
like a circle can be unbroken...or not. we humans can form a circle despite not thinking Every Thing
we think or say Must Be Alike. thats nazi.

we can have diff opinions and still work for the same human conditions and quality of life.

..."We".
HST.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

rainwater wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:18 am meanwhile a virus comes along likely from melting perma frost
in russia. it came from russia and migrated and mutated, but hey its easier to blame china
since no one wants to talk about melting perma frost and the Enormous holes it is leaving
all across Siberia releasing tons of bacterias virus and sundry issues all being ignored but
this does not make the news.
:?
rainwater wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:18 am we are all our own "racial" gaggles now. which is Not America.
RWG media's created this division at the behest of sadist and thus demanded the people all group up
in some fashion so as Not to be effective.
What in the world is a "'racial' gaggle"?

as long as the people are fighting with or fearful of their neighbors their towns
cities and govs, they can blame one another for all and any issues meanwhile ignoring
huge factual reasons for why things like..life..are so fucked up today.

theyve got people becoming shopaholics addicted to cardboard boxes on their door steps
vs working together to find more practical safe ways to spend their life not their money.

they tried this dividing the people during the Nam war protests and it worked for a while.
then it didnt.
all sorta people, mericans, came together and Collectively Put issues on the table vs freaking out
on airplanes or making obscene threatening 'tweets'. ;)
^this is just warmed-over, horseshoe populism.
rainwater wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:59 pm i have chats with total strangers, always about the same things and we agree. im surprized by this
in the pretty damn con area.
land, water, climate, med, pol/AKA-celebs, over-pop...always the same chats. same topics.
same disgust and resentment towards 'merica the great' letting its citizens hang for profits.
Populist politics of Malthusian disgust and resentment? Hard pass. Keep your theory. It differs little from Trumpism.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

rainwater wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:25 pm we, the people, are all basically bitching about the same things just from differing views determined
by money, wealth and incomes.
No, "we" are not basically bitching about the same things.

"We the people" are not some noble pie-in-the-sky monolith, and never were.

This is really simplistic thinking.
ability to tolerate the conundrum the system is now facing which is
its inability to sustain 8billion humans...let alone the animals and plants needed to chow them.

humans are recognizing..the short comings all non yacht-owning humans are facing. all humans notice.
All lives matter, too. Right?

Lol it's so interesting to observe Malthusian misanthropes go on about we the people coming together.
as for costs of shit today...yeh many are seeing fees for so much crap theyre dumping it all.
i know some whove gotten rid of the teevee. i know two who dumped the fancy phone and went to
flips and now..one of the biggies is adverting a folding phone...like a flip. prolly 1000bucks. :roll: gtfoh.
There are a few folding phones on the market, now.

If they don't interest you, you don't have to buy one.
so my point is about people coming together no matter the differing personal issues since the larger
human issues are affecting the personal issues.
like a circle can be unbroken...or not. we humans can form a circle despite not thinking Every Thing
we think or say Must Be Alike. thats nazi.

we can have diff opinions and still work for the same human conditions and quality of life.

..."We".
This type of classic populism is not a new theory, rainwater.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Coming together?

With people who want you dead?
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:02 pm Coming together?

With people who want you dead?
Hey! Less people that way!

Lol I love these "population control" ideologues who also have no problem procreating, themselves. But let other people on the other side of the world have kids though, oooh watch how quick those gloves come off. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

No one in their right mind is advocating coming together with right wing ideologues.

I'd be happy if people who agree on 99.5% of everything would stop clawing at each others' faces over the other 0.5%.

I never said coalition implied 100% unity. That's impossible to achieve where humans are involved. You agree temporarily on common points of unity and work together for well defined objectives. This is a political struggle, not a Christmas party.

The problem with this board, and "liberal" politics in general, is all the personal sniping over stuff that just isn't relevant to the situation. It guarantees continued endless waves of high hopes followed by petty little squabbles over who's the most oppressed and therefore most entitled to lead, followed by more bad feelings and death threats flying over social networks.

This stuff is the sure cure for happiness. Take the same old American liberal circular firing squad drugs. You'll be relieved of that good feeling in minutes. Best drugs ever invented, except that the cure is worse than the disease.

People.... this is why we always lose.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:10 pm No one in their right mind is advocating coming together with right wing ideologues.

I'd be happy if people who agree on 99.5% of everything would stop clawing at each others' faces over the other 0.5%.

I never said coalition implied 100% unity. That's impossible to achieve where humans are involved. You agree temporarily on common points of unity and work together for well defined objectives. This is a political struggle, not a Christmas party.

The problem with this board, and "liberal" politics in general, is all the personal sniping over stuff that just isn't relevant to the situation. It guarantees continued endless waves of high hopes followed by petty little squabbles over who's the most oppressed and therefore most entitled to lead, followed by more bad feelings and death threats flying over social networks.

This stuff is the sure cure for happiness. Take the same old American liberal circular firing squad drugs. You'll be relieved of that good feeling in minutes. Best drugs ever invented, except that the cure is worse than the disease.

I wasn't replying to you, didn't see your post until you said this.

I read another person here and it caused me to say what I said. If YOU said something I would respond to it differently because I know your motive for lack of a better word. Or I know you are to be trusted and are insightful, but not everyone is.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:10 pm No one in their right mind is advocating coming together with right wing ideologues.

ZoWie, I'm not sure what "we" you're referring to here, but AFAIC, we don't always lose. That's pure hyperbole. If you're in doubt, check the results of Nov. 2020 as a recent example.

My reply was to the OP's whackodoodle ideas. Many of us here including you have been and are currently part of multiple, actual "movements" and so-called IRL, offline political struggle. What you're describing used to be called "coalition politics," and over the past generation, it's been lost, at least on the left. I also lament the loss.

For myself, it's pretty easy to recognize the crude mix of simple populism, some weird population control agenda, and contemptuous luddism in what the OP I guess is calling a new theory. Disagreement with and rejection of whackodoodle ideas like COVID being caused by melting permafrost is not a petty squabble or so-called circular firing squad, especially given that this person pretty famously sees themselves as too good for the Big Dummies who order from Amazon, or use certain styles of cell phones.

Now that's some petty-ass b.s. that harkens back to the Dot Bomb era.

So I would agree with your sentiment that this is a political struggle and not a Christmas party. Dunno about anybody else, but I can't afford bad ideas masquerading as supposed liberalism. At the very least, bad ideas have to be challenged. That many bad ideas like rotten conspiracy theories weren't challenged in the late 80s-90s-00s imo is the top reason for the death of coalition politics.

Finally, regarding this:
continued endless waves of high hopes followed by petty little squabbles over who's the most oppressed and therefore most entitled to lead, followed by more bad feelings and death threats flying over social networks.
this sounds like more hyperbole to me, and not relevant to either this board, or this thread.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

Not you, it's the general drift of things. We're picking apart each other while the people we should be fighting are quietly passing state laws and winning.

The right uses the Internet, and wins. We use it, and picky picky picky on each other. I don't know how many boards I've watched it on. They all start to run together. I've seen this behavior since goober bush invaded the wrong country after 9/11, and it's gotten real old.

If I had a solution, I'd be doing it instead of pissing and moaning.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:10 pm The problem with this board, and "liberal" politics in general, is all the personal sniping over stuff that just isn't relevant to the situation. It guarantees continued endless waves of high hopes followed by petty little squabbles over who's the most oppressed and therefore most entitled to lead, followed by more bad feelings and death threats flying over social networks.
No, I'm talking about left wing politics in LA. People have guns. So far no one has used one, but I can't count all the fist fights between those who agree on everything except who should be dictating their ideas about politics to everyone else even though it's a coalition and ideological purity is only somewhat relevant to the common enemy, which does things like close factories, marginalize people of color or those with poverty incomes, and pass laws at the state level that put our country's pathetic saga back into the 1930s.

Maybe I'm just too old for this.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

I am confused, but that's ok...

Right here on this board a con is calling our democratic reps "rats", why? Because they want POC to be able to vote and hungry people to be fed. That makes them RATS to the fucking con. :twisted:

I hate cons, and they are my enemy,
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

At no time did I suggest a coalition with the MAGAs. I suggested a coalition to fight the MAGAs. Right now, they're winning at the state level, while the potential opposition is still caught up in personal stuff.

Not just voting or racial equality. We just got our neighborhood rezoned, or to be exact turned over to real estate speculators to be Manhattanized. The whole state of CA has had its local zoning authority diluted and in some cases removed altogether.

It's getting out of hand watching the assholes win everything, while we squabble over who's the truest of the blue. It threatens everything that's been accomplished since Teddy Roosevelt was president.

Can we stop going after each other and go after the assholes?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:19 pm No, I'm talking about left wing politics in LA. People have guns. So far no one has used one, but I can't count all the fist fights between those who agree on everything except who should be dictating their ideas about politics to everyone else
People got in fist fights?

Dang, we didn't even do that during the ACT-UP/Queer Nation years. :lol:
even though it's a coalition and ideological purity is only somewhat relevant to the common enemy, which does things like close factories, marginalize people of color or those with poverty incomes, and pass laws at the state level that put our country's pathetic saga back into the 1930s.

Maybe I'm just too old for this.
John Lewis was not too old for this. MLK was 39 when he was assassinated. So for our kind of work, age is arbitrary, AFAIC.

And then, neither of them did what they did in the middle of a damn pandemic. Even with that, Du Bois was not too old for this, Malcolm X's dad was not too old for this, John Hope Franklin and Carter G. Woodson were not to old for this.

So as tired as "we" are, we don't have any excuses, and I do mean we and am not wagging my fingers, because I am that we.

But those people are who I draw on for hope and political ethics in a time of pandemic, not whackjob "new theories" that are really just ahistorical, rehashed horseshoe populism. OMMV, but I do not have any problem stating my own opinions on the topic.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

> fist fights

Yes, and then there's the guy who showed up to do his radio show wearing a gun. Of course, we never had the Klan blow up a left wing radio station (twice), like in Houston, and no one ever had to scale the outside of the Empire State Building a la King Kong to eject a faction which literally hijacked a transmitter, like in New York, so it could have been worse.

One grows tired of the drama, even when their first career was making same on the great silver screen.

The OP in this thread had some good ideas in it. You don't have to agree with it. I had reservations on Permafrost melting causing covid since I think it evolved naturally from viruses in other species. Agreeing on everything would be more suited to the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers. Who wants to be like that?
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

> fist fights

Yes, and then there's the guy who showed up to do his radio show wearing a gun. That's part of the problem. Everyone fought over who's voice would be the one on the limited airwaves. See, the Internet did solve some problems.

Still, one grows tired of the drama, even when their first career was making same on the great silver screen.

The OP in this thread had some good ideas in it. You don't have to agree with it. I had reservations on Permafrost melting causing covid since I think it evolved naturally from viruses in other species. Agreeing on everything would be more suited to the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers. Who wants to be like that?
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

i must be running into more rational cons not the 1/6 or Q's. just people, who have dogs and buy groceries and
are aware there is no water in the reservoir no matter who you vote for.
ive always lived rural and rural people at least in the west i know are mostly aware of the land the air the crops
the grains and hays. how the animals are doing since they Always get fed first.

some may be q nuts, what i see of them is mostly normal regular folks who like a quiet life.
its these kind of humans...who notice things like i post about. WE talk about these things. We.

on the simple tv we watched the vietnam war change merica. there was a lot of divisive behavior when protests first began.
often it got worse. then, more and more mericans began to see things more practically and joined the protest movementS.

thats really all im saying. people came together. they realize no one cares if they eat or not and theyre pissed as a whole.
course, it was simpler when the pop was 140,000,000 less than current and living w/o FB.
world pop was about 3.5 bil then. merica pop about 200mi.

my sisters first job out of HS before college she was paid $1.05 an hour for retail work during vietnam war.
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:03 pm At no time did I suggest a coalition with the MAGAs. I suggested a coalition to fight the MAGAs. Right now, they're winning at the state level, while the potential opposition is still caught up in personal stuff.

Not just voting or racial equality. We just got our neighborhood rezoned, or to be exact turned over to real estate speculators to be Manhattanized. The whole state of CA has had its local zoning authority diluted and in some cases removed altogether.

It's getting out of hand watching the assholes win everything, while we squabble over who's the truest of the blue. It threatens everything that's been accomplished since Teddy Roosevelt was president.

Can we stop going after each other and go after the assholes?
right on.

that is the intention with all this disinfo. did roger stone tell the story of dems was it..chewing on babies??
who the fuck makes that kinda shit up for the innernets. trumpies. Q-nuts.
its beyond bizarre and thats why they told the lie.
long ago some man told LBJ this...'say what you want about them, make them defend themselves.'

the sadist Et Al Never forgot that. bannon sure didnt.

social dems lean and behave differently.
HST.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:13 pm > fist fights

Yes, and then there's the guy who showed up to do his radio show wearing a gun. That's part of the problem. Everyone fought over who's voice would be the one on the limited airwaves. See, the Internet did solve some problems.

Still, one grows tired of the drama, even when their first career was making same on the great silver screen.

Yeah, but see...this is a canard. One of the stregnths of both coalition politics and any kind populism is that no, one need not "agree on everything." But this is a game that the idiot cons around here play. Oooo seeee, I "agree with you" on such-and-such, pat me on the back for appearing more open-mimded than I really am. Or, oooo yer so closed minded because I "agree with you" but you never vote Republican, or whatever the stunted rightwing logic is.

Lol f. them, and f. this discomfort with open disagreement. Had more liberals and leftists been sharper about rejecting whackodoodle ideas like Malthusian environmentalism or post 9/11 conspiracy theories we might be in a stronger position today. But that's all hindsight/20-20. For myself, I have no problem pushing back against the bad ideas of a person too misanthropic to even speak to most of us around here. lol

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

rainwater wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:58 pm people came together. they realize no one cares if they eat or not and theyre pissed as a whole.
course, it was simpler when the pop was 140,000,000 less than current and living w/o FB.
world pop was about 3.5 bil then. merica pop about 200mi.
So um, how come you added to the "population," if you feel there are too many people in this world?

A person with contempt for people wanting we the people to come together: somebody please make this make sense.

I hear the repeated complaint, but given how far the population control so-called movement has gone off the rails, I shudder to think what the proposed solutions are.

~ Ida B. Wells