RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:15 am 
At lest we didn't have lunatic mccain in the white house - there would be nothing but a mushroom cloud where the earth used to reside.

IF this were Grampy's Second Term the U.S. would be militarily involved in Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq/Syria/Ukraine just to name a few.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:16 am 
Board Emeritus

IF this were Grampy's Second Term the U.S. would be militarily involved in Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq/Syria/Ukraine just to name a few.

Supplying weapons to ISIS etc.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:49 am 
Board Emeritus

Supplying weapons to ISIS etc.

oh we cant do that w/o going thru the saudeez.

saudeez....you cant see them cant smell them theyre like everywhere ghosts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

I find it amusing that you keep bringing up John McCain. I guess some of you need something to deflect attention from the bloody awful Middle East policies of the Obama administration.

The great irony is that Obama is proposing is pretty much what the McCains and the Grahams want to do in Iraq, only at a slower pace. The end result, however, will be the same: More war, more destruction and, ultimately, another costly defeat for the U.S. As I've said before, U.S. political elites learn nothing from history.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

--crickets--

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nam vets poisoned but not forgotten.

http://www.krem.com/home/Spokane-vetera ... 96961.html
Spokane veteran grapples with long term affects of Agent Orange

He was in Vietnam in 1967 and 1968 when troop levels were at their highest and Agent Orange was being used freely.

"The stuff was in the water, it was in the air, it was in the dirt, it was in the food we ate," he remembered.

Many veterans said they recalled getting sprayed directly.
Others stated that they were exposed by the residue that lingered for days in the jungle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:45 pm 
Policy Wonk

Those we just guys who got drafted, they didn't have money to go to college and get a deference or get braces on their teeth to get out of the draft, or crap in their pants for a week before their physical.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

pretty thorough timeline of how we got to...today. dick.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... r-timeline
Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq
Mushroom clouds, duct tape, Judy Miller, Curveball. Recalling how Americans were sold a bogus case for invasion.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

yesyesyes all speechy freey flaggy words but nothing on a decent pay raise for
all the enter flowery patriotic terms words phrases here mil personnel and families.

hoo. rah.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

reelly billo....which thusly makes the USMil personnel a bunch of overpaid neerdowells who dont work for a private corp, is that it?

#yafukinmoochers

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... -isis.html
September 23, 2014 2:18 p.m.
President Bill O’Reilly Has His Own Insane Plan to Destroy ISIS: 25,000 Mercenaries
By Joe Coscarelli

Fox News deity Bill O'Reilly is "tired of the phony rhetoric surrounding the ISIS terror threat" and doesn't trust that Syrians can handle the job, U.S. training or not, he said on the Factor last night. At the same time, he knows advocating for American troops to take up the fight themselves is extremely unpopular. But O'Reilly, problem solver that he is, has a solution: "elite fighters who would be well paid, well trained to defeat terrorists all over the world." Since that worked so well in Iraq last time around. What we need is more Blackwater.

In the O'Reilly fantasy, the 25,000-person force would be English-speaking, "recruited by the USA and trained in America by our special operations troops," and dubbed "the Anti-Terror Army," because the Avengers is already taken.
sure let the underpaid grunts of the USMIL TRAIN THESE FUKERS FOR THE SHIT WAGES THEY NOW GET WHILE THE FNGS GET "WELL PAID"
...good one bill.

To his credit, O'Reilly hosted an actual military expert to assess his blueprint for keeping the American people safe. "This is a terrible idea. It's a terrible idea not just as a practical matter but as a moral matter," said Dr. Tom Nichols, a professor at the U.S. Naval War College. "It's a morally corrosive idea to try to outsource our national security."

"We're not talking about Expendables 8 here," O'Reilly insisted, "we're talking about a highly trained, disciplined force."
you slacker USMIL forces go fuk yerselves.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Last time I looked, the US military did very well in the trained and disciplined department. Blackwater and the mercs... eehhhhhhhh........... and also, private paramilitaries will inevitably be hired by the oligarchy to break strikes and shoot Americans in their own country. It has happened before. Many times, in fact.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

of course more soldiers to the ME while the rest of you slackers get a 1.7% COLA.

whoop-pee.

no wonder they volunteer for hazard pays.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

That didn't take long after the election, did it?

3000 more boots! (1500 troops, "Advisors" of course. Lyndon Johnson told the nation.)

LET THE MISSION CREEP BEGIN!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:21 pm 
Policy Wonk

And people wonder why the Democrats lost big on Tuesday.

Edit -- For those wondering what this is about:
https://news.yahoo.com/obama-doubles-u- ... 03778.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

there is no such thing, anymore, as mission creep.
it is all mission creep. all of it. there is no creeping, er sneaking.
theres plenty of creeping us out by the MIC who know they have the pols
in their pockets.
it is the only industry.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

And people wonder why the Democrats lost big on Tuesday.

Edit -- For those wondering what this is about:
https://news.yahoo.com/obama-doubles-u- ... 03778.html

Not everyone makes middle east policy their #1 concern in midterm elections (exit polls actually showed that more Democrats approved of "U.S. military action against ISIS in Iraq and Syria" than Republicans). People seem to forget that it would have been more historically interesting if the Democrats had retained control. More often than not, the minority party makes gains in Midterm elections.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

There is a certain truth to Timmy's statement. The Democrats, by breaking several major campaign promises, and by failing to sufficently explain why they might want to do so, came across as either lying, standing for nothing, or losing their cojones and becoming (once again) Republican Lite. None of these can energize the base. Exit polls show that the base didn't vote.

There were other reasons the Republicans energized their base and the Democrats didn't. One major one is simply second-term fatigue and the generally punitive aspect of nearly all mid-second-term elections.

It's easy to over-analyze all this. The punditocracy has missed the fact that basically the American voters, all 33% that voted, did about what they always do. They voted a basically center-left agenda, and then put in legislators guaranteed to fight tooth and nail against same.

Business as usual in the post-Ray Gun US of A.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

There is a certain truth to Timmy's statement. The Democrats, by breaking several major campaign promises, and by failing to sufficently explain why they might want to do so, came across as either lying, standing for nothing, or losing their cojones and becoming (once again) Republican Lite. None of these can energize the base. Exit polls show that the base didn't vote.

There were other reasons the Republicans energized their base and the Democrats didn't. One major one is simply second-term fatigue and the generally punitive aspect of nearly all mid-second-term elections.

It's easy to over-analyze all this. The punditocracy has missed the fact that basically the American voters, all 33% that voted, did about what they always do. They voted a basically center-left agenda, and then put in legislators guaranteed to fight tooth and nail against same.

Business as usual in the post-Ray Gun US of A.

then there is no difference in them, no diff between what they do say or proclaim.

im just looking for clarity. if None of the pols can do Anything for the People then
let us make sure we know That.
so far the livertarians were Not better either once they achieved the big congessional
paychecks so dont set them on any perch.

what to do what to do...when none of the, yours mine ours, pols, GAS.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:32 am 
Policy Wonk

And that's exactly the point I was trying to make. If the exit polls show that 51% of Democratic voters were pro-war, then that means an awful lot of Democrats stayed home. Between Obama's broken promises on Iraq and his generally poor handling of economic issues, it's no wonder that nearly all of those who supported him in 2008 did not vote in 2014.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:44 am 
Board Emeritus

Oh, don't get me wrong, the Democrats had shitty strategy (the Daily Show, per usual, had an excellent piece on this). I just don't buy that foreign policy was a central driver of this election.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

My take on it is that foreign policy added to the general malaise of the Obama core, which as we know from the polls was uninspired and generally stayed home. The exit polls skewed much older and whiter than in the 2012 presidential election.

Otherwise, if the election was about anything, it was the usual "let's send a message" of second midterms, plus economics. Obama turned the economy around, really he did, check the usual metrics, but wages stayed flattish to downward. Given that absolutely no consideration has been paid to inequality, viable infrastructure, or the "race to the bottom," wages aren't going to recover anytime soon. The academic econ jargon for this is "secular slump." The street name is "Democrats get hosed."

But, as I keep saying, you can't over-analyze this election too much. Various cyclical and structural issues converged in the GOP favor, and the poor confused Demos knew all along that they had one coming. Absent pundit jargon, we are left with the fact that they just took an old-fashioned country whuppin'.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

let us slog thru another veterans day listening to the load of patriotic hooha
which will just as quickly disappear by wednesday morning. maybe tuesday midnite.

remember that big chunk of 1.7% COLA coming and go STFU you veterans.
...thats your tank of gas for the month. dont use it all in one place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

oh cool. congress has to vote to fund this new shipment of meat to the ME.
oh we cant wait to hear how they do this on one of the 7 days they work this month.
i doubt this deployment will happen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

They can do like goober, and borrow the money while talking about fiscal responsibility.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

last year, wasnt veterans day and the scandals...wasnt it big news all the time for
oh idk about a week...

then this year--or did i miss it--the pols the nooze, barely notices THE SCANDALS
the letting down of the veterans who keep you safe, you say.

its always lovely when you never know what scandal will take over the
main stream scandal mongers, er, MSM. er Pols.
did the pols have anything to say today about the damn veterans?
..beyond telling us all what we need....

remember remember the veterans were hijacked by COUNTRYWIDE. et al.

crickets. not a peep.
our pols are good with this.
#allyallgofukyerselves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next