RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

By God everyone knows how I feel about Kamala Harris the next President of the United States!

:D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

By God everyone knows how I feel about Kamala Harris the next President of the United States!

:D

By god I don't have a clue. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 am 
Board Emeritus

So...on another "liberal" forum I inhabit, one of our lefty brethren made the following post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by __________ View Post
Idjits who can't keep their hands to themselves gotta go.

See ya, Al.

And I got to thinkin'...so it also oughta be "See ya, Donald and see ya Clarence." Along with "see ya" to at least another couple dozen if not more, male members of both parties in the United States Congress. And if so...why aren't we hearing that out of 35 fucking Democratic Senators. Hell...by my anecdotal professional experience as a clinical counselor, it oughta be "see ya" to about half the adult male population of this fucked up country, if not more.

Reckon if Mitch McConnell thinks we should let the people decide about Roy Moore we might grant the same consideration to Al Franken and John Conyers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:07 am 
Board Emeritus

So...on another "liberal" forum I inhabit, one of our lefty brethren made the following post:

And I got to thinkin'...so it also oughta be "See ya, Donald and see ya Clarence." Along with "see ya" to at least another couple dozen if not more, male members of both parties in the United States Congress. And if so...why aren't we hearing that out of 35 fucking Democratic Senators. Hell...by my anecdotal professional experience as a clinical counselor, it oughta be "see ya" to about half the adult male population of this fucked up country, if not more.

Reckon if Mitch McConnell thinks we should let the people decide about Roy Moore we might grant the same consideration to Al Franken and John Conyers.

Yeah, I get the point. A subtle difference with Moore anyway is that he trolled for young girls. Had a Dem done that in Alabama the Republicans would be screaming for his balls.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:11 am 
Board Emeritus

So, accuser #7 says Franken put his hands on her waist while taking a photo.

Now look - on the one hand, I get it - guys, keep your hands to yourselves. But are we reaching a point of reductio ad absurdum?

He did not touch an erogenous zone. There are a lot of people who put their hands on other people when taking a photo, but it's not sexual groping.

I would say the biggest problem is the forced kissing. Still, it is not shoving your hands up the genital area.

Other than the two incidents of forced kissing, he may have been a bit too clutchy during taking photos. BTW, I am not saying this is not sometimes inappropriate behavior. No, it's not OK to clutch a woman's buttocks while taking a photo. Thing is, Al seems to realize it, although one wonders if he's going to address the other-than-Leeann situations.

Again, I'm just asking a question related to levels of conduct. Maybe Kristen Gillibrand is right that the level of severity doesn't matter... yet, this is not the way we deal with other unethical acts or crimes. Punishment should fit the level of the crime, which relates to the long-standing effects on the victim. Rape can give a victim lifelong trauma. Does clutching their waist for a second during a photo?

Considered from that viewpoint, what Franken did < Conyers < Moore < Trump and depending on your perspective, maybe even Farenthold. Also, so far, nothing about Franken post-dates his becoming a Senator. Nor are there any complaints from his female Congressional staff.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:40 am 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut

Not buying it for a second glen. Days ago you were ragging about how a Trump impeachment would destroy the GOP and that the country would be screwed. Now you want us to believe that you think the country is screwed because the GOP is backing Moore??? Not buying it for a fucking zeptosecond.

Now try to tell me how Kamala Harris, in any goddamn way, would not be a 10,000% improvement over Donald Trump or any other vile motherfucker from the ranks of Congressional Republicans every one of whom including MCain, Collins, Murkowski, have been enabling the behavior of Donald Trump for the past year.

The GOP is the party of assholes in a parliament of whores and you're the most ridiculous hypocrite on this forum. Make up your fucking mind, glen.

:arrow: 35 Democratic Senators have asked (and I think rather hypocritically) for Sen. Al Franken to resign. Now we have Republican Senators McConnell, Orrin Hatch and Lisa Murkowski joining the chorus of hypocrisy in asking Sen. Franken to resign. Yet, they stand behind the likes of Donald Trump and Roy Moore! Neither Party is immune from behaving badly in the face of this sexual misconduct that seems to have reached epidemic proportions! If Al Franken falls on his sword for the Democratic Party and resigns, I do hope Gov Mark Dayton puts up Rep. Keith Ellison to take his place. We need more progressives in in the U.S. Senate and Rep. Ellison would be a great start~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:53 am 
Board Emeritus

I don't necessarily believe every story which is brought up. With Franken's cases I don't believe what three of the seven women are saying. However that is my subjective opinion, I don't claim it to be "The Truth."

Of the remaining four, two I believe pretty much what they say as they state their case.

And with the other two I believe they believe what they say, so they are not telling a lie, but in a subjective evaluation I don't know what is real, or unreal, about their memories. Which is to say was it a case of "too clutchy during taking photos" as X stated it, or was it sexual harassment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

In common everyday interactions between men and women the men have the pressure of being the gender typically required to initiate with the other gender. The women have the pressure of often having to deal with guys who they have no interest in doing the initiating. It's pretty stressful for most single people of either gender. Even with the "sexual revolution" of the 60's...I don't see that this long standing pattern in the culture has changed much.

My concern is that it appears that "flirting" is sometimes being pinned as "sexual harassment." When it's flirting, it's just flirting. It's sexual harassment when the guy has been asked to stop with the flirting and doesn't. It's also not sexual harassment if a man is inept and says something that a particular woman might find upsetting, as long as he stops when asked to stop.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:11 am 
Board Emeritus

Alabama voter instructions: