RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

I happen to know that Sen Graham is gay, having learned so close to 20 years ago from a very reliable source. We should feel sad for him having to have lived his life in the closet. We should feel sad for him and all the other gays who were never permitted by society to live a normal life. One where he could get married and be in a relationship with the person he is going to grow old with. One where they couldn't experience all the things in life we straits take for granted.

Making fun of Sen Graham's sexuality by mimicking Stephanie Miller is little different than Trump's open racism and prejudice.

I don't think he's gay Glen.

And I will point out when it comes to a person being in the closet there is no such thing as "a very reliable source." If there's a reliable source that person will have been exposed and is no longer in the closet. If people outside of a closet are talking about a person being in the closet they are gossiping, it's not reliable.

Sen Graham is a military person who if you have been in the military you would have come across many of his type. They will trip people's gossip "gaydar," but they are not gay, I would describe it more as being autistic or asexual.

People who are like him, are of that type, will tend to accumulate in the military services and as merchant marine sailors at sea. Separation from family, community, or clan for long periods of time does not bother them.

You may know some like them in the trucking industry.

Most of what is "gardar," is noticing that the person is not, and has not, adopted the mainstream community norms like marriage and having kids, dating, having sexual interest or drive at all. That they may form a close bond with another person of their same sex is not surprising, but that in and of itself is not being gay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't think he's gay Glen.

And I will point out when it comes to a person being in the closet there is no such thing as "a very reliable source." If there's a reliable source that person will have been exposed and is no longer in the closet. If people outside of a closet are talking about a person being in the closet they are gossiping, it's not reliable.

Sen Graham is a military person who if you have been in the military you would have come across many of his type. They will trip people's gossip "gaydar," but they are not gay, I would describe it more as being autistic or asexual.

People who are like him, are of that type, will tend to accumulate in the military services and as merchant marine sailors at sea. Separation from family, community, or clan for long periods of time does not bother them.

You may know some like them in the trucking industry.

Most of what is "gardar," is noticing that the person is not, and has not, adopted the mainstream community norms like marriage and having kids, dating, having sexual interest or drive at all. That they may form a close bond with another person of their same sex is not surprising, but that in and of itself is not being gay.

Graham is from old school southern gentry where being gay just isn't permitted. My source is a guy my daughter was once engaged to who at the time was the news director of a large radio station. The guy had no axe to grind and to those on the inside it is as common knowledge as Strom's daughter.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Graham is from old school southern gentry where being gay just isn't permitted. My source is a guy my daughter was once engaged to who at the time was the news director of a large radio station. The guy had no axe to grind and to those on the inside it is as common knowledge as Strom's daughter.

'Common knowledge" does not equal "true".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fine, Graham is a ladies man and well known poon hound.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fine, Graham is a ladies man and well known poon hound.

You know, I have no idea WHAT his sexual preferences are. They are his business. But guys like you don't care, they'll just spread rumors as if they are true.

But what is sad is one thing you ARE right about. If he IS gay, and the right knew about it, he never would have been elected. The party of bigotry.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

You know, I have no idea WHAT his sexual preferences are. They are his business. But guys like you don't care, they'll just spread rumors as if they are true.

But what is sad is one thing you ARE right about. If he IS gay, and the right knew about it, he never would have been elected. The party of bigotry.

The bigotry lays in the mindset of people who believe the right would have used that knowledge to keep him out of office. While I will agree if he were open about it they probably would have.

But, along those lines let me ask you a question. Why didn't the right ever use the knowledge about Strom's daughter against him. I could be wrong but, I am pretty sure in the 1930's and 40's having a mixed race child would be a pretty big hurdle to overcome.

Bottomline, Graham is gay it has been an open secret forever. I feel sorry for him and nobody should be making fun of him the way Stephanie Miller does.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

The bigotry lays in the mindset of people who believe the right would have used that knowledge to keep him out of office. While I will agree if he were open about it they probably would have.

But, along those lines let me ask you a question. Why didn't the right ever use the knowledge about Strom's daughter against him. I could be wrong but, I am pretty sure in the 1930's and 40's having a mixed race child would be a pretty big hurdle to overcome.

Bottomline, Graham is gay it has been an open secret forever. I feel sorry for him and nobody should be making fun of him the way Stephanie Miller does.

Pretty simple. Strom was one of the old school guys, and it was perfectly acceptable to have sex with the slaves, or later, the help.

Now, if he'd have married her, he never would have held office.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Pretty simple. Strom was one of the old school guys, and it was perfectly acceptable to have sex with the slaves, or later, the help.

Now, if he'd have married her, he never would have held office.

The reason Graham "gets away" with it is because he is closeted and every family in the south has at least one "confirmed bachelor" in it and they are for the most part accepted as such. The Uncle I was named after was born in 1900 never married and yet was not drafted into WWI, you do the math.

But, this thread has now been sidetracked so getting things back where they belong. The entire shithole statement shows how Trump just isn't qualified or smart enough for that natter to be President.

I am sure he isn't the only one here or in DC that thinks of those countries as shitholes. He isn't smart enough to word it differently and apparently while I might say Haiti is a shit hole [ which it is] I would not be talking about the people of Haiti. While Trump on the other hand is talking about the people of those countries in a very derogatory and racist manner. As if they are somehow genetically inferior to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 am 
Board Emeritus

I happen to know that Sen Graham is gay, having learned so close to 20 years ago from a very reliable source.

1. Who fucking cares if he's gay.
2. Who fucking cares what you think you know.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:46 am 
Board Emeritus

Very little equals "true." 99 44/100% of the shit people call truth, is opinion. And if it's coming out of glen, it's 100% opinion...born of ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:50 am 
Board Emeritus

while I might say Haiti is a shit hole [ which it is] I would not be talking about the people of Haiti.

I wouldn't describe any country that way. Is there horrific poverty in Haiti? I've had friends and family see it firsthand. (I've never been myself, not yet.) I've had Haitian friends describe it. But, see, that's the thing, even in underdeveloped countries like Haiti, you often see radical inequality. There is a small elite in Port-au-Prince that lives in really, really nice homes. Mansions. Close to as palatial as homes of the 1% you'd find in the U.S.

But again, if you're going to judge nations by their worst neighborhoods and conditions, well, we have plenty of those slum "shitholes" here in the U.S. too - from the same causes - underdevelopment, underinvestment, neglect.

Here's the biggest irony. Do you know Haiti was once one of the wealthiest countries in the Western Hemisphere? Your next question is what happened. You might not want to look too deeply into that.
http://amsterdamnews.com/news/2014/oct/ ... emisphere/

Finally, once we get past the obvious racist framing of Trump's question, and his use of swearwords, it comes down to something that just shows his basic ignorance. Immigration all over the world is almost always from poorer to wealthier nations. That's how it works everywhere. Yes, people are fleeing oppression, disasters, trying to rejoin family; but the main driver for most people is economic opportunity. Once you get past everything else, you still run into Trump's fundamental stupidity over how basic things in the world work.

People with a better life already are not going to immigrate to another country. That's obvious. My grandfather didn't come to the U.S. in the 1920s because things were sweet and peachy for him in Europe. Of course, it wasn't just economic opportunity. There were some other dangers building for Jewish people, and even in the 20s people could sense it.

What galls me deep down, besides the racism implied in the question, was the very stupidity behind having to ask it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:05 pm 
Policy Wonk

Guys, glen is starting to do one his hijacking the threads attempts here. He is deliberately posting about Senator Graham when this thead is not about Senator Graham but about the racist language used by 45.

Don't let him get away with it.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

The reason Graham "gets away" with it is because he is closeted and every family in the south has at least one "confirmed bachelor" in it and they are for the most part accepted as such. The Uncle I was named after was born in 1900 never married and yet was not drafted into WWI, you do the math.

But, this thread has now been sidetracked so getting things back where they belong. The entire shithole statement shows how Trump just isn't qualified or smart enough for that natter to be President.

I am sure he isn't the only one here or in DC that thinks of those countries as shitholes. He isn't smart enough to word it differently and apparently while I might say Haiti is a shit hole [ which it is] I would not be talking about the people of Haiti. While Trump on the other hand is talking about the people of those countries in a very derogatory and racist manner. As if they are somehow genetically inferior to him.

Off Topic.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:13 pm 
Policy Wonk

Graham is gay

Off Topic. This is thread about the racist language used by 45, NOT the Sexual Orientation of Senator Lindsey Gramham.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:18 pm 
Policy Wonk

Gee, the Nazi's felt the Aryan nation was best represented by Norway and Germany.

Trump's a vile White Supremacist. And apparently the GOP doesn't really have a problem with it.

You mean like this Traitor, Vidkun Quisling.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Guys, glen is starting to do one his hijacking the threads attempts here. He is deliberately posting about Senator Graham when this thead is not about Senator Graham but about the racist language used by 45.

Don't let him get away with it.

The purpose of my #1 And #2 post above.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Off Topic.

Glen's justifications and rationalizations are off topic day after day. Glen's life is off topic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

The purpose of my #1 And #2 post above.

We need call glen out when does this shit. This how glen defends 45, by trying hijack threads that directly or for that matter indirectly attack 45. glen hates when his Seig Heil Nazi Goosestepping GroppenFuhrer is being attacked for being Fascist Ass Fuck Wad that he is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

We need call glen out when does this shit. This how glen defends 45, by trying hijack threads that directly or for that matter indirectly attack 45. glen hates when his Seig Heil Nazi Goosestepping GroppenFuhrer is being attacked for being Fascist Ass Fuck Wad that he is.

Before the ascension of Donald, at least glen was entertaining on occasion. But since the inauguration...he's turned, like bad cheese.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Why do WE need to do that Marindem?

If it serves any propose at all it would be to remind us of those English fox hunts, to feel the excitement when the hounds pick up the scent and begin to bay as a pack and take off after the fox followed by the horses and the gentlemen seated on their backs, with their guns at ready to scourge the earth of that foul red fox.

Doing what you say WE need to do is what has been hijacking the treads around here. Just as soon as you, Gounion, or Ike pick up the scent and an begin to bay, that's the of discussion for most of the threads.

Once that begins the thread become pages upon fast paced pages of "Woof - Woof - Woof."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

That shithole has teeth, top and bottom.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here's the biggest irony. Do you know Haiti was once one of the wealthiest countries in the Western Hemisphere? Your next question is what happened. You might not want to look too deeply into that.
http://amsterdamnews.com/news/2014/oct/ ... emisphere/

Too late. I read The Black Jacobins, Toussaint L'Ouverture and all that, and that got me interested. Imperial Europe never forgave them for those slave rebellions that made it the first independent country in Latin America. The reparations alone were crippling. Then we have the various US armed interventions (ongoing) and the 19 year occupation before WWI.

A sadder story you will not find in this hemisphere.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

Before the ascension of Donald, at least glen was entertaining on occasion. But since the inauguration...he's turned, like bad cheese.

It goes back to Mitt Romney lost to Obama. glen was absolutely sure that "President Romney" would beat Obama, there were endless posts and threads to that effect.

glen went off the rails. But yes, since Cheeto-Lini was helped by the Russians to win the election glen has become even more strident.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next