2020 General Election thread...

What's up today?

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Re: 2020 General Election thread...

Post by rainwater »

he. does. nothing. to. help. the. country. america.

like a junkie he takes and takes and takes. there is nothing left.
it is burning to the dirt and the citizens are dying due to #trumpandemic and ama-zone ET AL
are making billions and billions off it all while they can.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids, They speak
for all that is cruel stupid, They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of
these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it, Fuck them.
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

any posts here in support of this sadist surely must be russian trolls.

we saw 400-500 users on this board Daily over late winter into spring. who were all those 'users'?
they werent us, now today we have 122 users viewing this board and the posts put here.

now surely, am i to believe that not one of those is a russian troll. ?
srsly?
Last edited by rainwater on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids, They speak
for all that is cruel stupid, They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

heres your fucking campaign money he claims to have spent.
it came from russia: big shock.

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/mich ... 1280965724
All In
Michael Cohen: Trump believed Putin was behind his $50M profit in sale of mansion

In an exclusive interview with Rachel Maddow, Donald Trump's former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen offers up some valuable insight into the way that Trump thinks about Putin.Sept. 8, 2020
HST.

marindem01
Policy Wonk
Location: 3.5 Miles From The North Tower of The Golden Gate Bridge

Post by marindem01 »

rainwater wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:11 pm
he. does. nothing. to. help. the. country. america.

like a junkie he takes and takes and takes. there is nothing left.
it is burning to the dirt and the citizens are dying due to #trumpandemic and ama-zone ET AL
are making billions and billions off it all while they can.
Like most junkies 45 has poor inpluse control. Also like most junkies, he is over grown child and in constant need of attention.
"The Clouded Mind See's Nothing", The Shadow.

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

marindem01 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:40 pm
Like most junkies 45 has poor inpluse control. Also like most junkies, he is over grown child and in constant need of attention.
Like most people with poor impulse control he has a need to control and dominate everything to prevent people from showing others what an asshole and know-nothing he really is. He insults and calls people names to try and shut them up which is why I think republicans don't have the backbone to stand up to him. They're afraid of him calling them a derogatory name which will make them look bad.
When you vote Left you vote right.

Sam Lefthand
Board Emeritus

Post by Sam Lefthand »

rainwater wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:40 pm
any posts here in support of this sadist surely must be russian trolls.

we saw 400-500 users on this board Daily over late winter into spring. who were all those 'users'?
they werent us, now today we have 122 users viewing this board and the posts put here.

now surely, am i to believe that not one of those is a russian troll. ?
srsly?
Rain, I think they are search engine bots. That doesn't necessarily mean they are from search engines like the ones we use to search, big business has scads of them for business purposes. I imagine the Russians and Chinese have them too.

Anyway any way it turns out who our guests are, I don't think they're people. That "Users" and for that matter "trolls" do not necessarily mean people.

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Are you sick and tired of Republican gerrymandering? This right here is how we fight it

This is it. This is our last, best chance to stop Republicans nationwide from gerrymandering themselves into power for another 10 years. It all depends on winning a broad swath of crucial elections this fall for state legislatures across the country.

If we prevail, we can finally unwind the distorted maps that have allowed Republicans to lock in minority rule for too long. If we don’t, we face another decade of watching GOP politicians choose their voters rather than the other way around.
https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/9/1 ... e-fight-it

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

Sam Lefthand wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:30 pm
Rain, I think they are search engine bots. That doesn't necessarily mean they are from search engines like the ones we use to search, big business has scads of them for business purposes. I imagine the Russians and Chinese have them too.

Anyway any way it turns out who our guests are, I don't think they're people. That "Users" and for that matter "trolls" do not necessarily mean people.
yah i realize that, and on May 12 we had 488 of them here.
HST.

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Preston Love Jr. announces write-in candidacy against Sen. Ben Sasse

North Omaha activist Preston Love Jr. made history Thursday with a campaign bid he hoped could be made by someone else.

The Nebraska Democratic Party announced its support for Love as its favored write-in candidate, making him Nebraska’s first Black Senate candidate backed by a major political party in a general election.

https://omaha.com/news/state-and-region ... op-story-1

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Ridiculous

Burlington woman launches effort to recall Governor Evers

BURLINGTON — Following riots and violence in Kenosha, Gov. Tony Evers and Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes have received criticism for their response.

A Walworth County woman is going even further and has filed paperwork to try to oust them both from office through a recall effort that is starting to gain momentum in southeastern Wisconsin.

https://www.lakegenevanews.net/news/loc ... 210f0.html

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Federal appeals court rules against Florida felons, which means most can’t vote

A federal appeals court on Friday overturned a judge’s ruling that Floridians with felony convictions don’t have to pay off all court fees and fines before voting, dealing a setback to advocates for 2018′s Amendment 4.

In a 6-4 ruling, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit ruled that the plaintiffs did not prove a violation of the U.S. Constitution. The plaintiffs included more than a dozen people with felony convictions who accused Gov. Ron DeSantis and Florida lawmakers of imposing a “poll tax” by requiring them to pay off all court-ordered costs relating to their felony convictions before voting.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 64660.html

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Voting Rights Roundup: Court upholds Florida GOP's poll tax preventing 775,000 citizens from voting

Leading Off

● Florida: On Friday, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals overturned a lower court ruling that had struck down the Florida GOP's modern-day poll tax, making it all but certain that the law will remain in effect for November.

Republicans passed their law last year after voters amended Florida's constitution in 2018 to end lifetime voter disenfranchisement for up to 1.4 million people who had served out sentences for all but the most serious crimes. An expert witness for the plaintiffs estimated that 775,000 citizens would be unable to pay the poll tax, in large part because Florida levies onerous fines to fund its court system. The court noted, for instance, that one county charges a minimum of $668 for a public defender—and $548 even for defendants who forgo one. Furthermore, 43% of the disenfranchised are Black, roughly three times the African American share of the state's overall adult population.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/9 ... rom-voting

marindem01
Policy Wonk

Post by marindem01 »

Well, it is day of the week that ends in "Y" so guess what, 45 told yet another whopper of lie.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/trump- ... tter-rant/.

45 claims to have received the "Bay of Pigs" Award. The only problem being of course, there is no such award.

Now watch as his brain sycophantic followers dig up other obscure websites to verify this claim, it is what they do....defend his lies.

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Start Of Pa. Election On Hold Due To Ballot Delay

(CNN) — In the latest sign of the chaos overshadowing the 2020 election, none of Pennsylvania’s counties will be able to send out ballots to voters Monday, the first day the critical battleground state allows counties to do so.

Due to a slew of lawsuits and other issues, the commonwealth, which has drawn intense interest from Democrats and Republicans after June’s disastrous primary, has not finalized its ballot less than eight weeks before Election Day.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/09 ... -election/

bengal59

Post by bengal59 »

In other news in the past week you may or may not have heard, on Thursday, Roger Stone on Infowars called for the declaration of Martial Law and overthrow of the election in case 666 loses the election! Also, yesterday, on the Sunday morning talk shows, one of the GOP chairs made the statement to look at Biden's record of handling the COVID-19 virus and he can't run from that! Now tell me if I missed something recently, but when did Joe Biden become president?

bradman
Policy Wonk

Post by bradman »

i heard.

i also hear Trump is babbling something about two more terms and that the only way the Dems can win is by throwing the election.

He's trying to calm fears.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. - Will Rogers

marindem01
Policy Wonk

Post by marindem01 »

bengal59 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:58 am
In other news in the past week you may or may not have heard, on Thursday, Roger Stone on Infowars called for the declaration of Martial Law and overthrow of the election in case 666 loses the election! Also, yesterday, on the Sunday morning talk shows, one of the GOP chairs made the statement to look at Biden's record of handling the COVID-19 virus and he can't run from that! Now tell me if I missed something recently, but when did Joe Biden become president?
Yeah, I read about that. It happened on George Stephanopoulas yesterday. He actually tried to blame the COVID response on Joe Biden, who as I can best recall is NOT in the White House right now. That is is level out right stupid there is right now. Deflect, misdirect and fucking LIE.

45 is responsible for the total lack of any federal response, but hey Joe Biden is running and we can shift blame to him.

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

bengal59 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:58 am
The convict Stone is just seeking attention just like his idol, Trump, whose ass he's crawled up into.

As for Biden not doing anything about COVID-19, as you pointed out Biden wasn't president. I've read that Trump's surrogates are criticizing him for not doing anything about it when he was Vice-President. The fallacy of their argument is the COVID-19 virus was identified in 2019. COVID-19 isn't the 19th strain of COVID virus but the 19 represents the year in which it was discovered.
When you vote Left you vote right.

ProfessorX
Board Emeritus

Post by ProfessorX »

Once again, the actual facts are, Obama and Biden established a pandemic task force, which while they didn't know specifically yet about COVID-19, were set up to handle something like it, and Trump dismantled it when he took office.

Those are pesky facts, the kind I like to remind voters about.
-- Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.
Malaclypse the Younger

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

‘Full Democratic sweep’: Wells Fargo analyst unnerves Fox Business host with election forecast

Paul Christopher of the Wells Fargo Investment Institute told Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo that he expects a “full Democratic sweep” of the Senate, House of Representatives and White House in November.

“We think the House stays with the Democrats and the Senate goes whichever way the White House goes,” Christopher said. “At this point, that looks to be for the Democrats. It would be a single party government, which we’ve had in the past and markets have done pretty well under that scenario, whether Republican or Democrat.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/full-d ... -forecast/

Motor City
Board Emeritus

Post by Motor City »

Ohio judge derides restriction of 1 ballot box per county
A directive that restricted Ohio counties to one ballot drop box in November was arbitrary and unreasonable, a county judge ruled Tuesday, delivering the Republican secretary of state in the presidential battleground another in a series of blows to his policies.

The office of Secretary of State Frank LaRose said he would soon appeal the decision by Franklin County Common Pleas Judge Richard Frye, assuming the judge follows through and invalidates the secretary's drop-box order.

For now, Frye's ruling doesn't change anything, LaRose spokesperson Maggie Sheehan said in a written statement, "and the Secretary’s directive remains in place.”

Access to ballot drop boxes has become an urgent matter nationally, with in-person voting options restricted by the coronavirus pandemic and the efficiency and security of mail-in voting questioned amid cutbacks at the U.S. Postal Service.

It is often the largely Democratic urban counties — such as Cuyahoga, home to Cleveland — that look to expand the number of drop boxes. Cuyahoga must serve more than 860,000 registered voters with only a single drop box under LaRose’s order.......................

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

why does tv keep giving him a platform to babble. i mean i get it for the money but why isnt
anyone saying..'mrprez you are babbling making no sense'...

..he makes no sense!...he makes no sense!...he makes no sense!!
HST.

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

A late change to the 2020 General Election ballot sparks outcry from Alaska Democrats

A quiet change to Alaska’s 2020 general election ballot has drawn the ire of the Alaska Democratic Party, which says the move is biased, lacks transparency and was disclosed days before ballots are mailed to overseas voters.

Candidates no longer have their party registrations listed on the ballot. Instead, they’re only listed as the nominee of a particular party or as having entered a race through the petition process.

https://www.adn.com/politics/2020/09/14 ... democrats/

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

no idea where which thread to put shit in.
the sadist is stressing this guy out.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/1 ... aff-415206
Trump HHS appointee apologizes to staff after going on rant about armed insurrections--
He blamed his recent behavior on a combination of physical health issues and the toll of fielding death threats against his family. Caputo also acknowledged that he had never read one of the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports, despite his team's ongoing efforts to try to edit those documents.
HST.

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Judge rejects challenge to Vermont mail-in voting plan

A federal court on Wednesday refused to block Vermont’s plans to mail all active voters a ballot for the November election.

U.S. District Judge Geoffrey Crawford rejected a motion for a preliminary injunction blocking the plan, giving the five Vermont citizens challenging the voting system 30 days to file a notice of appeal, according to The Associated Press.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... ed_content