Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

the next time you want a muther fucking war you go do it yourselves
cuz no one wants to hear your goddamn whining about how much it costs to cage those
who survive your fucking wars.
#youfuckingmoochers.
:mgun: :mgun: :mgun:

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news ... -come?lite
Post-9/11 veterans in 2012 cost the VA $2.8 billion of its annual $50.9 billion health budget, records show. And that number is expected to increase by $510 million in 2013, according to the VA.
DO YOU SEE THAT?..THATS JUST POST 'THAT DAY' YOU CHEAP FUCKERS
and only the claims you have Done.

Jerral Hancock wakes up every night in Lancaster, Calif., around 1 a.m., dreaming he is trapped in a burning tank. He opens his eyes, but he can’t move, he can’t get out of bed and he can’t get a drink of water.
Each polytrauma patient costs the VA on average $136,000 annually, according to a CBO report, using VA data from 2004 through 2009. And many of their medical issues will never go away.

With the $100,000 the Pentagon gave Hancock for his injuries when he was discharged, he bought two mobile homes outside Los Angeles, one for him and his two children, ages 9 and 6, and one for his mother and stepfather, who take care of him full time. Hancock supports them all with his monthly disability check. :o :o
Even with all the money that the VA spends on Hancock’s care, he still lives in a mobile home, and his bedroom has little extra space with a hospital bed and a wheelchair in it. He can’t fit into his kids’ bedrooms. He can’t drink a glass of water on his own. And his air conditioning hardly works, even though he can’t be in the heat for too long because his burns prevent him from sweating.

Hancock’s children also have had to adjust.
“My son watched me walk off — he was going on 3 — and I jumped on a bus with a couple hundred pounds of gear,” he said. “The next time he saw me, I lost 100 pounds … I looked like a skeleton and I had tubes coming out everywhere… My daughter, this is all she knows.”

This story was edited for length; read the full piece at 'Back Home': The enduring battles facing
post-9/11 veterans.
http://backhome.news21.com/article/health/
Health Care Costs Mount as Injured Veterans Survive Longer 8-24-13

god bless Nate.
https://twitter.com/TheCombatNurse
Whatever doesn't kill me makes me discharged from the Army with a VA rated percentage of
disability compensation.

Last edited by rainwater on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

well, it sure dont take a lot of time to find those who Are Aware.
this channel did an Extensive series covering all aspects, that i can see.
its... oh fuck, read it yourself.

http://backhome.news21.com/article/overview/
Veterans Come Home to Unprepared Nation
by News21 Staff | News21 Published Aug. 24, 2013

In the 12 years since American troops first deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq, more than 2.6 million veterans have returned home to a country largely unprepared to meet their needs. The government that sent them to war has failed on many levels to fulfill its obligations to these veterans as demanded by Congress and promised by both Republican and Democratic administrations, a News21 investigation has found.

http://backhome.news21.com/article/claims/
VA Workers Rewarded for Avoiding Difficult Disability Claims
...In 2011, a year in which the claims backlog ballooned by 155 percent, more than two-thirds of claims processors shared $5.5 million in bonuses, ....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

this is what vets Have to deal with whether they like it or not. they are Not free
to live where they may rather live.

they get Access to base and or, what was, tricare PCMs.
its like being trapped.

http://backhome.news21.com/interactive/ ... teractive/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

this one is a real pisser. i know a lot of vet orgs who dont like this at all.
as well, most all 'giving' is for new vets who have a lot of orgs helping
them while other vets arent getting shit.
these 501c3 deals really help those who set them up, the vets not so much.
http://backhome.news21.com/article/charities-data/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

this news site is Quite extensive on the topic of veterans.

http://backhome.news21.com/article/paperless/
Published Aug. 24, 2013

The Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense spent at least $1.3 billion during the
last four years trying unsuccessfully to develop a single electronic health-records system between the
two departments — leaving veterans’ disability claims to continue piling up in paper files across the
country, a News21 investigation shows.
This does not include billions of other dollars wasted during the last three decades, including
$2 billion spent on a failed upgrade to the DOD’s existing electronic health-records system.
“It’s frustrating. It’s been inefficient for service members to have to hand-deliver records from
one system to another when they get out of the military,” then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta
said at the time. “It doesn’t make a hell of a lot of sense.”
it does you moron, theyve been doing it for Decades.
after two years and more than $1 billion spent on a single, joint integrated electronic health record
between the DOD and VA, the department’s two secretaries in February canceled the plan with
little explanation.
...the VA has moved to invest $12 billion over five years on an entirely new project called Transformation Twenty-One Total Technology, or T4, to upgrade its own technologies. Those upgrades are
supposed to include interoperable software that can be used between the VA and DOD.
...According to contract data gathered by News21, the VA began paying companies for the project
in July 2011, at the same time money was still being spent by both the DOD and VA on the single,
joint health care records system.
In fact, one of the VA’s contractors, Harris Corp., has a multiyear contract with the VA worth
$80.3 million to create software....The 2014 DOD budget requests $466.9 million
or “initial outfitting” and “replacement and modernization” of its current health care record.

http://www.propublica.org/article/lost- ... y-veterans
When War Records Go Missing
Lost to History: Missing War Records Complicate Benefit Claims by Iraq, Afghanistan Veterans
A strange thing happened when Christopher DeLara filed for disability benefits after
his tour in Iraq: The U.S. Army said it had no records showing he had ever been overseas.
....The Army said it could find no field records documenting any of these incidents.

The military has also lost or destroyed records from Afghanistan, according to officials and previously undisclosed documents.
"I can't even start to describe the dimensions of the problem," said Conrad C. Crane, director
of the U.S. Army's Military History Institute. "I fear we're never really going to know clearly
what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan because we don't have the records."

The Army, with its dominant presence in both theaters, has the biggest deficiencies. But the U.S.
Central Command in Iraq (Centcom), which had overall authority, also lost records, according
to reports and other documents obtained by ProPublica under the Freedom of Information Act.

Recordkeeping was so poor in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2007 that "very few Operation
ENDURING FREEDOM records were saved anywhere, either for historians' use, or for the
services' documentary needs for unit heritage, or for the increasing challenge with documenting
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)," according to an Army report from 2009.
Entire brigades deployed from 2003 to 2008 could not produce any field records, documents
from the U.S. Army Center of Military History show.
Already, thousands of veterans have reported respiratory problems and other health effects
after exposure to toxic fumes from huge burn pits that were commonly used to dispose of
garbage in Iraq and Afghanistan.
i helped a DStorm vet who had NO record of ever being in kuwait sleeping near
uranium cans. he was there, i proved that. i found his 'splinter off'. theyd send one guy
here one guy there so no one knew where ANY of their unit was.

60minutes or CNN did a long story last year on the countless times vets WALK their
records in hand VA the copy and NEVER see them again. they do this month after
month after month. year after year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

here's the thing.
im not pissed at O.

what im pissed at is this.
we live in a fucking country where some tek co can get a site up and running
to make a zillion personal fucking bucks for fucking pleasure and fucking fun
but these same fuckers cant get either a VA system, or, a single payer system
up and fucking running.

are you fucking kidding me.

man this is some tek CON going on.

:mgun: :mgun: :mgun: :mgun: :mgun: :mgun:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:14 am 
Board Emeritus

HOW MUCH WILL THIS COST?

lets all hunt for the records we burned in pits and spend a shitload of money
on our travel and meals and clothes and fun shit while we make sure the vets
cough the fuck up and pay for this: we wouldnt be doing this if theyd all just died.

http://www.propublica.org/article/army- ... ery-effort

http://www.propublica.org/article/congr ... ar-records

http://www.propublica.org/article/veter ... ar-records

http://www.propublica.org/article/us-ho ... ar-records

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:09 am 
Board Emeritus

yeh, twitter is amazing.

http://www.medlaw.com/healthlaw/Medical ... rint.shtml
January 6, 2014
VA Loses More Data On Hundreds Of Thousands Of Vets
VA and VA’s Office of Inspector General have learned that data files the employee was working with may have included sensitive VA-related information on approximately 535,000 individuals.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) today issued an update on the information potentially contained on a missing government-owned, portable hard drive used by a VA employee at a Department facility in Birmingham, Ala.

“Our investigation into this incident continues, but I believe it is important to provide the public additional details as quickly as we can,” said Jim Nicholson, Secretary of Veterans Affairs. “I am concerned and will remain so until we have notified those potentially affected and get to the bottom of what happened.
“VA will continue working around the clock to determine every possible detail we can,” Nicholson said.

VA and VA’s Office of Inspector General have learned that data files the employee was working with may have included sensitive VA-related information on approximately 535,000 individuals. The investigation has also determined that information on approximately 1.3 million non-VA physicians – both living and deceased – could have been stored on the missing hard drive. It is believed though, that most of the physician information is readily available to the public. Some of the files, however, may contain sensitive information.
Next week, VA will begin making notifications to individuals whose sensitive information may have been on the hard drive. VA is also making arrangements to provide one year of free credit monitoring to those whose information proves compromised.

“VA is unwavering in our resolve to bolster our data security measures,” Nicholson added. “We remain focused on doing everything that can be done to protect the personal information with which we are entrusted.”

VA Loses Education Benefits Records For College Programs - Topic
Posted: 12:37 p.m. Friday, Aug. 31, 2012 Lost VA records delay vets from receiving college benefits Feds and state differ on number of veterans impacted

VA loses records on 1.8 million vets, doctors
February 13, 2007
Read more: VA loses records on 1.8 million vets, doctors - FierceHealthcare http://www.fiercehealthcare.com/story/v ... z2pgbH0KDg
Subscribe at FierceHealthcare

VA loses more veterans' data - Los Angeles Times
NEW YORK — The Department of Veterans Administration confirmed Thursday that a computer containing the personal data of military veterans was stolen from the agency's Manhattan hospital. VA spokeswoman Jo Schuda said the laptop computer, used to measure pulmonary function, was ...
articles.latimes.com/2006/nov/03/nation/na-vetdata3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:41 am 
This is the real mantra of the War Mongers.

"WE are under attack. We must protect OURself. YOU must go and fight. I will do everything I can do to support YOU.

Protect US.

Defend US.

DIE for US.

YOU must defend US.

WE need YOU.

I will never...ever put MY ASS on the line.

That is what YOU are for.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

this is quite the smack down on paul ryan, and well deserved.

http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-rya ... ns-2013-12
Disposable: Paul Ryan's Budget Epitomizes How Washington Actually Sees Veterans
Paul Ryan says of military members, “[w]e owe them a benefit structure they can count on.” This is the most revealing sentence in his editorial, because he uses the word benefit. No, Mr. Ryan doesn’t owe them a benefit. Military retirement isn’t a social benefit. He owes them the compensation promised by their country. It’s not a benefit. It’s a vested pension. It’s earnings they already paid for. That they earned those benefits in ways Paul Ryan doesn’t understand because he’s never served doesn’t change that fact.

He and his colleagues owe those who already acted in reliance on their promised pensions exactly what they were warranted, and not a penny less. Two million retired veterans (and hundreds of thousands currently serving) made career decisions based on this reliance, and cannot now go back and change those decisions. Ryan understands the irrevocable nature of these decisions on some level, given that he now wants to make sure disabled retirees don’t lose any pension money.
Mr. Ryan, speaking directly to you now, if you’re truly going to engage with veterans, you’ll have to learn to knock off the nonsense and talk straight. Stop playing pretend, admit what you’re doing, and either stand by it or don’t. You were part of the movement that imposed sequestration on the DoD, over the objections of everyone who knows anything about national defense.

Now that the generals are telling you they can’t maintain readiness without more funding or fewer missions, you’re looking to avoid tough decisions by grabbing for some easy cash, and have chosen the place where resistance is least likely – a constituency that isn’t allowed to speak out on its own behalf and has been socialized to refrain from complaining even when abused.
Well, you miscalculated. We noticed. We noticed you didn’t bother forcing DoD to reform itself (or even pass an audit based on current practices) before you allowed it to prop up a false narrative of runaway personnel costs – notwithstanding you and others voted for the current levels of compensation in order to carry out the wars you advocated without having to advertise their true costs to the American people.

We noticed you didn’t ask the President to shut down the war in Afghanistan any faster, even though doing so just one month earlier than planned would completely finance the savings you instead chose to take from pensions we earned with mortal risk and one kick in the gut after another over the last dozen years. We noticed that you didn’t bother dialing up the uber rich – those who extract the most from the free-market system guarded by veterans – and asking them to contribute a little more in exchange for their freedom to earn riches insulated from threats to national security. To do so has long been an honorable American tradition. You chose a different path, and we noticed.

Most of all, we noticed you didn’t acknowledge you were breaking a promise. You, the President (as recently as September of this year), previous generals, and two previous Defense Secretaries reassured veterans time and again that any reform of the pension system would not touch the compensation of those who already paid their dues.

You haven’t acknowledged that by slipping this back-door provision into the budget, you spearheaded a successful effort to break those promises, which we consider sacred and fundamental. But you underestimated the American veteran, who is typically an unselfish team player averse to complaint, but never stupid. We have families who rely on us to fight for them, so we have no intention of going quietly while you pass off quasi-larceny as “reform.”

Paul Ryan is a futurist. He’s concerned with what runaway compensation costs might do to the national debt over the course of the next ten years. Not so concerned that he wants to look at reducing Congressional pay or the pay of generals, admirals, and senior executives. Just concerned enough to cut the pensions of the military’s middle class.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:25 pm 
Policy Wonk

this is quite the smack down on paul ryan, and well deserved.

http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-rya ... ns-2013-12
Disposable: Paul Ryan's Budget Epitomizes How Washington Actually Sees Veterans
Paul Ryan says of military members, “[w]e owe them a benefit structure they can count on.” This is the most revealing sentence in his editorial, because he uses the word benefit. No, Mr. Ryan doesn’t owe them a benefit. Military retirement isn’t a social benefit. He owes them the compensation promised by their country. It’s not a benefit. It’s a vested pension. It’s earnings they already paid for. That they earned those benefits in ways Paul Ryan doesn’t understand because he’s never served doesn’t change that fact.

He and his colleagues owe those who already acted in reliance on their promised pensions exactly what they were warranted, and not a penny less. Two million retired veterans (and hundreds of thousands currently serving) made career decisions based on this reliance, and cannot now go back and change those decisions. Ryan understands the irrevocable nature of these decisions on some level, given that he now wants to make sure disabled retirees don’t lose any pension money.
Mr. Ryan, speaking directly to you now, if you’re truly going to engage with veterans, you’ll have to learn to knock off the nonsense and talk straight. Stop playing pretend, admit what you’re doing, and either stand by it or don’t. You were part of the movement that imposed sequestration on the DoD, over the objections of everyone who knows anything about national defense.

Now that the generals are telling you they can’t maintain readiness without more funding or fewer missions, you’re looking to avoid tough decisions by grabbing for some easy cash, and have chosen the place where resistance is least likely – a constituency that isn’t allowed to speak out on its own behalf and has been socialized to refrain from complaining even when abused.
Well, you miscalculated. We noticed. We noticed you didn’t bother forcing DoD to reform itself (or even pass an audit based on current practices) before you allowed it to prop up a false narrative of runaway personnel costs – notwithstanding you and others voted for the current levels of compensation in order to carry out the wars you advocated without having to advertise their true costs to the American people.

We noticed you didn’t ask the President to shut down the war in Afghanistan any faster, even though doing so just one month earlier than planned would completely finance the savings you instead chose to take from pensions we earned with mortal risk and one kick in the gut after another over the last dozen years. We noticed that you didn’t bother dialing up the uber rich – those who extract the most from the free-market system guarded by veterans – and asking them to contribute a little more in exchange for their freedom to earn riches insulated from threats to national security. To do so has long been an honorable American tradition. You chose a different path, and we noticed.

Most of all, we noticed you didn’t acknowledge you were breaking a promise. You, the President (as recently as September of this year), previous generals, and two previous Defense Secretaries reassured veterans time and again that any reform of the pension system would not touch the compensation of those who already paid their dues.

You haven’t acknowledged that by slipping this back-door provision into the budget, you spearheaded a successful effort to break those promises, which we consider sacred and fundamental. But you underestimated the American veteran, who is typically an unselfish team player averse to complaint, but never stupid. We have families who rely on us to fight for them, so we have no intention of going quietly while you pass off quasi-larceny as “reform.”

Paul Ryan is a futurist. He’s concerned with what runaway compensation costs might do to the national debt over the course of the next ten years. Not so concerned that he wants to look at reducing Congressional pay or the pay of generals, admirals, and senior executives. Just concerned enough to cut the pensions of the military’s middle class.

+1000

"A vote for ANY republican is a vote to destroy the middle class and our democracy".

Righties hate democracy because they can not honestly win national elections with their current message.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:33 pm 
Policy Wonk

HOW MUCH WILL THIS COST?

lets all hunt for the records we burned in pits and spend a shitload of money
on our travel and meals and clothes and fun shit while we make sure the vets
cough the fuck up and pay for this: we wouldnt be doing this if theyd all just died.

http://www.propublica.org/article/army- ... ery-effort

http://www.propublica.org/article/congr ... ar-records

http://www.propublica.org/article/veter ... ar-records

http://www.propublica.org/article/us-ho ... ar-records

"If they all died" is the key here. The company I work for has quite a few contracts with the Navy in San Diego. We took care of the barracks at Miramar from 2008 - 2013. I used to hear young Marines complaining about the bad quality body armor the military issued to them. Some of them even had their family buy good body armor at, I'm sure high cost, and send it to them. Their commanders ordered them to not use the good body armor and to use the military issue bad body armor. It appears the military would rather active duty personnel be killed rather than injured. An injured person with a disability has to be compensated and taken care of for the rest of their life, possibly 50 - 60 years; a dead active duty person - not so much - pay the death payment to the survivors and it's a done deal. I don't see how anyone would volunteer for the military these days, unless you're starving to death.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

fuck the grunts.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/ ... FS20130530
Top U.S. tax breaks to cost $12 trillion over decade, benefit wealthy: CBO
(Reuters) - The top ten tax deductions, credits and exclusions will keep $12 trillion out of federal government coffers over the next decade, and several of them mainly benefit the wealthiest Americans, a new study from the Congressional Budget Office shows.
The top 20 percent of income earners will reap more than half of the $900 billion in benefits from these tax breaks that will accrue in 2013, the non-partisan CBO said on Wednesday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... r-disease/
Extreme cold kills more people than leukemia, homicide and liver disease
By Ezra Klein January 7 at 11:51 am

The bitter chill isn't just an inconvenience. It could kill you. A 2007 study by Olivier Deschenes and Enrico Moretti found that "the number of annual deaths attributable to cold temperature is 27,940 or 1.3% of total deaths in the US." In total, the authors calculate, the cold is responsible for more annual deaths than "leukemia, homicide, and chronic liver disease."

This is particularly true in low-income communities. "The effect for counties in the bottom income decile is 66% larger than the effect for counties the top income decile."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

We still don't hear about what REALLY happened in Desert Storm. You have to be tuned into veterans' organizations or you'll never know. The number of The Heroes of Desert Storm who got service-connected illnesses is absolutely staggering.

I'm really tired of this crap. Our veterans should not have to be yet another oppressed group to be cited in speeches and forgotten the rest of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

the same bullshitters claiming they wanna pay for everything up front didnt.
Fail. all the bullshit over budgets and deficits dont mean shit.

http://www.businessinsider.com/retireme ... ity-2014-1
An Unholy Alliance Is Forcing Veterans To Pay For 12 Years Of War

Led by Paul Ryan and Patty Murray but abetted by Barack Obama, Congress recently gambled with our nation’s future for an extremely modest short-term gain.

The Ryan-Murray pension-raid was not a “mistake” as some have claimed and as I’ve suggested elsewhere is a fallacious notion.
It was a calculated breach of the faith for short-term political advantage.
Ryan, Murray, Obama, Hagel, and the rest of those who pushed and supported this knew they were acting immorally, but were willing to accept doing so out of a rational calculation of what it would do for them. What they didn’t ask is what it might do to them . . . or more importantly, what it might do to us, the nation they claim to lead.

This is the greatest risk of all — a risk potentially fatal to our national life. We’ve developed a nasty habit in the modern age of waging war without paying for it, and that has set us on a long road to ruin. We’ve yet to pay for the wars fought in the last 12 years, having pushed the costs off on future generations by borrowing against the national debt (save for the $6B pick-pocketed from those who did the fighting). No raised taxes (in fact, tax rates are at a record low as Congressional conservatives who voted overwhelmingly to authorize wars and troop surges complain about the national debt).

No war bonds. No draft. No appeal to our richest citizens to finance an expedition. We’ve been at war for a dozen solid years without asking Americans at-large to make a single material sacrifice. Now we turn to veterans and expect them to foot the bill.

Veterans understandably refuse to willingly do so, not only because it is unspeakably wrong for them to have been asked in the first place, but because they understand covering up the cost of war is dangerous to our way of life.

When war no longer carries even the faintest whiff of sacrifice for the vast majority of citizens, they will readily support it without rigorously considering its necessity or the manner of its execution. This is a path to endless war, and when we have warred enough that our interests have become overextended and we’re bogged down with inescapable obligations we can no longer sustain (hints of which are noticeable already), national collapse becomes inevitable.
So as Congress returns to session, it seems like a good moment for some unsolicited strategic advice, even if it disturbs the self-congratulatory saccharine party Washington has undertaken in the wake of a signed budget.

Congress, you can either have an honorable military, or one that accepts broken promises.

You can either have a cheap military, or the world’s best. And you can either have an expensive but secure way of life, or something less.

Oddly, doing the morally right thing leads to the best outcome in each of these choices, proving that strategy and morality need not be misaligned. Reconciling the two is matter of considering not only what a course of action does for you, but what it does to your country. Thinking about it this way should compel a swift amendment to restore the promises made to our veterans and their families.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

btw, ive not seen One word today on the latest VA records loss fuckup.
i didnt expect to, really....you cant even find this on the googs

"January 6, 2014 VA Loses More Data On Hundreds Of Thousands Of Vets"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

THIS
each state should have at least 5 of these things. TX could use 10.
take care of the simple shit via the road, no lines no appts at the VA.

Mobile Medical Unit - VA Maine Healthcare System
http://www.maine.va.gov/locations/Mobil ... l_Unit.asp
Apr 25, 2013 - Togus VAMC provides medical care to veterans in Bingham, Maine via the ... The Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) provides VA primary and mental health care to ... Routine and Follow-up Primary Care appointments with limited ...

Veterans Mobile Medical Unit - Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
http://www.hines.va.gov/services/mmu.asp
Jul 2, 2013 - A Veterans Mobile Medical Unit is the latest tool Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital is using to reach out to area Veterans to enroll them in and ...

Mobile Health: Expanding Care for Veterans Beyond the Medical ...
http://www.blogs.va.gov/.../mobile-heal ... ns-beyon...‎
Jul 23, 2013 - As a physician at the Washington D.C. Veterans Affairs Medical Center, ... to stay organized with their appointments, medications and reminders; .... Transportation to healthcare at a VA clinic is a great concern and problem.

Cheyenne VA's Mobile Telehealth Clinic - Cheyenne VA Medical ...
http://www.cheyenne.va.gov/services/mob ... clinic.asp
Apr 22, 2013 - Official seal of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs ... The Mobile Telehealth Clinic has regularly scheduled clinics in Sterling, ... stations for the status of the day's Mobile Telehealth Clinical appointments or call ...

Rural Mobile Medical Unit - VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health ...
http://www.texasvalley.va.gov/locations ... l_Unit.asp
Jun 13, 2013 - Official seal of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs ... Twice a month the mobile medical unit (MMU) visits six rural South Texas ... The MMU is for scheduled appointments only and cannot accommodate walk-ins.

trust me, this tele-app crap wont work well.
https://mobilehealth.va.gov/

Last edited by rainwater on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:44 pm 
Policy Wonk

The 1% insist on having security, however, they do not pay for it and feel that they are entitled to their way of life. The rest of us must pay for the entitled 1% to live their lifestyle. Something the middle class idiots who vote republic-CON just don't get - they are voting against their own best interests. Ego over intelligence.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

these muther fuckers. my god, how does this keep happening.
no one gives a shit. these bankster goons CONNED these people into buying
the manufac homes near the bases, you cant lose!!! they told them...while Knowing
they would Never lend on them again. these families lost Everything.

http://news.msn.com/in-depth/the-battle ... ss#tscptmt
The battle against veterans' homelessness--
A national nightmare, as it turns out.
Each year, about 150,000 veterans become homeless — about
one in 10 former military men and women, said Dennis Culhane, an expert on homelessness
at the University of Pennsylvania.Many are dealing with combat trauma, while others are
struggling to find work with skills that do not necessarily translate into today's workforce, he said.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/11/30 ... eclosures/
Banks Targeting Military Families for Illegal Foreclosures-
Up to One Third of Veterans Lost their Homes Since 2008--+009,010,011,012,013
In 2010 alone, military families that turned to the Homeowners Assistance Program, still lost their
homes to foreclosure. A spot check of military foreclosures under HEP only in regions adjacent to
military bases showed 20,000 foreclosures of homes thought to be protected by special military family guarantees.

Most of these were manufacs NO ONE could sell. thx BAC.
With the government often tied directly to the banks, lets name them:
Bank of America Wells Fargo JP Morgan/Chase (Rothschild) OneWest(IndyMac)
CitiGroup HSBC MetLife Lehman Brothers Sovereign Everbank

Recently the Obama administration has created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau tasked
with looking out for the interests of military families who have fallen victim to predatory
lending practices and illegal foreclosures.
However, Republicans in congress are holding up funding for this organization. They feel that
military families should be able to “fend for themselves” in the “free marketplace.”
What is sadder still is that the majority of military families support the same candidates that are
actively supporting the institutions who are involved in illegally taking their homes and destroying
their families. Call this “poor access to information” as is so often the case through the Pentagon
Channel, the Armed Forces Network, CNN and Fox News, the only “approved” sources for information
for our troops and their families.
Currently, over 28 percent of all homes in America have been foreclosed on, military and veterans
families are well above that number.

VA COMPLICITY/VA SERVICE ....
However, the rosy picture of 2002 has turned upside down. We began getting the signal something
was wrong when, at specific bases, veterans began killing their families. When the numbers got
high enough, the counting stopped.
Then came the suicides.
By 2007, 14,000 veterans had killed themselves. The VA under President Obama and Secretary
Shinseki began the VA Suicide Hotline Program which we have found helpful.
This is the number: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Several years ago, a film was produced indicating that 711,000 Vietnam veterans were still alive
out of 2.9 million. At the time, the average age would have been around 59.
That film has since been suppressed, every site carrying it censored with a ruthless systematic effort.
This and developments in pharmacology have led to attempts at “retention” through
the application of medications that have included “cocktails” known to bring on suicide
or include chemical castration agents.
Hundreds of thousands more have been diagnosed with “unrelated psychiatric conditions” which deny
them compensation.
This assumes that military recruiters must have been visiting mental institutions rather than public schools. Humor? Perhaps.

Saddest of all, and the tie in to the foreclosure crisis is the 500,000 veterans, most with families,
half with families in the middle of stress or dissolution, that have been forced to wait one to 5 years
while simple forms and evaluation visits and processed by the Department of Veterans Affairs
whose history is to deny all claims.

In one case, we found a veteran with 40 percent of his brain removed found to be
healthy and employable. He was also missing his right arm. The physician who
examined him over looked the arm and failed to note the cognitive degeneration
the traumatic brain injury had caused.

My own veterans claim processing took 12 years and I am a service officer with friends
in Congress.
Vietnam veterans should have gone on compensation for PTSD and Agent Orange in
the 1960s and 1970s. The average veteran was examined and diagnosed between
1996 and 2005.
By that time, half had died. ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

the above msn article was today. this one is May 2013.
they set these mil families up and they knock them down, with intent, to make
personal gains off of them and their falls.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/2- ... osu/nXjmL/
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
2 investigates: Veterans fighting against foreclosure

ATLANTA —
Over the past few months, Channel 2 Action News has heard from dozens of veterans who are
fighting to save their homes from foreclosure.
A local attorney says the veterans are being targeted, and he calls it the most revolting thing
he's ever seen. Channel 2's Craig Lucie has learned taxpayer money is involved.
A handful of big banks are offering settlements to some veterans who were foreclosed on, but it's
not much and it only applies to certain cases.

Army veteran John and his wife, Lydia, said their hell started after they applied for a home loan
modification.
"I was not in foreclosure. I wasn't behind in my mortgage," Smith said. "They were the ones who
insisted I apply for a loan modification."
Smith said Chase Bank told him the modification would take 45 days, but instead it took two years.
He said during the process, Chase told him not to pay on the mortgage.
"And one day, all of a sudden, I started getting papers in the mail that it was $1,600 for three months,
and then $20,000 for the next," Smith said.

that is what Bain did; if you didnt make the payment as they wanted they took you over.
Chase wouldn't comment to Channel 2 Action News on Smith's case, and Citi Mortgage said they
would not discuss specifics about customer accounts, including one involving Air Force veteran
Richard Leder.

"I was told to go delinquent by Citi Mortgage over the phone," Leder said.
"They didn't put it in writing."
Leder said he knew he'd have to pay eventually, so he set the money aside. Still,
the bank foreclosed on his home five months later.
"I had the money to bring my house current in cash, $100 bills," Leder said. "They wouldn't take it.
They weren't interested."
Atlanta attorney Robert Thompson hasn't represented the Smiths or Leder, but said he has seen
hundreds of cases like theirs. "It's the most revolting thing I've ever seen," Thompson said.

Thompson believes banks are targeting some veterans, like the Smiths, who have a mortgage
loan from the U.S. Veterans Administration. Thompson said VA loans are insured, and because
of that, banks often sell the loan to another mortgage company, but they still get to keep the
insurance money.

"So they sold the loan, so they're not owed any money. They will collect the money from
reselling the house, and they'll collect the insurance from the face value on the house to
start with. So that's doubling and tripling their money off the veterans and the government
and the taxpayer," Thompson said.
#youfukinmoochers

John Smith said since he first talked to Channel 2 Action News in January, Chase Bank has
tried to settle with him.
"They wanted to know what kind of compensation that we wanted for putting us through
this stress and aggravation," Smith said.
"There's not enough money to compensate me both emotionally and physically for what I
went through," said Smith's wife, Lydia.
The Smiths have hired an attorney, who traced the actions of the bank.

"I just know they submitted a claim, and the VA paid it, and that's all we were told," said
Latrice Latin. "The claim for the house would be the amount that they sold the mortgage for."
Latin confirmed the bank could be collecting more than $100,000 off fees from the VA loan.

The Smiths still are fighting to keep their house.
"I wrote a blank check for up to and including my life for my country," Leder said. "And
the banks and the government have screwed me out of everything."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:45 pm 
"And It's One Two Three Four What Are We Fighting For"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiWcDt8566g.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

so countrywide sold them the manufacs, bearing approx 5%@30@150,000k, Min,
backed by the VA home loan program, which then had to pay both the loan and
the INS for the repo. in the end all the banksters made off with 2-3times the
depreciation of these places which the buyer also paid them.
quad dippers. one time is not enuff.

Quote:
VA loans are insured, and because of that, banks often sell the loan to another
mortgage company, but they still get to keep the insurance money.

"So they sold the loan, so they're not owed any money. They will collect the money from
reselling the house, and they'll collect the insurance from the face value on the house to
start with. So that's doubling and tripling their money off the veterans and the government
and the taxpayer,"

they put them ALL in a "A non-conforming loan is a loan that fails to meet bank criteria for funding."
which, then, meant they personally were "subprime"...which affected ALL other credit.
that was countrywides game. then BAC takes them and furthers the destruction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countrywide_Financial
In 2008, Bank of America purchased the failing Countrywide Financial for $4.1 billion. In 2006 Countrywide financed 20% of all mortgages in the United States, at a value of about 3.5% of United States GDP, a proportion greater than any other single mortgage lender.
20% of ALL loans were on manufacs. CW didnt do stick.
and they KNEW...they KNEW they wouldnt lend on them again W/O You paying
them another 50k Down. making that Five dips in your depreciating house values.
as well the buyer got about 8-9-10% loan rate for being seen as "subprime".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

dying from curables.

november.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/19/health/ve ... index.html
Hospital delays are killing America's war veterans
The VA has confirmed six deaths at Dorn tied to delays. But sources close to the investigation say the number of veterans dead or dying of cancer because they had to wait too long for diagnosis or treatment at this facility could be more than 20.

today. and how much will this gab fest cost.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/health/co ... index.html
Congress demands answers after CNN report on VA deaths
they demand!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

it clearly appears that the losing of ALL RECORDS from these wars is The Main Reason
why the VA is not can not and does not move these claim backlogs forward, and do
something appropriate with these claims from these veterans.

it may seem, also, that the system platforms arent sufficient, enough.
but i doubt that is the entire problem, with these claims, and this ever growing
backlog.
they cant document shit. the officious fuckers, they cant.

in this case, my understanding is, when there are NO records found 51% opinion
goes to the Veteran and their recollection of dates and events.
which is Another Main reason these claims sit in piles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

of course this could always make things interesting.
sometime last fall we had the CanDefPM announce his take on alien life,
then again a few weeks ago. and, now, THIS.
makes ya wonder about the storing of all my stupid emails, dont it.
...which ya know, could just be a distraction, for data, holding....stuff...

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2013/12 ... al/355981/
Dec 10, 2013 3:34PM ET / Politics
Obama's Second-Term Surprise: Yes, Aliens Are Real

A revamped focus on "habitable worlds," just as Podesta walks up the White House's front steps and the government starts talking publicly about Area 51. It's almost too perfect.