RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:24 am 
Board Emeritus

Let's be clear about something. The Republicans seem to think that the nation will see Trump as an aberration, a one-shot thing, that won't affect the reputation of the Republican Party. That after Trump, the Republicans can once again become the moral beacon of the nation, and destroy Democrats over things like an affair without any hint of hypocrisy.

Truth is, they are destroying the future of the Republican Party by supporting Trump whole-heartedly.

Both of our supposedly anti-Trump righties, glen and Joe, continue to deny the obvious problems of our President.

Oh, sure, they were both against him being President. Neither were fans of his going in. But now that he's President, they are both defending and deflecting for him. Oh, "we're not making any judgements" until we hear from Robert Mueller. They just refuse to believe their lying eyes! Donald Trump is obviously and publicly obstructing justice just on his twitter account, but they both just won't judge a Republican. Hell, as Trump predicted, he could gun down a man in cold blood, and Joe would say "Well, this probably deserves an investigation, and I will withhold any opinion until we hear the results of that investigation!"

Right now, glen swears that Trump won't fire Mueller, but if he does, he will say it's wrong, but he won't call for impeachment. Instead, he'll attack the Dems if they hold a small majority in the House - even if they don't hold a majority in the Senate - and they don't vote to impeach. It's all about partisanship over country for glen.

Joe won't even weigh in.

I guess it's hard to blame them - when the party and the elected officials of the party isn't going to denounce the President, they have to jump on board that train too.

Of course, now they'll try to bring up Clinton and say we're the same. Of course, in doing so, they admit their own guilt.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:47 am 
Board Emeritus

If the Democratic Party has a majority in order to back up their rhetoric they should have impeachment proceedings against Trump. Even if going in they know they do not have the votes to remove him from office. By doing that they would prove that their rhetoric was not just campaign fodder in order to gain power. They also would be on the right side of history, provided the Mueller investigation turns up impeachable evidence against Trump.

I firmly believe that the DNC loves it that Trump is in office and will do nothing to remove him. Because it helps them at the ballot box. In other words they like the GOP look at what is best for the Party. They also know lemmings will believe the same BS they believed when they did not investigate the Bush WH, after Bush was no longer in office.

They don't want to divide the country or had they had a big enough majority they would have removed him. Or some other such nonsense. When the truth of the matter is they are going to do whatever helps them the most at the ballot box. With the only exception being if Mueller exposes a true smoking gun. In which case both parties will step up and remove Trump.

Lets keep in mind when talking about the removal of Trump how many Progressives, including a few here were talking about and calling for the impeachment of Trump even before he took the oath of office.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:57 am 
Policy Wonk

The Racist Republicans sold their soul to get 45. They are more than willing to accept Russian Interference in our Presidential Election because they want their power and that is all that matters.

glen can claim he does not support or defend 45, but the words he has written on this forum give proof to the lie.

glen is only interested in protecting his Racist Republican Party and does not a shit about what happens to our Country. glen puts party ahead of country...he hates America.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:12 am 
Board Emeritus

My understanding of "ignorance" is that it is a lack of awareness of information regarding a certain subject. I don't see the right as being "ignorant" regarding Donald Trump. I don't see it at all. The entire country had all the same information prior to November 8, 2016. The complete information on his grifter business history, information on his viciously malignant narcissistic personality, information on his misogynistic pig sexual assault history...even information on his involvement with the Russians. He stood up in front of the cameras and invited Putin to continue hacking into the DNC's computers during the campaign for christ's sake. They knew all of it. They didn't care.

They knew then, they know now, they are not ignorant...they don't fucking care. What they care about is that they are still in it for all the shit that Trump promised them. An elimination of competition with people who have a higher melanin load (that's for the poor disenfranchised white bigots), a tax cut (for the 1%'ers), a corporate tax cut (for the corporatists), elimination of the ACA, outlawing of abortion, prayer in public school, automatic weapons for everybody...all the shit he promised at any moment during the campaign. They didn't care and don't care about anything else. That isn't ignorance. That's narcissism, it's as American as apple pie and madras shorts...and Americans, particularly white Americans have it in spades, if I might be so ironic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:52 am 
Board Emeritus

Agreed. He came in preaching the Republican agenda, and the billionaires probably thought Jesus had returned. Yeah, he's abrasive, he's divisive, he reads and talks at the 4th grade level, he has the intellectual capacity of a rattlesnake, he's got global Mob connections, and he bankrupts everything he touches. Nobody's perfect, as the old rich guy said at the end of Some Like It Hot. But he'll cut our taxes, dump the sanctions, and allow drilling in the Arctic. Mmmmmmmmmm. Yum. Money money money. Bigger yacht at Monaco this year.

Rich Republican donors: "So he's an asshole. He's OUR asshole."

I'm more pissy right now about the willful ignorance of the left on Facebook. We all knew Zuckerberg and his whole crowd were pulling all this crap, but hey, we have nothing to hide. So what if we get carefully targeted foreign psyops and actually believe them at first. Who cares if the corporations know where we buy stuff and who we vote for and whether or not we've been to church lately. Beats seeing ads for laboratory grade particle accelerators.

I don't know how many European lefties, I mean the real deal not American Leftie Light, played those stupid farm games and shit while arguing yeah maybe they know my purchasing habits but surely they're too nice to con us into voting for the wrong people or fighting among ourselves.

Surely they weren't, and don't call me Shirley.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen, you should be shitting your fucking pants about what Trump and the GOP has done to your party. Instead you want to keep talking about the Democrats.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

If the Democratic Party has a majority in order to back up their rhetoric they should have impeachment proceedings against Trump. Even if going in they know they do not have the votes to remove him from office. By doing that they would prove that their rhetoric was not just campaign fodder in order to gain power. They also would be on the right side of history, provided the Mueller investigation turns up impeachable evidence against Trump.

I firmly believe that the DNC loves it that Trump is in office and will do nothing to remove him. Because it helps them at the ballot box. In other words they like the GOP look at what is best for the Party. They also know lemmings will believe the same BS they believed when they did not investigate the Bush WH, after Bush was no longer in office.

They don't want to divide the country or had they had a big enough majority they would have removed him. Or some other such nonsense. When the truth of the matter is they are going to do whatever helps them the most at the ballot box. With the only exception being if Mueller exposes a true smoking gun. In which case both parties will step up and remove Trump.

Lets keep in mind when talking about the removal of Trump how many Progressives, including a few here were talking about and calling for the impeachment of Trump even before he took the oath of office.

Your logic, like all right-wing logic, is skewed. If Mueller finds that Trump is in collusion with the Russians, or that he obstructed justice, the best thing the dems could do is get him impeached. There's no upside there for the Republicans, glen.

It will forever go down in history that Trump was the most corrupt Republican ever, and that the Republican Party backed him 100%, even though they knew how corrupt he was.

I would say if Mueller finds him corrupt, and the Dems have the majority in the house, then they will vote articles of impeachment, and we'll be able to tell who voted for and against Trump. And the Republicans will have to explain their votes to keep Trump to the American people.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:37 pm 

There's a huge upside. Pence, not Trump, would be President. Republicans would really prefer that. And it wouldn't be too difficult to build the Trump is not really a Republican scenario.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

There's a huge upside. Pence, not Trump, would be President. Republicans would really prefer that. And it wouldn't be too difficult to build the Trump is not really a Republican scenario.

Pence is complicit. Anyone still in this administration is complicit, they know of the crimes. Pence has lied and covered up for the crimes. When Trump goes, so will Pence. It won't happen until after the elections, which the Republicans will lose, so it will then go to the Speaker of the House...

Who won't be Paul Ryan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 pm 

I doubt there is a strong enough tie to Pence. If Mueller gives a strong enough case it won't be difficult to get 23 House Republicans and 18 Senate Republicans to replace Trump with Pence.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:26 am 
Board Emeritus

I doubt there is a strong enough tie to Pence. If Mueller gives a strong enough case it won't be difficult to get 23 House Republicans and 18 Senate Republicans to replace Trump with Pence.

Dream on. It's clear that Pence lied about Flynn. There's obstruction right there for Pence.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:29 am 
Board Emeritus

Pence is another dumb, complicit, conformist.

Plus, he's going down with the rest.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:33 am 
Board Emeritus

Confederate whites, who have now merged with the conservative party of the two party system, are national security threats. Very easy to manipulate their endless rage and bone-headed resentments against everyone else.

Anybody in doubt can ask Breitbart/Bannon/Cambridge Analytica/Kushner/Trump/same thing. Now their president is giving away the farm.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:31 am 
Board Emeritus

I'm more pissy right now about the willful ignorance of the left on Facebook. We all knew Zuckerberg and his whole crowd were pulling all this crap, but hey, we have nothing to hide. So what if we get carefully targeted foreign psyops and actually believe them at first. Who cares if the corporations know where we buy stuff and who we vote for and whether or not we've been to church lately. Beats seeing ads for laboratory grade particle accelerators.

I don't know how many European lefties, I mean the real deal not American Leftie Light, played those stupid farm games and shit while arguing yeah maybe they know my purchasing habits but surely they're too nice to con us into voting for the wrong people or fighting among ourselves.

Surely they weren't, and don't call me Shirley.

I don't think it's about the left's willful ignorance. I think at the bottom of it all, it's about this country, probably most of the western world, turning over everything to the fucking lawyers.

My problem with Zuckerberg when it comes to this specific issue is the policy as it stands at Facebook...which is Zuckerberg's policy. There was a guy on NPR yesterday, I only caught the last part of the interview and did not get his name but the interviewer stated that this guy was formerly an upper management level employee at Facebook, and at one point the interviewer asked what the policy is at Facebook when activity like that of Cambridge Analytica is identified. He reported that the Facebook legal department has always recommended that such activity be ignored...that possible legal problems are much easier to deal with by denying knowledge of the activity than by confronting the perpetrator.

So Zuckerberg will just let shit like this go on happening, lie about knowing it was happening, and avoid having to deal with assholes like the management at Cambridge Analitica in court. It's bullshit policy that has no consideration for users or, in this case, for the goddamn welfare of this country. And it didn't work out so well for Zuckerberg this time. To fuckin' bad Mark. It would be fitting if you ended up dragged through the court system until your skin falls off.

American business upper management letting lawyers make the decisions on policy like this is bullshit. I've seen it way too many fucking times in the mental health business where bad clinical decisions were made based on legal exposure rather than based on what is clinically best for the client. In hospitals lawyers decide all the time how care, and after care is delivered based on legal exposure rather than on what is best for the patient. And we all know about the Ford death mobile, a Ford Pinto with Firestone 500 tires. Ford knew it, Ford hid it...because the lawyers said it was more fucking "cost effective" to pay the claims when people were burned up from a ruptured fuel tank than to recall every Pinto every made. I, for one, am pretty fucking sick of how we let the lawyers run this fucking country.

There will always be predatory assholes like Trump and the management at Cambridge Analytica lurking under every fucking rock, just waiting for the opportunity to do their nefarious shit, knowing they have some fucking amoral lawyer waiting in the wings to mediate the consequences.

Sure Mark...let the attorneys make your policy. Not rich enough yet, eh asshole? This one is Zuckerberg.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:42 am 
Board Emeritus

Dream on. It's clear that Pence lied about Flynn. There's obstruction right there for Pence.

If Trump steps down or is removed [both very unlikely] and Pence takes over the WH, I believe he will be like President Ford just holding the seat for its next occupant. If it appears that the GOP has no chance at winning in 2020 Pence will probably be the sacrificial lamb that takes the loss for the Party.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:43 am 
Board Emeritus

Why unlikely? I mean, more and more the proof keeps coming in that he's corrupt, his business dealings are illegal, and he's got strong ties to Putin that he's trying to hide.

Tell me why Mueller is going to find him innocent of everything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 am 
Board Emeritus

The Racist Republicans sold their soul to get 45. They are more than willing to accept Russian Interference in our Presidential Election because they want their power and that is all that matters.

glen can claim he does not support or defend 45, but the words he has written on this forum give proof to the lie.

glen is only interested in protecting his Racist Republican Party and does not a shit about what happens to our Country. glen puts party ahead of country...he hates America.

What we are looking at is another situation like we had after Watergate. When the GOP was pretty much dead in the water and the DNC had a chance to be the majority party for a decade or more.

But, because Carter did such a poor job as President in just 4 short years it opened the door for Reagan. Because Reagan did such a good job as President it opened the door for Gingrich and the GOP revolution.

Because once in power the GOP did such a poor job it has gotten us to where we are today. With the DNC having an opportunity to be the majority party for a decade or more. So as bad as Trump is and as poor of a job the GOP has done, especially since the emergence of the Tea Party. At the end of the day it all comes down to the job the DNC does between this midterm and the next midterm 4 years from now.

If they do a decent job they will hold the House and Senate. If they do a poor job the door will be opened for the GOP to reinvent itself as they did in 1980. If the next President in a Democrat and does or is perceived as doing a good job, the DNC can hold the WH for 8 to 12 years and the House and Senate for 12-16 years.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:51 am 
Board Emeritus

Why unlikely? I mean, more and more the proof keeps coming in that he's corrupt, his business dealings are illegal, and he's got strong ties to Putin that he's trying to hide.

Tell me why Mueller is going to find him innocent of everything.

Because I do not believe either party will remove him unless it helps that particular party at the polls.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:53 am 
Board Emeritus

Notice how Glen wants to keep diverting the topic back to the DNC? Or how he brings out Carter and Reagan again?

It's almost as if he really doesn't understand the implications of what's going on. I suspect he's in deep denial about reality, or he is clueless.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:54 am 
Board Emeritus

Because I do not believe either party will remove him unless it helps that particular party at the polls.

As I said elsewhere, When Mueller's report comes out condemning Trump, anyone voting to keep Trump will be a huge problem at the polls. Your logic is lacking.

Look, if Trump finds that Putin is blackmailing Trump, and Trump is doing Putin's bidding, would you vote for a Republican that voted not to remove him from office?

Oh wait, that's a stupid question. Of course you would.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 am 
Policy Wonk

willful ignorance of the needs of those in poverty and working conditions of most people is the real problem for we all drink of these, old,young, white, black, everyone. to just obsess over dislike for each other will keep things sliding backwards. what can we do to make things better?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:57 am 
Board Emeritus

As I said elsewhere, When Mueller's report comes out condemning Trump, anyone voting to keep Trump will be a huge problem at the polls. Your logic is lacking.

Look, if Trump finds that Putin is blackmailing Trump, and Trump is doing Putin's bidding, would you vote for a Republican that voted not to remove him from office?

Oh wait, that's a stupid question. Of course you would.

it doesn't matter what the report says. thanks the Tea Party we have Trump. Thanks to Trump the GOP has zero chance in the midterm and very little in the next general.

Your premise about Putin blackmailing Trump is very much off the wall and close to Libertas territory. If Putin is influencing the Trump WH it is more than likely with clandestine bribes of future business deals.

Sidebar: If the report doesn't implicate Trump I expect that very few here will endorse the report as being unbias.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:59 am 
Board Emeritus

it doesn't matter what the report says. thanks the Tea Party we have Trump. Thanks to Trump the GOP has zero chance in the midterm and very little in the next general.

Your premise about Putin blackmailing Trump is very much off the wall and close to Libertas territory. If Putin is influencing the Trump WH it is more than likely with clandestine bribes of future business deals.

Sidebar: If the report doesn't implicate Trump I expect that very few here will endorse the report as being unbias.

Trump is attacking Mueller - even the Republicans are saying he's acting like he's guilty, and knows Mueller is going to bring him down. They say innocent people never act like that.

Do you REALLY think that Mueller is going to find Trump completely innocent? I'd like an answer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:00 am 
Board Emeritus

Sorry Glen, but Putin black mailing Trump is very much not off the wall. I know you are having a hard time with this, but the reality is, this is how the Kremlin operates. They obtain blackmail on foreign business men and politicians. You might want to do some actual research and reading. You're going to shit your pants otherwise when it's go time. Having said there, there are business deals involved as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:08 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump is attacking Mueller - even the Republicans are saying he's acting like he's guilty, and knows Mueller is going to bring him down. They say innocent people never act like that.

Do you REALLY think that Mueller is going to find Trump completely innocent? I'd like an answer.

I agree that Trump is acting very guilty and ted Olson refusing to join team Trump is a giant red flag. But, we are dealing with Trump here and any minor critisizm or minor offense I believe Trump would treat the same as a major one.

I think the report will be very much like the Comey speech. It will make him look guilty as hell, then at the end offer up no charges.