RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

trump golf count
15.000 lies
prick racist texas governor
GOP hates minorities
famous restaurant NOMA

I am confused, where is ANYTHING I posted SCREAMING HABDABS?

I cant find one yet.

FUCK anyone who supports or defends rump
...still looking for anything remotely out of line...

Corner Gas show is good...etc

I am just looking at what YOU linked to...anyone who would not look at the link might believe your completely and entirely untrue characterization.

I could keep going but I think I have embarrassed you enough for one day, Sam.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

trump golf count
15.000 lies
prick racist texas governor
GOP hates minorities
famous restaurant NOMA

I am confused, where is ANYTHING I posted SCREAMING HABDABS?

I cant find one yet.

FUCK anyone who supports or defends rump
...still looking for anything remotely out of line...

Corner Gas show is good...etc

I am just looking at what YOU linked to...anyone who would not look at the link might believe your ASININE untrue characterization.

I've been pointing them out to you as they come up for going on years.

:|

Highlights from the last year:

"Before the MAGA's kill us all, wanna laugh ? ? ? ?"

"Russian agents posing as Black Lives Matter interrupt Pete Buttigieg supporters."

"Remember when I said our military would fight along side our enemy? Next it will be with Soviets."

"I hope you watched Rachel tonight, she gave us all a glimpse into the future when Roe is overturned and the filth going on the courts now get their way. Women will be tortured when they want healthcare and killed if they get abortions."

"Thread reserved for the THOUSANDS of attacks of Bill Taylor about to come."

"Koch bros spending a fortune to make sure poor people die."

"Trying to watch the debate but I cant. Questions about jobs, healthcare, etc. There are no jobs, there is no healthcare, there is NOTHING if the TRAITOR and his F I L T H are allowed to continue."

"Jon Voight appears to want YOU dead."

"Huckabee and Santorum work for KGB."

"Children forced to drink from toilets filled with feces."

"BREAKING NEWS ! BREAKING NEWS! EMERGENCY ! ! ! Unites states is torturing children and the president of the United States JOKED with our enemy about attacking our country and our elections."

"Did Putin have Ed Schultz killed? Everywhere I look it just says he died of natural causes, what the fuck does that mean at 64?"

"Either remove gorsuch and kavanaugh and I dont care how, or increase the size of the court so an American prez can appoint law abiding patriots to the court to outnumber the KGB agents, or get more guns for when they start killing Women and doctors...Unless we are just gonna let them kill Women and doctors or put them in prison?"

"So when I said the GOP and righty wants us all dead 2 years ago, 4 years ago. Well, you know the drill STeve king, rump and others now are openly discussing killing all of us."

"NRA Calls for Nancy Pelosi and Gabby Giffords to be shot."

"Just a heads up, Russian operatives are going into overdrive. Today on Randi Rhodes chat there we at least 5 full out undeniable KGB operatives."

"GOP makes it official, time to EXECUTE Women and Doctors."

"Told ya, KGB has sent Bernie his FUCKING orders."

"Catholic march video RUSSIANS made it go viral, DISENGAGE from this shit for now, please."

"Texas gets step closer to killing Women for the fun of it."

"I am PISSED at most of you god damn."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Waiting for you to show me ONE of those that isnt true or accurate...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

:rofl:

Let's change the subject to modern Russian philosophy.

Short film "PHILOSOPHY" by Yanis Politov:

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

"Jon Voight appears to want YOU dead."

Well, he did appear in this 2015 movie.

Looks about as deadly to watch as too much Barney. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:18 am 
Board Emeritus

And then he tries to endear himself to others by telling an old, tiresome joke.

You have gone too far, Ike. You have shown us who you really are.

It is funny, when you first posted or I read your posts you did the "blonde" thing often and I instantly saw the misogyny in it but I didnt call you on it because for the most part you posted liberal ideology and these days that is all that matters ...

Once Donald Trump got elected and started implementing anti-Muslim, virulent anti-immigrant, Jerusalem Declaration, and white nationalist, anti-LGBTQ Stephen Miller policies, those gloves came right off for him and the rest of the violent CZ-adjacent conservative whites. These supposed liberals, supposed seculars, look down their pretentious noses at the CZs. Until their domestic and foreign policy agendas overlap.

Lol this particular conservative authoritarian male will spittle and scream and make a damn scene in the street how on our side he is, though, and hurl all manner of verbal abuse when reminded that no, he is not. Never was. Guess he still hasn’t learned almost 50 years after the fact that screamer cult tactics don’t work on most people who.

The last thing on earth I need is rancid butter person claiming they are on my side, as if they are owed something. :problem:

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

What did Lucy say about "the blonde" Ike? The only thing I remember is her complaining about the way you talk about her.

Now why would I get involved in this with you? Maybe instead I'll stick a rusty nail in my eye. I'm gonna take the time to find her asshole snarky comment...so that you can tell me in seven paragraphs why its not an insult? Nope.

Because what you really want is to is suggest that it's a lie. So how's about you zip your spine back in and just say so.

PS - your deluge of demands for information on my experience with Briere is nothing more than an interrogation. Another mentor of mine John Lee identified interrogation as just another form of rage.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Waiting for you to show me ONE of those that isnt true or accurate...

This is getting pretty pathetic, Libby.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

People being abused by their therapists, made to hate their parents over false memories, and committing suicide from mistreatment isn't quite so funny a topic.

But whatevs. I guess I'll just shrug and sigh here, too.

More condescending shrugging and sighing...

Still banking on that agitprop from Curtis, eh? The most interesting thing about Curtis was his car. He had this mid-60's beater Citroen DS. Y'know...the car that Patrick Jane drove around in "The Mentalist." Everybody called it "The Curtismobile." Curtis didn't like that too much. He was the most dour pain-in-the-ass in the history of The Primal Institute.

"How the fuck should I know.", said Curtis to his struggling client.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm gonna take the time to find her asshole snarky comment...

Yeah, that would be one way to prove it actually exists, as opposed to being a delusion on your part.

Quote:
Because what you really want is to is suggest that it's a lie.

Could also be a paranoid delusion.

Quote:
PS - your deluge of demands for information on my experience with Briere is nothing more than an interrogation. Another mentor of mine John Lee identified interrogation as just another form of rage.

Uh, I asked when you studied with him. If that's a deluge of demands ... hmmmkay. Ike, it's OK if you've just read him. I think you may have an elastic use of the word "mentor" which normally implies a formal teacher-student relationship involving personal training. I also believe you may have met him, dunno. I just can't see how you could have studied with him formally as you've never been to medical school, and ... that's where he teaches.

You don't have to answer ... but it doesn't seem possible he was your mentor in the normal sense most people use the word.

So, Ike, would your constant demands for Carmen to qualify/quantify her statements about conservatives, etc. also be a form of interrogation, and thus a form of rage? Perhaps we're getting somewhere.

This would be the John Lee who's active in the men's movement, right? I had to ask because it's a common name, but this guy does therapy.
https://johnleebooks.com/about/

[snip]

John’s work with men’s issues has positioned him as one of the leaders and early pioneers of the men’s movement. His Mentone, Alabama Men’s Conference (co-hosted with Robert Bly) ran for 16 years and drew participants from around the world.

[snip][end]

Last edited by ProfessorX on Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Still banking on that agitprop from Curtis, eh? The most interesting thing about Curtisbwas his car. He had this mid-60's beater Citroen DS. Y'know...the car that Patrick Jane drove around in "The Mentalist." Everybody called it "The Curtismobile." Curtisbdidnt like that too much. He was the most dour pain-in-the-ass in the history of The Primal Institute.

I'm glad you remember what car he drove. I don't give a shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm glad you remember what car he drove. I don't give a shit.

Touchy, touchy aren't we. Lecturing, teaching, preaching, interrogating, shaming, blaming...all that displaced rage. Ulnar struck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, I just think it's ridiculously irrelevant, but kinda funny you remember that level of detail about it. :D

Ike, is it your goal to make other people here upset? What do you think that accomplishes? You have definitely succeeded in being annoying. Sometimes cruel and heartless. Do you view that as therapeutic?

What do you think my rage is displaced from, Ike?

I lecture out of love, Ike. Seriously, the deepest love for human beings a person can have. Watching students grow in wisdom fills my heart with joy. You have the wrong emotion.

"You helped me understand something I never really understood before ..." ... that's one of the main joys I get out of doing it. Not for my ego, for the feeling of helping another person.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, I just think it's ridiculously irrelevant, but kinda funny you remember that level of detail about it. :D

Ike, is it your goal to make other people here upset? What do you think that accomplishes? You have definitely succeeded in being annoying. Sometimes cruel and heartless. Do you view that as therapeutic?

I lecture out of love, Ike. Seriously, the deepest love for human beings a person can have. Watching students grow in wisdom fills my heart with joy. You have the wrong emotion.

Oh yes sir, you're just the Brotha Luv of RFL. :roll: Backstabbing spineless weasel. Like you give a shit about anybody but yourself.

You want to know why I'm here? What my goal is? I'm here to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. The latter being you, the SJW, and the twin toadies.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're holding yourself up as the counterexample, I suppose. :rw)

Am I pretending to be a goddess of love like Marianne Williamson? Nah, I think people need more than just light and love. It's not my gig. That still doesn't teach them how to fix their computer. If we are going to give everybody in this country health care, you need a plan for doing it. You need more thinking that goes into it than "love everybody". But I don't teach because i'm angry at the world or people ... it's because I really respect what my students are capable of, and they always impress me because MOST of them are anything BUT "stupid". Helping a student grow into what they are capable of ... the great joy of any teacher.

Am I angry at Donald Trump? Yeah, I think it's the damage he's doing to the country. I really don't care what relationship he had with Fred.

You asked me why I teach, and that includes here, and that is the honest answer.

You piss me off, it's true, but it's because of the way you act. I can't figure out the exact reason why, which is why I asked.

I have read that confrontation with the patient is a key part of primal therapy. Do you think confronting other people helps them?

Last edited by ProfessorX on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

You want to know why I'm here? What my goal is? I'm here to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. The latter being you, the SJW, and the twin toadies.

Very bizarre. Who are the afflicted? Who are the comfortable? I know in what group you've placed me, what's your criteria? Who else would you put in those two categories?

What are you doing that comforts the afflicted? I know you feel justified in afflicting other people.

What makes YOU NOT a selfish prick that only cares about himself?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Still more questions? Some people never learn.

Interrogation is misdirected rage.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Asking you to back up your own claims is only “interrogation” to someone with a severe persecution/messiah/entitlement-issues/God Complex.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Still more questions? Some people never learn.

Can't help it. Things need to make sense to me. You're not making sense. I could be easily confused, it's possible, but you don't make sense. You play some weird kind of game, I don't get the point of it.

To get me in touch with my feelings? Maybe, but then you should stop telling me you know what they are. :D Cuz you're usually off.

Quote:

Is this your attempt to prove through example?

Ike Bana wrote:
Care to say why you feel all cops are dirty gangbangers in uniform?
Care to say why you feel all ICE and Border Patrol agents are trash?
Care to say why you feel all white conservative males are perverts?

You've asked some of these questions of Carmen close to a dozen times. Is that rage? Is it misdirected?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:02 am 
Board Emeritus

Lecturing, teaching, preaching ... all that displaced rage.

Your mentor Mr. Lee has done a lot of lecturing and teaching and even some preaching (IMHO) ... is that all misdirected and misplaced rage too? He seems to have been an academic ... shudder.

What I find even more interesting is what in, before he went into private practice as a therapist. What are the licensing standards there in TX? He didn't seem to have any actual background to prepare him for doing so. He did however deal with popular culture, literature, and mythology. Was he a crank for that too? I'll bet if one dug deep he might have even mentioned comic superheroes. But I digress.

Did he teach and lecture out of "rage" too? :roll:

https://johnleebooks.com/john-lees-curriculum-vitae/

1981-1987
University of Texas, Austin, TX
Instructor: Taught Humanities, American Literature, Popular Culture, and Freshman Comp in the English Department.

1981-1987
Austin Community College, Austin, TX
Instructor: Taught Religious Studies, Humanities, and American Literature.

1978-1981
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Instructor: Taught American Literature, Film and American Studies. Started as a Teaching Assistant, then was hired upon graduation as a full time instructor for courses listed above.

Then in 1985 he goes into Private Practice. I don't get how. Didn't seem like this academic career was much of a preparation for doing therapy. He says he "concentrated" in psychology while being a PhD candidate in American Studies. Candidate means he never finished his doctorate. American Studies is basically cultural studies focusing on popular American culture (which definitely often includes comic book superheroes and characters like Elsa from Frozen, but I digress) ... nobody "concentrates" in psychology while doing it ... how much training did he actually have in psychology? Doesn't seem like much.

He becomes involved in the men's movement with Robert Bly. Many people think the men's movement was a backlash against feminism because one of the core ideas was that feminism somehow made men lose touch with their masculinity.. What do you think Ike? (I know. I may not get an answer. And I'll be told this is 'misplaced rage'. Still gonna ask.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:27 am 
Board Emeritus

I want to return to your other mentor, Art Janov. In 1975, he wrote a book with Dr. E.M. Holden, called Primal Man: The New Consciousness.
https://www.amazon.com/Primal-Man-Consc ... 069001015X

Dr. Holden became a born-again Christian a few years after writing this book. Says primal therapy really works, but Jesus works better.
http://primal-page.com/holden.htm

So do you know what? Primal therapy is not the cure for neurosis. It helps. But it is not the cure for neurosis. God is the cure for neurosis, because God can take all pain out of you. God has graciously done that for me. I consider myself absolutely pain free. I've asked the Lord to come into the cellar of my life and clean me out. And folks, I'm clean. No more primal Pain, no more reservoir, no more nightmares, no more death awareness, no more primal Pain nightmares, no sick behaviors. Praise God. It's a lot better than primal therapy to be a Christian.

[snip][end]

But I digress. What's really interesting are some passages from that book:
It is my belief that primal people represent a new kind of human being, perhaps the first individuals in thousands of years of human life who can feel and who can grasp the meaning of feeling and Its relevance to human existence. It is possible that sometime after recorded history began, ‘civilized’ man lost his feelings and lost his understanding of their existence and their nature. The social structures he has erected have been around his feelings rather than out of them. For the first time perhaps in thousands of years of human existence we have found a way back to our feelings and our humanity. We have finally grasped the techniques to make man human again and with that to permit the existence of truly human societies without war, exploitation, mental illness, and crime. We know what the techniques are. The question is: Can a society without consciousness — a society where neurotics are the ruling class — utilize those techniques?
(Janov and Holden 111 :77ول)

All of the observations, theory and research cited herein lead us to one central conclusion: there is a new quality of consciousness available to man, a consciousness not possible to attain heretofore in the thousands of years of man’s recorded history. It is not that man has not been previously capable of this consciousness. Rather, the Pains of his everyday life have sealed his normal consciousness and left him with a false consciousness. I believe this new primal consciousness is the only hope if mankind is to survive, for it is out of neurotic consciousness that social institutions are erected — and ft is those institutions which suppress feeling, keep man neurotic and cause his societies to self-destruct.
(Ibid.)

Wow. So primal therapy will eradicate not just all mental illness, but all ... crime. Interesting. Art had the key to restoring humans to their authentic self lost for thousands of years! Back we go to the Garden of Eden! He WAS Jesus Christ Superstar! This really reminds me of Freud's Civilization and its Discontents. BTW, what it really reminds me is of Fight Club. :D

Ike, in that book, Art Janov essentially argues politics is a wasted endeavor. Politicians will never be able to fix society because they are all neurotic and thus will simply create neurotic institutions. It is not possible to fix any social problems until people are reconnected to their "primal self" and all their neurosis is cured - through PT, of course. Political change is impossible until people reconnect to their authentic, "primal" self. Ike, is any of this reflected in your oft-expressed cynicism about politics and politicians? About the impossibility of actually changing people or their behavior? Is this why you say things like the Civil Rights Act didn't change peoples' "core behavior" and thus don't work? Art also felt the U.S. was a "shithole" country but the only fix for the problem was psychological - political activism and normal efforts at involvement in the system would always fail until the neurotic basis of society was ended. Isn't this kinda also the view you keep expressing?

You can call that interrogation. I call them, questions that have occurred to me.

Do I hold some anger? Toward people who claim they can cure cancer, offering snake oil therapy, while people like my mother suffer from it? Guilty as charged.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 am 
Board Emeritus

Finally, I do have one more question. I know, my misdirected rage is just a volcano of hot lava.

When someone tells me my rage is misdirected, I wonder. What should my rage be directed at? This is an easy one to answer.

Yes, I haven't "learned" Ike has now decided asking questions is an interrogation and represents rage.

That still doesn't mean I'm not interested in actual answers, over other people being evasive and deceptive and ... manipulative.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:28 am 
Board Emeritus

Finally, I do have one more question. I know, my misdirected rage is just a volcano of hot lava.

When someone tells me my rage is misdirected, I wonder. What should my rage be directed at? This is an easy one to answer.

Yes, I haven't "learned" Ike has now decided asking questions is an interrogation and represents rage.

That still doesn't mean I'm not interested in actual answers, over other people being evasive and deceptive and ... manipulative.

Bullshit. Your questions aren't questions. They're statements in question form. Just like the SJW's questions. Just like an attorney's questions. That's why it's interrogation. You two are cut from the same narcissistic cloth.

So go right on ahead. Make some more statements in question form, perfesser. Waste your time. It's of no concern to me.

PS - you don't give a shit about Curtis' car? Good. Be advised, I don't give a shit about any of your research on the writings of Art Janov, John Lee or anybody else, or critiques of their work by anybody else. The last time I had lunch with John Lee he made it clear that he was also disinterested in any of the sort of feedback I see here from the likes of you. And he suggested the same for everybody. Nope...no time for your negative feedback...we got plenty of our own. So you just go ahead on and waste more of your time with any of this egocentric academe related input if you're so inclined. Whatever tickles your pickle, perfesser. It's no skin off my nose. Got it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bullshit. Your questions aren't questions. They're statements in question form.

Like .... "Carmen, are ALL conservative males perverts, or just SOME"? "Or, Carmen, are ALL police liars and members of ICE/CBP trash?"

The weird thing ... almost all of them she has answered, and you continue to ignore the answers. That I find odd, speaking of interrogation.

Quote:
PS - you don't give a shit about Curtis' car?

You could also tell me about the air freshener he kept on the dash, Ike. Maybe the racing stripes and flames he put on the hood? I don't get why it matters, but fine. :D

Float your boat. If he had a boat, please tell me about that too. :D

Quote:
The last time I had lunch with John Lee he made it clear that he was also disinterested in any of the sort of feedback I see here from the likes of you.

That's cool Ike. He appears to live in Austin, TX. You live in the area of Chicago, IL. Do you fly out to have lunch with him often? :mrgreen:

I'm not saying you may not have met him and had lunch. I'll put some donuts on it being unlikely it was recent enough that you discussed me and our current discussion. :D

Quote:
t's no skin off my nose.

K. BTW, you are not the only person here, speaking of self absorption, and I think the info about this stuff is useful to other people. As a warning.

Have a nice day, Ike. I think you need them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:10 pm 

So when Lucy talk made her snarky comments about the blonde did I hear any hysterical outrage outta you about comments about member's personal relationships? Fuck no. Did I hear any outrage out of any of the other thoughtful socially sensitive libs on this forum? Fuck no. So you're a fucking hypocrite in top of everything else.

Maybe since Lucy wasnt called out I just figured...hey it's OK with Libby, it must be Ok.

i made a comment about your signature ~ as usual you blew it outta proportion. how's that working for ya?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next