All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Bernie blames Hillary for allowing Russian interference

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... nce-420528

Quote:
Bernie Sanders on Wednesday blamed Hillary Clinton for not doing more to stop the Russian attack on the last presidential election. Then his 2016 campaign manager, in an interview with POLITICO, said he’s seen no evidence to support special counsel Robert Mueller's assertion in an indictment last week that the Russian operation had backed Sanders' campaign.

Is there an echo? It seems like I saw something like this last week. This is a whole lot like what Trump said. Except Trump blamed Obama and Clinton, and like Bernie has refused to acknowledge that the Russians helped him.

:|

Politico went on to say:

Quote:
"In doing so, Sanders and his former campaign manager, Jeff Weaver, presented a series of self-serving statements that were not accurate, and that track with efforts by Trump and his supporters to undermine the credibility of the Mueller probe."

-----

After being contacted by POLITICO about the interview, Sanders issued a lengthy statement calling the Russian involvement a “direct assault on the free democratic systems that stand in contrast to the autocratic, nationalistic kleptocracy of Vladimir Putin and his backers in the Russian oligarchy” which “deserves unconditional condemnation.”

At which point Sanders and Weaver get their stories mixed up while they were trying to weasel.

Politico noticed the same thing I noticed:

"Sanders’ and Weaver's argument mirrors that of Trump, who has argued in a days-long series of tweets that the Russians were not supporting him. The president has blamed his nemesis, Barack Obama, for not doing enough to stop Russian disruption in the campaign."

Joan Walsh of The Nation seems to think the same thing I think about it too. “Seriously, this could be the end of Sanders 2020. Someone who cares about him ought to tell him how badly he stepped in it today.”

That's what I think, except I don't care about him so I don't think anyone ought to tell Sanders what he stepped in. Allow him the freedom to wander around in public unaware of what has stuck to his shoe.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:20 am 
Board Emeritus

Jill Stein's doing it too. Sounding like Trump. :|

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:06 am 
Policy Wonk

Bernie blames Hillary for allowing Russian interference

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... nce-420528

Is there an echo? It seems like I saw something like this last week. This is a whole lot like what Trump said. Except Trump blamed Obama and Clinton, and like Bernie has refused to acknowledge that the Russians helped him.

Politico went on to say:

At which point Sanders and Weaver get their stories mixed up while they were trying to weasel.

Politico noticed the same thing I noticed:

"Sanders’ and Weaver's argument mirrors that of Trump, who has argued in a days-long series of tweets that the Russians were not supporting him. The president has blamed his nemesis, Barack Obama, for not doing enough to stop Russian disruption in the campaign."

Joan Walsh of The Nation seems to think the same thing I think about it too. “Seriously, this could be the end of Sanders 2020. Someone who cares about him ought to tell him how badly he stepped in it today.”

That's what I think, except I don't care about him so I don't think anyone ought to tell Sanders what he stepped in. Allow him the freedom to wander around in public unaware of what has stuck to his shoe.

what is your point of posting this crap???????? as we come up to the mid-terms...... who fucking cares? can you fucking move the fuck on?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:44 am 
Board Emeritus

Disappointed in Bernie. Maybe it’s time for him to retire.

Jill Stein is just an idiot.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:13 am 
Board Emeritus

I don't think neither Bernie nor Hillary should run in 2020. I'm also not crazy about Biden, either. New blood. Enough of same old. This isn't ageism, it's a craving for new thinking. And getting away from tired old campaign strategies. And candidates the GOP already has huge opposition dossiers on.

Refighting the 2016 primaries ... pointless.

My personal belief is the Russians aided Sanders without his awareness. It also wasn't because they wanted him to win, they wanted to damage Clinton. By the time they were most actively targeting his followers on Facebook, he had already lost the primaries and endorsed her.

I'm not sure about Jill Stein, but for now, I also don't care, and I'll leave her in my useful idiot bucket. She did worse than Gary Johnson, who got 3.74% of the vote. I think she just crossed the 1% threshold.

Tad Devine ... well, I'd investigate that fella a bit more. Just to be sure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:25 am 
Board Emeritus

Bernie Sanders is a self-promoting schmuck. More than anything he's a fucking vote whoring politician and self-promoting schmuck like every other vote whoring schmuck. There's nothing special about Bernie Sanders. So congratulations to all your miffed millennials and grizzled anti-vietnam war protesters who stayed home on November 8, 2016 (or voted for that idiot Stein)...you contributed as much to the shit we're stuck with as did the horde of poor white disadvantaged working class assholes.

You want to be the Democratic candidate for President? Eh Bernie? Then join the fucking Democratic Party. No...not Bernie...Bernie is terminally unique and Bernie can do whatever TF he wants in whatever TF fashion he wants...and he want everybody to appreciate him for it. Sound like anybody we know???

Just STFU and go TF away Bernie. You're no better for this country than Donald. Promising shit to the people that you know you will never be able to deliver to people too ignorant to realize it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:59 am 
Policy Wonk

Bernie Sanders is a self-promoting schmuck. More than anything he's a fucking vote whoring politician and self-promoting schmuck like every other vote whoring schmuck. There's nothing special about Bernie Sanders. So congratulations to all your miffed millennials and grizzled anti-vietnam war protesters who stayed home on November 8, 2016 (or voted for that idiot Stein)...you contributed as much to the shit we're stuck with as did the horde of poor white disadvantaged working class assholes.

You want to be the Democratic candidate for President? Eh Bernie? Then join the fucking Democratic Party. No...not Bernie...Bernie is terminally unique and Bernie can do whatever TF he wants in whatever TF fashion he wants...and he want everybody to appreciate him for it. Sound like anybody we know???

Just STFU and go TF away Bernie. You're no better for this country than Donald. Promising shit to the people that you know you will never be able to deliver to people too ignorant to realize it.

That's fine Ike.... but that isn't really my point. Literally mere days after it has been shown that russian bots were sowing discord between hillary supporters and bernie supporters and then shilling for stein and johnson and just generally trying to drive as many wedges as possible between various factions in the democratic tent..... sam posts this shit. Your fighting mad... i get mad because i like bernie and have for years... some people are disappointed... calling for retirement... you know.... there is a source link in the article that sam posted....

http://digital.vpr.net/post/sen-bernie- ... n#stream/0

I don't have the time or the inclination to listen to the audio, but there is a transcript.....from that very link.....in the politico story

that doesnt really sound like what sam posted. Doesn't quite sound like the conclusion that the politico writer came to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 am 
Board Emeritus

That's fine Ike.... but that isn't really my point. Literally mere days after it has been shown that russian bots were sowing discord between hillary supporters and bernie supporters and then shilling for stein and johnson and just generally trying to drive as many wedges as possible between various factions in the democratic tent..... sam posts this shit. Your fighting mad... i get mad because i like bernie and have for years... some people are disappointed... calling for retirement... you know.... there is a source link in the article that sam posted....

And that's fine kempster. I may be rancid butter but I'm still on your side of the bread. Even though I've had a fuckin' gut full of Bernie Sanders and don't trust him as far as I could throw Donald Trump...right?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Something not quite right with either of them (Sanders and Stein). I wonder why...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

what is your point of posting this crap???????? as we come up to the mid-terms...... who fucking cares? can you fucking move the fuck on?

My point, Sanders blamed Clinton for allowing Russian interference

From the article: "Sanders repeatedly refused to say why he didn’t call out Russian involvement during the campaign. Clinton's campaign regularly raised suspicions of Kremlin-backed activity during the home stretch of the race."

And: "The Vermont senator was adamant that he did not benefit from Russian bots urging voters to support him. “I did not know that Russian bots were promoting my campaign. Russian bots were not promoting my campaign,” he said."

"Sanders has repeatedly condemned President Donald Trump for not acknowledging the Russian attack on the 2016 election alleged in the Mueller indictment and being investigated by congressional committees. But he has refused to say that his campaign benefited from the activities."

I saw your later post to Ike. And after posting that image of (what you said was a transcript), you said "that doesnt really sound like what sam posted. Doesn't quite sound like the conclusion that the politico writer came to."

What you said was a transcript was not a transcript it was a Sanders press release issued hours after he was pressed hard on the matter by both the radio interviewer and Politico's reporter while he was writing that story.

At that digital.vpr link, below that statement you posted it says "Sanders' statement according to Politico's Gabriel Debenedetti: http://bit.ly/2EIH99P"

That link leads to that Sanders statement as well as this statement by the Politico reporter:

"Bernie Sanders just sent out a long statement on Russian electoral interference, hours after he was pressed hard on the matter in a @vprnet interview."

The reporter credits the vprnet interviewer for pressing Sanders hard, but clearly they both pressed Sanders hard. And that vprnet link part of the story at Politico was added later. Was added after I read the original story and created this thread. At the bottom of the Politico story there is now this clarification statement about that:

"CLARIFICATION: An earlier version of this story did not include Bernie Sanders' statement that his own campaign needs to be among those that condemn Russian activity."

Sanders corked off on the radio, and after being pressed hard and weaseling with that Politico reporter, he then issued that statement which sounds pretty good to you kempster.

My point is Sanders ought to sound good before being pressed by a reporter. And that weaseling he did between corking off on the radio and issuing that statement which sound pretty good was unsightly, it reminds me of how Trump behaves.

Speaking of unsightly behavior which reminds me of Trump, kempster your vulgar discourse towards me leaves something to be desired. :|

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Feh.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:06 pm 
Policy Wonk

From the article: "Sanders repeatedly refused to say why he didn’t call out Russian involvement during the campaign. Clinton's campaign regularly raised suspicions of Kremlin-backed activity during the home stretch of the race."

And: "The Vermont senator was adamant that he did not benefit from Russian bots urging voters to support him. “I did not know that Russian bots were promoting my campaign. Russian bots were not promoting my campaign,” he said."

"Sanders has repeatedly condemned President Donald Trump for not acknowledging the Russian attack on the 2016 election alleged in the Mueller indictment and being investigated by congressional committees. But he has refused to say that his campaign benefited from the activities."

I saw your later post to Ike. And after posting that image of (what you said was a transcript), you said "that doesnt really sound like what sam posted. Doesn't quite sound like the conclusion that the politico writer came to."

What you said was a transcript was not a transcript it was a Sanders press release issued hours after he was pressed hard on the matter by both the radio interviewer and Politico's reporter while he was writing that story.

At that digital.vpr link, below that statement you posted it says "Sanders' statement according to Politico's Gabriel Debenedetti: http://bit.ly/2EIH99P"

That link leads to that Sanders statement as well as this statement by the Politico reporter:

"Bernie Sanders just sent out a long statement on Russian electoral interference, hours after he was pressed hard on the matter in a @vprnet interview."

The reporter credits the vprnet interviewer for pressing Sanders hard, but clearly they both pressed Sanders hard. And that vprnet link part of the story at Politico was added later. Was added after I read the original story and created this thread. At the bottom of the Politico story there is now this clarification statement about that:

"CLARIFICATION: An earlier version of this story did not include Bernie Sanders' statement that his own campaign needs to be among those that condemn Russian activity."

Sanders corked off on the radio, and after being pressed hard and weaseling with that Politico reporter, he then issued that statement which sounds pretty good to you kempster.

My point is Sanders ought to sound good before being pressed by a reporter. And that weaseling he did between corking off on the radio and issuing that statement which sound pretty good was unsightly, it reminds me of how Trump behaves.

Speaking of unsightly behavior which reminds me of Trump, kempster your vulgar discourse towards me leaves something to be desired. :|

BOT..............who FUCKING CARES???????????????

Why divide?

UNLESS YOU HAVE A FUCKING AGENDA.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Unity Unity Unity Unity Unity Unity

I mean, really, not this one again. Pardon me for not playing. I've gotten a belly full of divisive tactics herding cats in the left. I have no desire whatsoever to help anyone keep sticking the knife into Democratic Party wounds that should be scabbed over by now.

Don't you get it that it's what the other side wants us to do? To the point of dividing and conquering since time immemorial? Watergate and the Dirty Tricksters? COINTELPRO? Union busting? Wikileaks? It's the same old shit and sorry, I'm out.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:21 pm 
Policy Wonk

Eat a bag of fuck you incompetent cunt.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

BOT..............who FUCKING CARES???????????????

Why divide?

UNLESS YOU HAVE A FUCKING AGENDA.

BOT... is the first thee letters of BOTTLE. :|

There's no good answer for "why divide."

The point of this thread is who divides. Two people are pointed at for having done that, and for continuing to do that, Sanders and Stein.

When those two pitch their hat in the ring for 2020, again, pitch their hat back and say no thanks. :|

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

I mean, really, not this one again. Pardon me for not playing. I've gotten a belly full of divisive tactics herding cats in the left. I have no desire whatsoever to help anyone keep sticking the knife into Democratic Party wounds that should be scabbed over by now.

Don't you get it that it's what the other side wants us to do? To the point of dividing and conquering since time immemorial? Watergate and the Dirty Tricksters? COINTELPRO? Union busting? Wikileaks? It's the same old shit and sorry, I'm out.

IMHO...Bernie doesn't give a shit in Ralph Nader's hat for unity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:06 am 
Policy Wonk

BOT... is the first thee letters of BOTTLE. :|

There's no good answer for "why divide."

The point of this thread is who divides. Two people are pointed at for having done that, and for continuing to do that, Sanders and Stein.

When those two pitch their hat in the ring for 2020, again, pitch their hat back and say no thanks. :|

My point is that we have moved on.........not the fuckers that were campaign paid.... but the actual people have moved on.

Then...... days after it has been proven that there were thousands upon thousands of russian bots trolling mutherfuckers to sow discord between the factions tht would most likely vote for clinton.... you post this divisive stupid fucking shit. Why? Don't get me fucked up here.... i sure as shit am not giving an asshole like you this much credit......

but it is entirely possible that thousands of russian bots..... and thousands of dickheads like you..... denigrating people from your own side of the isle.... played a significant role in who we have as president now. So keep flapping your gums fucker.... maybe we can lose the mid-terms too.

Stupid ignorant cunt.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:52 am 
Policy Wonk

Sam posts like a Russian troll. Hmmm....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:10 am 
Board Emeritus

My point is that we have moved on.........not the fuckers that were campaign paid.... but the actual people have moved on.

Then...... days after it has been proven that there were thousands upon thousands of russian bots trolling mutherfuckers to sow discord between the factions tht would most likely vote for clinton.... you post this divisive stupid fucking shit. Why? Don't get me fucked up here.... i sure as shit am not giving an asshole like you this much credit......

but it is entirely possible that thousands of russian bots..... and thousands of dickheads like you..... denigrating people from your own side of the isle.... played a significant role in who we have as president now. So keep flapping your gums fucker.... maybe we can lose the mid-terms too.

Stupid ignorant cunt.

Shame on you for whst you've posted. You should apologize and ask Sam's forgiveness.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 am 
Board Emeritus

Shame on you for whst you've posted. You should apologize and ask Sam's forgiveness.

Sam is in perpetual competition to be the cutest homespun tangential poster on the forum. And even though nobody is even trying to compete with him...he just won't fucking give it a rest.

As for you...you're the last person on this forum to be criticizing anybody regarding being distasteful, considering your posts about rape victims.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:57 am 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
I don't think neither Bernie nor Hillary should run in 2020. I'm also not crazy about Biden, either. New blood. Enough of same old. This isn't ageism, it's a craving for new thinking. And getting away from tired old campaign strategies. And candidates the GOP already has huge opposition dossiers on.

:arrow: I agree strongly with the Professor on this one. Everyone here knows that I'm a huge Bernie Sanders supporter, always have been and that will not change, but it is time to bring forth some "new blood". Maybe someone from Our Revolution, the organization that sprang out of the Bernie 2016 campaign. Or maybe Justice Democrats, there are so many great people in both, and great candidates being supppored by these orgs, some which have already won around the country.

Refighting what happened in 2016 definitely is a pointless excercise, and will only lead to Democrats dropping the ball and crying foul later looking for somebody else to blame~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:01 am 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: I agree strongly with the Professor on this one. Everyone here knows that I'm a huge Bernie Sanders supporter, always have been and that will not change, but it is time to bring forth some "new blood". Maybe someone from Our Revolution, the organization that sprang out of the Bernie 2016 campaign. Or maybe Justice Democrats, there are so many great people in both, and great candidates being supppored by these orgs, some which have already won around the country.

Refighting what happened in 2016 definitely is a pointless excercise, and will only lead to Democrats dropping the ball and crying foul later looking for somebody else to blame~

Agreed.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:41 pm 
Policy Wonk

Sam is in perpetual competition to be the cutest homespun tangential poster on the forum. And even though nobody is even trying to compete with him...he just won't fucking give it a rest.

As for you...you're the last person on this forum to be criticizing anybody regarding being distasteful, considering your posts about rape victims.

i think glenn is being sarcastic.... i can see a scenario where i could apologize for something i have posted.....or admit that I shouldn't have posted something in a certain manner but "ask for forgiveness"? yeah...... I"ll get back to that....lol

Last edited by kempster on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bernie's remarks were widely reported. So blame Bernie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

My personal belief is the Russians aided Sanders without his awareness. It also wasn't because they wanted him to win, they wanted to damage Clinton. By the time they were most actively targeting his followers on Facebook, he had already lost the primaries and endorsed her.

I'm not sure about Jill Stein, but for now, I also don't care, and I'll leave her in my useful idiot bucket. She did worse than Gary Johnson, who got 3.74% of the vote. I think she just crossed the 1% threshold.

Tad Devine ... well, I'd investigate that fella a bit more. Just to be sure.

I agree. Pelosi should agree she won't seek the Speaker's gavel too.