Democratic - 222

Republican - 10

Nay

Democratic - 0

Republican - 197

Totals

Yea - 232

Nay - 197

House Resolution 24 Passes. The Traitor Is IMPEACHED!!!
Last edited by marindem01 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Clouded Mind See's Nothing", The Shadow.

Drak
Board Emeritus

Re: Traitor Is Impeached...For A Second Time

Post by Drak »

Even though only 10 Republicans voted in favor, apparently this is the most bipartisan impeachment vote ever.
The Nightmare, is coming to an end.

Drak
Board Emeritus

Post by Drak »

Trump is supposed to be giving a video speech tonight on this. Media should NOT air it. He's going to incite more.

marindem01
Policy Wonk
Location: 3.5 Miles From The North Tower of The Golden Gate Bridge

Post by marindem01 »

At Least 10-Republicans put Country ahead of Party.
Last edited by marindem01 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drak
Board Emeritus

Post by Drak »

And now, let's head over to Trump's Twitter feed for comment:

marindem01
Policy Wonk

Post by marindem01 »

Drak wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:54 pm
Trump is supposed to be giving a video speech tonight on this. Media should NOT air it. He's going to incite more.
Like the rest of his mindless drivel, I will not watch. The Traitor will make it about him and how he is the victim.
Last edited by marindem01 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

Whewwwww I can't wait for the Senate trial/vote.

This is really going to be something, especially seeing that more than 2 R's jumped ship from Donald Trump.

McConnell is watching, and he's also watching Intel, Capital One, Cisco, Walmart, and others that Judd Legum is reporting on jump ship.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum

These conservatives don't care what was done by the confederates, and don't even care that the confederates came for their heads on a stick. All they care about is $$$$$$.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Rightwing extremism" is a redundant phrase.

Drak
Board Emeritus

Post by Drak »

#MoscowMitch made a statement that the trial will take place under Biden's presidency. Mitch is playing games, but who's surprised.

Drak
Board Emeritus

Post by Drak »

glenfs wrote:
Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:44 am
There were reasons to impeach Clinton beyond the Lewinsky affair. What saved him was IMO two things. First our robust economy and second Lewinsky's appearance. I believe had she been 5'2" 105 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes public opinion would have been much different and he would have been forced to resign.
Her appearance? WTF?

And what reasons? Like attempting to extort another country for fabricated dirt on a political opponent? Or ordering an attack on the capital in order to install himself as a King?

marindem01
Policy Wonk

Post by marindem01 »

Drak wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:15 pm
Her appearance? WTF?

And what reasons? Like attempting to extort another country for fabricated dirt on a political opponent? Or ordering an attack on the capital in order to install himself as a King?
One was about a Blowjob.

The Traitor is now the only sitting U.S. President to be impeached twice. The only sitting U.S. President to be impeached for Incitement of Insurrection.
Last edited by marindem01 on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bradman
Policy Wonk

Post by bradman »

C'mon Mitch. Surprise me.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. - Will Rogers

Doremus Jessup
Policy Wonk

Post by Doremus Jessup »

bradman wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:59 pm
C'mon Mitch. Surprise me.
I expect he’ll leave for Chuck to handle.

bradman
Policy Wonk

Post by bradman »

Doremus Jessup wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:20 pm
I expect he’ll leave for Chuck to handle.
That i don't want.

For Mitch to tie this up by tomorrow night would work though.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. - Will Rogers

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

marindem01 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:37 pm
One was about a Blowjob.

The Traitor is now the only sitting U.S. President to be impeached twice. The only sitting U.S. President to be impeached for Incitement of Insurrection.
Clinton's impeachment was about lying about a blowjob, hardly rises to the standard of a high crime or misdemeanor. Nobody was killed/murdered, nobody was injured, and no damage to public/private property occurred.

Trump, on the other hand, encouraged the rioters/domestic terrorists to march on the Capitol Building where the certification of the election was taking place. Assault and battery on Capitol Hill employees including two capitol police killed, four civilians killed, numerous injuries, possible spread of COVID-19 to members of Congress when republicans refuse to mask while in lockdown, property damaged done to the Capitol Building, theft of government property, and attempted overthrow of the Congress. Even with all this 197 repubicans didn't think any of the immediately above rose to the standard of an impeachment. Come 2022, these republicans need to be voted out of officer.
When you vote Left you vote right.

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

Why does the number 232 sound familiar?

It's the number of Electoral Votes Trump won and the number of votes he received for a second impeachment
When you vote Left you vote right.

marindem01
Policy Wonk

Post by marindem01 »

Number6 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:40 pm
Why does the number 232 sound familiar?

It's the number of Electoral Votes Trump won and the number of votes he received for a second impeachment
Poetic Justice.

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Biden calls on Senate to pursue impeachment along with the nation's 'other urgent business'

(CNN) President-elect Joe Biden on Wednesday urged the Senate to conduct the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump while simultaneously working on other critical issues, indicating a desire to settle the proceedings against Trump that are likely to remain unresolved when Biden takes office.

While he said in a statement Wednesday that the House's vote "to impeach and hold the president accountable" was "a bipartisan vote cast by members who followed the Constitution and their conscience," Biden wants to hit the ground running on a broad spectrum of economic and public health initiatives when he takes office next week. He said the Senate needs to be able to follow through on Trump's impeachment trial while working on his agenda.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics ... index.html

Motor City
Board Emeritus

Post by Motor City »

Rashida Tlaib was right

On Wednesday, the House voted to impeach President Trump for "incitement of insurrection," following the horrifying images from last week in which a mob of Confederate flag-waving Trump-supporting fascists stormed the Capitol to attempt to overturn the election, resulting in a bloody clash that left five dead.

Tlaib released the following statement:

“Unity cannot happen without accountability, truth, and reconciliation. Today, I voted to impeach Donald Trump for an unprecedented second time to hold him accountable for his incitement of the deadly attack on the United States Capitol and our democracy last week.

I’ve called for the impeachment and removal of Donald Trump since the day I arrived in Washington, D.C. Donald Trump is a tyrant who has continued to endanger and bring harm upon the people of the United States, taking cruel joy in inflicting pain on our most vulnerable neighbors. Last week’s attack on the Capitol was the culmination of Trump’s destructive reign in this country and his unending assault on truth and reality. He must be removed and barred from ever holding public office again.

As white nationalists, unhinged conspiracy theorists, and other Trump loyalists continue to plot armed insurrection on social media platforms and the twice-impeached President insists he’s done nothing wrong, we cannot wait and hope a peaceful transition of power happens on January 20th. Trump and his supporters have already displayed that peace is nowhere in their minds. It’s time for the Senate to act and remove Donald Trump from office.

Let’s be clear: this did not begin with Donald Trump and it certainly will not end with Donald Trump. The Republican Party has actively encouraged and benefitted from the rise of Trump’s brand of bitter fascism. There are members of Congress who must be held accountable for their incitement as well. Above all, the widespread undercurrent of white nationalism running through our society and our chambers must be confronted honestly and eliminated. Deep inequality and state-sanctioned discrimination do not disappear when Trump leaves office and won’t ever unless we root it out.

The violence, destruction, and oppression of Trumpism will continue to happen, unless we, as elected leaders in this country, commit to doing the hard work of ensuring that every one of our neighbors has a country operating upon a foundation of true justice and equity for all.”